Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Pimpin' out my hubby!!

OK not really, but I am desperate... I feel like I should do something to help out our income.. I know that my job is here at the house, taking care of our tribe, but things are tough, and have been for about 2 years...


Someone told me once, if they didn't really know me, that they would think I am lying about all my drama...


I wish I was.. We got on the crappy wagon when our Twin died.. After that their has been ups and downs..


When life is down, I just keep swimming.. I don't want to but I do.. cuz I have faith and courage.


I have a website that was suppose to launch, but I can't work on it but only at night time and I have been having some issues that makes me soooooooo tired...


my husband laughs daily.. "Is it up yet?"


He has stopped asking.. I think he is frustrated too. He should be nobody is doing concrete right now.. NOBODY... We on average can get 7 to 9 jobs weekly, and this season only 1 or two.. Not enough to pay are bills. And his night time work could very well possibly lay him off soon.




So not to be a Devri Downer, but I can't be miss happy all the time right?



Do you want to see some work that he has done...







He can even make your concrete look like wood

So since the only people who are feeling the stimulus package is the government=
call my hubby to contract for you!!!
And by the way, why have you only used 6% of the money anyways.. I thought this was a hurry hurry deal? hmmmmmmmmmm
OK, now I have to try to be thankful......
I am thankful for my baby who fell and split his eye open yesterday, that he didn't blind himself.
I am thankful that I have ice cream in my fridge, so I can go gnaw on it after this post!
I am thankful for my MOM.. she is in Hawaii, and if anyone deserves a vacay, she does!
I am thankful for such a hard working husband, and kids who still love me even if I am a grouch.
I am thankful for blooming flowers..
I am thankful that school is almost out!
Did you know their are monsters in space? Come back tomorrow to see the proof!

31 coments:

Stacie S-H said...

Oh wow. I hope things pick up for your husband and that he doesnt get laid off or anything! Scary stuff. Just keep paying your tithing and going to the temple & the Lord wont let you guys down!

gigi said...

I do need some concrete work done around here. We are accross the world from you and we are scared to spend thr money. We don't have any work at our shop right now either. Getting really scary out there.
Keep cheering us up we are all in this together. Sorry about the babies eye.

Renee said...

That concrete that looks like wood is amazing. Your hubby is really talented!

The Mom said...

I wish I had the money to hire him. We would love to increase our driveway on the side. But we are saving for a fence. Priorities!

Family said...

You know I would hire him in a heart beat.. IF... YOU LIVED CLOSER!!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful work. I wish I lived in Utah and needed some concrete work done?

Will he come to TN? :)

Misty said...

he does beautiful work! i hope that more work comes his way. we are having the same problem here.. i think a TON of people are. our business is all but finished and my hubbie had to take a 'normal job' with a lot less pay. but i am thankful that we have a roof over our heads and food (and i am also thankful that we have ice cream in the freezer :)... hmmm.. i might have some for breakfast LOL! lots of prayers your way!

Jan said...

He is so talented. I love his work. I am so sorry about all the worry. It is not a great time right now. We are on the same edge constantly.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Devri, I wish I had a house!! I would hire your hubby on the SPOT!!! We too have been having scary financial troubles but like it's been said, pay tithing, go to the temple, you guys ROCK!!! The Lord will bless you because you are his treasure. :)

tiki_lady said...

Devri, i feel for you and sooo understand! I too have faith and have learned that I must endure. I am not sure how long I can endure.

This has been really trying not of our faith but more of hope. I know the economy will turn around but I wonder how far out of a hole i have to dig out of when it does.
The concrete work is beautiful!! I am amazed by the look of the wood.
My entire back yard would be concrete if I had my way.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

K... that sucks bad.. I'm sorry. He does AMAZING work though and I'll keep my eyes and ears open for ya!

I think a lot of people are feeling the crap load with the economy!

Aquaspce said...

Hey sistah! I'm with you on that- and the concrete work looks amazing!!

mCat said...

WOW - nice work! Wishing I needed some now, or knew of him when our basketball pad was poured. AWFUL!!!!

Brooke said...

That is some beautiful work he does! The wood concrete is just amazing!
Things are very scary in this world. We just got word that they are laying people off at my husbands job! We are just praying hard!
Keepin you and your beautiful family in my prayers!

Cheryl Anne said...

I know how you feel. It can be frustrating. My business is slow, not much of any online orders. I just try to be thankful that we have survived this long. Logically it doesn't add up, but the Lord is in charge and somehow, we are still ok. Hang in there.

Ane said...

We are in the same boat, so I truly know how you feel! I will put out word for your fam...if I know of anyone who needs work done! Take care, we will keep you in our prayers! Hope to meet you all soon! Flag day is coming up soon! Hugs..

Ane said...

Hope baby feels better soon! Ofa ATu!

Kristina P. said...

Oh, Devri, I am so sorry. I really, really hope things pick up soon.

Steph said...

I wish we were in the market for concrete! If we ever are, I will definitely contact you!
Luvs...things will look up soon...they always do right?

Jess the photographer behind the lens at JWilsonPix said...

Hey lady.... sorry things are so hard.... we feel your pain... after 16 years doing swimming pools my hubby had to find a different field of work. Here in AZ you'd think that things are picking up maybe... not so... everything construction is bad.

We went from 60,000 in 2007 to almost 25,000 for 2008 and it will be even less than that for 2009. Which is the main reason we lost our house, and our truck, and are now living ft in our RV..... with an older car that could bust any minute!!!

But we press on... we have to have faith... and in the end... nothing else matters but our family, and the Saviour.

If you feel better tomorrow.... maybe turn it back and ask your hubby..."Is it up yet?".... encourage him when he is down so that he will get back into the saddle and make it through...

Many hugs and prayers your way... if we can pull through all we have pulled through... I know without a doubt you can and will too so just hang in there.

shauna said...

He seems to be a man of many talents. You be his up when he is down and he will be yours. Hang in there.

Erin said...

His work is amazing! I'm sorry for all of the frustrations right now...

hoLLy said...

wow, he is amazing! that is some awesome work he has done!

i hope things turn around for you guys soon-thinking about you and sending prayers your way.

and i'm thankful for the icecream i'm about to eat too-i just bought some good ole rocky road. yumsters.

Tara D. said...

He does some excellent work!!! I hope things go better for ya. And sorry about the baby and his eye. I hope his ouchie heals real soon! Love ya!!! btw, I'm having my 200th post giveaway. Go check it out!!!!!!!!!!!

Mia said...

That concrete work is absolutely stunning! If I needed something done, and I could afford it, and we weren't half way across the nation I would totally call Maka :)

Unknown said...

You seriously have gorgeous children. But, I bet I'm not telling you something you already know. Now, you know I think so, too!

Thanks for following Anniethology.

rachel said...

Sorry things are tough Devri!! We are struggling so much and I have wondered too if I need to go do something, but I know I need to stay home with these precious kiddos- you are a great mom! And hey, your hubby does some fabulous work :) I wish you all the best!

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums said...

Hope it all gets better for you. Glad you have the icecream to turn to. That's what I would do!

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Do you still make tutu's and hair things? I have a friend looking for a tutu!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Devri, I am thankful for you! Your upbeat attitude is truly an inspiration to me. Hang in there, girly!

I hope baby's eye is better. I am sending you warm hugs and lots of prayers, my sweet friend.

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

By the way! Your husband's work looks fantastic!