Thursday, January 29, 2009

Picking MySelf Back Up!!


Lets see here,


in one week, I broke my sprained and broke my foot, Microwave broke again.


Now on Saturday, it rained and rained. The window well flooded my basement. I said how could it get worse.. well, Heavenly Father heard that...


On Tuesday night, we sat down for dinner, talking, laughing. It was loud, Aanya ran down to turn off TV for prayer, she screamed.


Mom- there is a waterfall in my room.


Me and Maka looked at each other, ran down stairs.. I looked at Maka, and I about lost it.. What?


I hobbled up the stairs to look and see where it was coming from. Yep the Toilet pipe broke. Water covered that entire floor, down the vents, and flooded the family room. Carpet, wood, toys, EVERYTHING...


Now I sat that night, curled up in a ball, crying like a baby..


I stood up and brushed my hair away from my face, looked at the ceiling, then looked at the floor.


Get up Dev, you have come so far, do not let this get you down.


I got up. I cried, I cried some more.


I know for a fact my patriarticle blessing has stated that I am a special child of God.


I will not let these trials get me down. I will fight, I will succeed.


Do you want to know what I did?


I went to a ward members house, and helped her with her flood in their home.


Why? Because Charity never fail .


Let me tell you this..


Maka got called back to work.. yay!!!


I am thankful for that, I am thankful for my husbands love towards me and my children.


He knew I am about ready to lose it, he cooked and cleaned for me tonight.


I am thankful for the little things in life. The laughs where their should be tears, the smiles instead of frowns, the love instead of hate, and the friendships instead of loneliness.


I am thankful for tax returns. We are sooooo out of money, but it is going to save our day.


I can't wait to tell you all my experiences and lessons I have learned through this round of trials.


Peace out!




And Melissa, I met your brother -in-law tonight. Wonderful man.

29 coments:

Kristen said...

So sorry so much has happened all at one time. Glad you can see the good and help others who are also going through some bad times.
My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

gigi said...

Good girl! Now go forward in faith!

Kristen said...

You are my hero! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jamie said...

What a great example you are!! I know there are times when picking my self up is the last thing I want to do. I am so glad Maka is working again.

Nicole Marie said...

Keep faith! Everything will work out.

Brittany said...

hey! so sorry about all the junk happening around ya! times like that are so hard... this has been a hard week... good thing it's almost over!

hoLLy said...

holy heck devri! what a crappy week. i'm glad you were able to pick yourself back up after all of that-you are a tough lady. i admire yoU!

Unknown said...

Yeah for tax returns is all I've gotta say too.

The Mom said...

The fact that you picked yourself up will get you through future trials. You will say, if I survived that, I can survive this! Hang in there, you are loved!

Kerri said...

I would actually still be crying. Keep positive! What can I do for you?

rachel said...

You are amazing! You can do it and the Lord will continue to bless you...and thank goodness for tax returns!!

CaryManda said...

I loved the picture. It makes me think of the 2nd coming. :) You are amazing. Yay For Maka! :)
Hold to the Rod my friend!

SuperCoolMom said...

Yep. When it rains, it pours. Heeheehee!

Yeah, I know it's not funny, I just couldn't resist! BIG Hugs! The blessings will come pouring in too.

SuperCoolMom said...

Yep. When it rains, it pours. Heeheehee!

Yeah, I know it's not funny, I just couldn't resist! BIG Hugs! The blessings will come pouring in too.

Supercool Hotmama said...

Yep. When it rains, it pours. Heeheehee!

Yeah, I know it's not funny, I just couldn't resist! BIG Hugs! The blessings will come pouring in too.

Supercool Hotmama said...

Whoops. I get too impatient. LOL!

Elizabeth said...

I'm so sorry about your house! So amazed at your charity and soooooo happy about the job!!!!

Hillary said...

Did you ever get the book I sent you? Have you read it yet? I'm just saying :) At least you can hobble upstairs and every where! I can't hobble anywhere! Hang in there. And read one chapter of the book!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, I would be crying in a fetal position tooo!!! That is so hard, I'm so sorry. Way to be so positive though, you're a strong woman! And we too, are waiting for tax return to solve all our problems...yikes!

My_Kids_Mum said...

Awwwww Dev!
I'm so sorry you had all those problems. But, you are the type of person who'll forget your own worries and go and help someone else. It helps to make you feel better, doesn't it? I'm so glad you're my friend. You're such an inspriation to me and I sure love ya!

samiam said...

Oh my I have been so out of it lately... my new job takes up my blogging time. I need to quit, oh wait but I need money too!
Sounds like you have had your hands full. A new house? Very cool. Keep your chin up, you are a great women. I will try to stop in more. =)

Jan said...

Thanks for sharing your life lesson with us today. You are such an amazing person of such strength. So admire you on that.

I hope all is well with your home and that was so nice of you to go and help others. It doesn't fail does it :)

Thinking of you... Jan

Renee said...

Yay!!! That's great news about your husband and I'm so sorry, again, about your basement. Your story takes my breath away.

Unknown said...

This is a lovely blog. So glad I dropped in. I'm now a follower :-)

Love that rainbow photo, by the way.
Anne

Melissa P said...

You are amazing. Helping someone else when your house is flooded. I am glad your husband got called back to work. I didn't realize you were moving into my sister's ward. Too bad you go to the Tongan ward.

Sue said...

Whenever this much rain comes fallin down, expect the rainbow.

I feel lots of blessings coming your way.

prayers and hugs ♥

Honey Mommy said...

We are looking forward to our tax returns too. I don't think we are getting a lot, but any little bit will help!

I hope tomorrow is a better day!

Suzanne said...

We had water problems like that earlier this year. So sorry. Hopefully insurance will help cover the costs. Honestly, it's times like this that I wish I lived next door to blogging friends so I could do something useful, like bring over a stack of double chocolate, chocolate chip cookies! Then we could eat chocolate and cry together, which is much better than crying alone without chocolate. Trust me on that one.

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

WOW, I can't believe all of this is happening at once! I am so glad to hear about your DH having his job back! And the tax refund-YAHOO! Here's hoping the sun will come out tomorrow! ♥ Hang in there!