Thursday, July 23, 2009

MRI RESULTS ARE IN! - cuz I know you care! wink wink!

Went to go get the results from the MRI today, I about died when he came in opened up the MRI folder and his jaw dropped!!!

He asked "now, how did you do this again?"
I knew it wasn't sounding good, but he proceeded to read the MRI , I chuckled through the whole thing, 3 paragraphs worth. When he was finished he asked me if I understood,

I said yup, lets just cut the whole thing off! lol

so this is what it said in Devri style.....

fracture in the 5th metatarsal

fracture in the 2nd metatarsal

2 fractures in the 3rd metatarsal

3 fractures in the Cuboid..

Did you count... 7 fractures in my foot!!!

See, I am not a whimp!

I really am hurt~ lol

The Doc said that the Cuboid is very rare to be broken, but I told him that is where I hit on impact..

So that dumb Cuboid is the trouble maker, he will be the one to maybe get surgery on in 8 weeks..

Did you count them 7... but then he went on to say, out of all those, none are not out of placement, so

you get to decide what to do....

Me being a brave strong girl, called my hubby to make the choice...

The Doc said...

You can either let me put a screw in the big square bone to hold together the 3 fractures, it will heal quicker, but the pain will be more..

Or

You can cast it, do not put pressure on it for 8 weeks, come back and see if it healed,

if not, then do surgery... ugh~ hopping for 8 weeks on crutches! Poop~

my hubby chose the casting and waiting... So

we wait...




But I got rid of the heavy boot, and now I will be styling in this...



it is flourecent orange dumb cell phone camera doesn't do it justice!!!!! lol

You like the color?... thought it was fitting for the summer time!!!!


Or I just want lots of attention... probably both...

Have a great weekend

35 coments:

Kristina P. said...

Oh, I am so sorry! But it is very stylish!

Kerri said...

Great color chioce! What a bad break. Or should I say breaks?

Jamie said...

Look if you have to wear one, I say do it with style!! I had surgery and two pins in my arm a few years ago and dang if I didn't hate that cast. I am feelin for you right now....

Hillary said...

get a good sturdy chair for the chower, lots of garbage bags... and powder. don't worry about the hair growth. it's fun to gross your family ou with it :)

hang in there! have you contacted the pool yet??? you better or i'll do it for you!!!

Karyn said...

Well ok then.....sounds like a great plan to me :) I love the cast color.....my dr. didn't have orange....only pink and purple and some little girl used up all the pink on her broken arm....so stinky purple it was LOL. I am so glad to hear you sounding more like the Devri we all know and love :)

You live by my motto woman...."Go Big or Go Home."

Continuing to pray and sending hugs :)

Mia said...

We will keep our fingers crossed for no surgery!

sues2u2 said...

This might be my first or second time to comment but OUCH! I feel so bad for you! Let's hope that the bones knit themselves together the right way ASAP!

Kristen said...

Oh my goodness, Devri! When you do something, you really DO it right! Hope you start feeling better soon and we'll cross our fingers that there is no surgery involved.

Family said...

I am glad I talked you into that color! You look great! NO NO NO surgerY!

mCat said...

BUMMER!! But maybe getting some awesome meals from the ward outta this?

hoLLy said...

dang woman! i'm so sorry:( at least the cast is cute? :)

gigi said...

Awe, girlfriend, when you do something good you put your whole heart and foot into it! Dang good job you did there. Love the orange isn't that the new black?
You take care of you, please.

tiki_lady said...

8wks!! i couldn't do it, i would have to opt for more pain and 3 wks. pain meds are good right! I'm pretty good being comfortably numb!

Cynthia said...

You know, I'm just not that surprised it's BIG. YOU don't do things halfway. Nope. With you it's "go big or go home". OUCH!

Good luck getting through the upcoming weeks. While I don't wish it on you, it's still gonna be fun to read about your misadventures here! LOL!

Jillene said...

Oh my goodness!! I hope that it heals and no surgery is necessary!!

And I LOVE the cast!! Orange is one my most fav colors!!

Renee said...

Orange is the "it" color this season, Devri, and you're nothing if not stylin'!:)

So sorry to hear about your foot. It's unbelievable that a waterslide could do this much damage. Scary! I hope this casting works, as miserable as it is, and you don't have to have surgery.

Burrups said...

I hope your foot gets better soon.! That is such a bummer but the color is great!!

Brittany said...

i'm sorry girl!

shauna said...

I hope you have a pretty Sunday dress to match--even though you will have to wear the same dress for 2,098 Sundays!

Wow. All that from trying to cool off in a pool! Take care.

Liz said...

I am so sorry! I hope that all is well I love the color of the cast!! I hope it heals

samiam said...

Wear it proud sister!
You are one hot mama with that bright thing. Sorry, hope you feel better.

Ane said...

Poor sistah...I am glad it might be easier to use...heal well and come visit sometime when you are better!
I love your good attitude through all the stress...;)

Kristie said...

Get those Tissue Salts (BIOPLASMA!) they will help it heal- promise! Have you contacted the pool about this yet? Love the color of the cast, your dainty little foot is overwhelmed!

tammy said...

Dang. But what a great boot color. I broke my toe about 9 months ago and never got it looked at. Now I can't bend my toe. Hmm...wonder if that will be a problem?

Hope it heals quickly and you get lots of people waiting on you.

Oh yeah, and those tissue salts are really good!

Melissa P said...

Wow!That is not sounding fun. At least you can walk on it with the cast though right? Good luck.

Unknown said...

So what you are saying is, you have a hurt foot? Good thing is does not effect the blogging. Can you imagine?

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Devri, Oh my GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!! That is so awful, you poor girl! But I know you'll go out and buy tons of neon clothing to match your totally wicked new cast! :)

Tara D. said...

SEVEN?!? Omgosh, that's terrible. I sure hope the cast and waiting works. Surgery will not be fun, I'll be crossing my fingers and hoping for the best outcome. Good luck!!! Take care of that fractured foot of yours.

Suzanne said...

I have been so out of the blogging world lately. All this was news to me. Hope it heals well without the surgery. Personally, I love the color orange.

PS - You deserve lots of attention with 7 broken bones!

Jen Sue Wild said...

girl you really did a number on your foot.
I hope you feel better soon..
Love the color..

Kaci said...

Ooooo can I sign it pleeeease!! :) Neon orange is totally the way to go! ROCK ON!

Sucks about 8 weeks though! Happy healing.

Lillian J. Banks said...

Devri!!! AH! I am sending you healing love, girl! I haven't been here for a while and now this?? *hugs* At least you don't need your foot to blog. Hang in there- and the blog looks great!

Honey Mommy said...

Awesome cast! I've never had one, and I hope I never do!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Devri!! Oh my goodness! You poor girl! I'm so sorry about your foot! I hope it heals quickly for you, my sweet friend!

Colette S said...

Oh dear!!!

Ok do the 8 weeks. You got great kids and hubs. Take the vacation...get a bull horn :)

I really hope it sets.