Thursday, November 13, 2008

Thankful Thursday



I have a lot to be thankful for this week, but I will narrow it down.



1. My husband. I can't believe the life you all have, you actually (most of you) get to see your hubby on a regular basis, and get to sleep with him every night. Well guess what this is bad to say but I am thankful he is not working so I get to spend lots of fun times with him.. ;0)


(get your mind out of the gutter folks)


2. Firsts- Yesterday was a big "Firsts" day for this handsome boy. Yesterday he got his Front tooth, and almost his fourth. Yesterday he took a bottle for the first time. (my kids just don't do that.. It was juice, but still He took a bottle...Yay Me....and him.


And he did this for the first time yesterday.





3. I am thankful for Nice people, you heard right, if your nice, I am thankful for you, if you are mean, you suck!!!!


4. I am thankful for the handful of people who came over to my blog yesterday and commented. I think I lost all my love in 2 days, no one comments, I have 72 people come to my blog yesterday, but only 6 commented. Maybe people don't like poor people... Maybe I will tell you we hit the jackpot, would you be my friend then. ;0)


5. I am thankful for blacks, whites, browns, reds, purples, oranges. I am not Racist....I love you all.


6. I am thankful for prayers. From you all. We feel the love, and I love to pray myself...


Have a great one.

32 coments:

Jan said...

That was really great Devri. I am thankful for prayer more and more too. I love nice people as well. It rocks my world. And Snuggle all you want.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a big day! And...hey, I commented yesterday!

Renee said...

This is a very exciting develpment. Bottles rock!!! My boys were really easy and took to a bottle with no problem. My girls on the other hand, were drama queens and acted like they were choking every time I attempted to bottle feed! So I nursed for like 10 years!

And hey, stop counting your hits vs. comments... it'll drive you crazy!!!

Devri said...

I really don't count, but it is down where I spy on who has been here, ya know for the crazies who are trying to steal my children, so I can't help but see it..

Maybe i should just take it down.

Why do I care,,

i am a dork.

Jamie said...

I love having my husband home. I am blessed that his schedule is random and some days we have him all morning.I love this list and I am gratful to be on that nice list.

Judi said...

Devri-I love you, I don't know you, but I love you!
You make me laugh every day, even if I don't comment everyday!!

gigi said...

It's the little things we often forget to be thankful for. Glad I have a new friend in you!

tammy said...

Oh that video makes me miss having a baby in my house. What a cutie.

Great thankful list. I also got to sleep with my hubby last night because someone picked up the trip he was supposed to be on.

shauna said...

You find big blessings in little places some people don't think to look.

I loved bottle freedom too!

Kristina P. said...

Your little guy is completely adorable!

I think that the hits to comments are usually like that. I usually get about a fifth of the people who check my site, who actually comment.

Tara D. said...

I love your thankful Thursday posts. I really helps me to be more thankful for the things in my life as well. Your little boy is so cute! :)

Melissa P said...

Your baby is so cute crawling. My baby is 4 now. That is so fun to watch. Just remember to enjoy it. I didn't enough I was too stressed out.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I don't comment much. I don't even get to look much. But whenever I do, it's always Thankful Thursday...I have seen this on a few other sites, what is this? I also saw that you know the Fitzwater family. The live by me and I just wondered how you know them? Good luck with all your endeavors...I will pray for you too.

Kristen said...

What a cutie that little guy is! Watch out world--here he comes! Being mobile is such a great adventure!

Amber said...

I read the comments on Jenn's blog and your responses to her. I find it fascinating how people can blow the simplest things out of proportion. I unsubbed from her blog because frankly, those past few posts show someone's true colors when you are willing to publicly humiliate someone. I am not interested in reading a bunch of bashing. I wish you best, and am sad to see that your hair blog doesn't exist. I would have liked to have read it. I hope you realize that people like me, a complete stranger, could read right through those comments and realize who was throwing stones and who wasn't. You have such a cute family, too.

ang :o) said...

I am right there with amber. I am so disappointed with Jen and what she wrote as well. I followed all of it as it was happening and couldn't believe what she made your comments out to be. I never took your comments the way she did. It's very sad. Just do your thing and don't worry about other people. Her public attack on you was so uncalled for. Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

What is Amber talking about? call me!

HaYn Mama said...

I apologize...I was one of the many who did a drive by blog read... I had no time to stop and say hi... so sorry... I was busy cooking for our area elementary's teachers appreciation dinner... but wait I home school my kids how did I come across having to do this... the PTA pres is my neighbor and she loves my shoyu chicken, nuff said.

Yeah for the bottle and so fun to see your baby sit up on his own. EH and there's always a little blessing in the midst of a trial... enjoy your time with your hubby!

Amber said...

I hope I was clear before. I was disappointed in Jen's comments about Devri. I don't think it's ok to bash someone publicly. I'm sure Jen is a great person, but she shouldn't have said what she said in such a public way. I wish everyone could just be kind, supportive, and positive when posting. I don't think it's appropriate to comment on someone's blog and leave something negative. Why not say nothing at all? In the end, it's too bad two nice people aren't friends anymore (even if they were only virtual friends).

Joann said...

I am sad that your hair blog is gone, too. I am hoping you just took it off the market for a while, until you can get a private one set up. I really feel bad about the whole "comment" thing. I love BOTH of your sites and it is a sad thing that both of you are now gone (or going) away. I hope in time, you can find the strength to keep hair-blogging. I think you are so talented, and it's sounds like many others do as well! I love nice people, too :)

Mia said...

I am pretty sure I am nice, but I may be biased ;)

Cheryl said...

Sorry I didn't comment either. But I do love your site and I always check it out. Plus I think your kids are just adorable. (maybe I will steal them) Just kidding! You are super talented though, so please don't bury it.

Sue said...

Yes I'm nice

Yes I'm still praying for your family

yes, I commented yesterday

Yes I'm thankful for Devri this thursday!!

Ane said...

Seriously, you sounded just like one of my aunties in that video! I told my mom about you and your fam..she was like...you better teach your kids more Tongan! lol! Time to have a new baby Devri... your kids are just too cute!!

Vanessa said...

Yay for Thankful Thursday! I can't believe how big he is getting! I wish they would stay little forever!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Does that mean I was one of the7?
WOW, and look today! I think I am number 26! Go you!
Yahoo for all the fun and neat baby things!
I'm praying for your family!
(((HUGS))

MERRIANNE said...

you are so funny! and your baby is cute!! and congrats on spending more TIME with your HUNNY {{XXX}}

and my goodness... i am POOR too... so we PO FOLKS gotta stick together!

The Roberts said...

Hey Devri. I went to go look at your hair blog, but I came to find out that I couldn't find it. Then I noticed that you went private. I was wondering if there was a way that i can still read your hair blog? I love the hair styles you do, and I love to see what you have done. Thanks!
Amanda R.

Unknown said...

I am also poor,but I love you and your blog! I look forward to it every day! You have way more commenters than me too! I hope you keep up your hair blog becaus it is my favorite of all the hair blogs!!! The best!!! Better than all the rest!!!
My hubbby works 2 jobs(one all night and one all morning) so I know how it feels to not see him a lot. I look forward to friday and sat nights because that is the only time he is home!!! And sometimes he even has to work those nights!
We have good hubbys don't we!

Anonymous said...

Great thankful list Devri! What a sweet video, I so miss that age!

Steph said...

I love you Devri. :)

Becky said...

He's crawling!!!! So cute! hang in there you two! I love ya!