Thursday, March 25, 2010

Mice are lonely!!


I thought it would never happen to me, I am too clean, I keep my house neat, and no way in the world would I ever get mice in my house.

Dang I was wrong.

I was cleaning out my garage and about puked. Mice poop. I about freaked and hurried to grab the cell phone and dialed my husband. Told him to grab everything he knew and bring home something to kill dose varmints!!

We set traps everywhere, inside outside. Me and the kids were afraid to walk, to talk, to sleep in this infested house. FYI- I was really brave around them, it was when I was alone that I would freak! lol

Then that night, we went into the garage to see if we caught something, and my daughter came back in screaming.. "I heard something in the garage". We all hurried and ran out there of course, We all had to see, I assume it was like a car wreck," you don't like what your going to see, but you have to look" type of thing.

And there it was.



A disgusting but in the grossest way kind of cute thing, trapped on sticky paper that had cheese on it.

We didn't want to pick it up, and we didn't know how to kill it, my husband was out there debating with a saw in his hand with Elaiasi on how to saw that mouse. Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I had to go pick up Aanya from Gymnastics and had gotten Elaiasi out of the car, turned back to the car to get some stuff out. I shut the door, and found that little boy with the saw in his hand... "Son- what are you doing?" Elaiasi-"Going to kill da mouse mom".. OH I about wanted to kill his dad at that point!!!!!

I talked him in the house, the kids kept going into the garage, and I finally told them that if they breathed the same air as the mouse, that they would get rabies and die of a bloody mess.. They scurried back in the house.

About a hour later....

Me- Maka where is Elaiasi?

Maka- I don't know?

Me- Better go check the garage.

I ran out there thinking he was sawing that almost poor mouses head off, but this is what I found.













Lol I asked him what he was doing.

He told me that the mouse was LONELY!!!!

So we now have ridden of the mouse problem, and we have one less Zhu Zhu pet!



Best of both worlds

11 coments:

hoLLy said...

gross! we had the same thing happen last year in our garage. a mama had babies because there were several we had to kill. it creeped me out-i'm like you, i keep a very clean house and this just really bugged me. so icky. but they are gone now. phew.

Unknown said...

So the trick is to put cheese on the traps??!! Imagine my disgust when I found one in my house. I put out sticky traps and poison and wouldn't you know that little sh&^ ran around them right in front of me. I am placing cheese as soon as I post this. Your pain is my pain...Tara.

F-A-N-G-U-P-O said...

Ewwwww..... I hate mice! We used to have them all the time when we still lived @ home...since they live in the country....I'm glad I haven't seen one around in a while! Glad you caught your little rodent! Your son is too cute!

tiki_lady said...

awe, I think that is so cute. He didn't want it to be lonely! OK, my heart would melt and I would have to set that rodent free. It's only trying to get food or stay warm. Yeah, yeah. I HATE THOSE THINGS, but really I'm just afraid of them. I'd rather see them with their heads squashed in a trap or leave them d-con so they search for water and die somewhere else. I know, WEIRD! we moved into our current house and the previous owner had left hay in the garage for the horses. That hay brought in mice or mouse droppings all over the garage. I was disgusted. Then I saw it in the basement and droppings in the kitchen and in some of the closets! I was FREAKING out! I would not let any of our things come into the house until I thoroughly cleaned it, sanitized it and then put down contact paper on all shelving. For the past 2 1/2 wks, I have been searching for mouse droppings all over the kitchen and house.
NO SIGNS of it, anywhere! I however am keeping anything opened in air tight containers or in the fridge because I don't trust it yet. The first thing we did was get the hay out of the garage! It seemed to get rid of the issues.

Renee said...

So funny and sweet!

I'm freaked out by mice, rabbits, moles, hamsters, anything really that looks somewhat ratlike, so I feel your pain. But, at least you got it.

We've not had a mouse so far, BUT in our last house we had bats in our side porch ceiling. GROSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

LOL that is so cute!

Yea when we lived up North we had a huge field mouse problem... it sucked.

Tara D. said...

Poor little mouse. :( I remember when I had to help my aunt set up traps around her house- I hated having to do it. As icky as they are to have in the house, I do feel guilty having to kill them. At least we used the traps that killed them instantly. I couldn't ever do the sticky paper, I think it's torture for them and sometimes they can rip their skin off trying to get loose. :(

Cheeseboy said...

You can get rabies from breathing the same air as a mouse?! HA HA!

Sue said...

I can't stand mice either..We get them too. They don't like peppermint. so if you put cottonballs with soaked in peppermint oil around the floor boards, that works.

American Homemaker said...

We have mice everywhere :(

Unknown said...

That's cute. Sticky paper works but is messy. You might want to use an electric mouse trap since it's more humane and kills the mouse instantly. Traps, like Multi-Kill, are also safe for kids and pets since they are disabled if open.