Sunday, April 4, 2010

My heart is full this day!

I usually post my kids and the Easter Baskets and loot they got, but I chose not to do it today. my heart is full thinking of my brother, my friend and my Savior!!

This man went through too much for me, and to think about it chokes me up. How can this man do that for me? Because he has the most unconditional love for ALL of US!


Then the Lord took Peter, James, and John, and other brethren and went deeper in to the Garden of Gethsemane, they felt a most emotional sorrow. He told them to wait and pray.


As he went farther by himself, fell on his face and prayed."“Abba, Father, all things [are] possible unto thee; take away this cup from me: nevertheless not what I will, but what thou wilt” (Mark 14:36).

Our brother stayed alone for that hour endured the most horrific pain, so much pain that blood out through his pores came out. Not only was it just physical pain, but emotional, and great darkness. For almost 4 hours he went through this deep sorrow and pain, so much that it brought him almost to death.

I cannot think of the experiences of my brother and not feel sadness and shame. And when it was finished he proclaimed..

“How sore you know not, how exquisite you know not, yea, how hard to bear you know not.

“For behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent. …

“Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit—and would that I might not drink the bitter cup, and shrink—

“Nevertheless, glory be to the Father, and I partook and finished my preparations unto the children of men” (D&C 19:15–19


Because he loves us.

His blood, his pain, his sorrow was not in vain, he did it so that we can live again with our Father in Heaven. And the only thing he asked in return is to love him, to serve him, to commit to him, and to follow him with all our heart, might, and strength.

Imagine, our loving and kind Heavenly Father must have cried for his son,imagine the great gratitude of the Father for His Son’s willingness to give Himself for all of the Father’s children. The Father could have sent multitudes of the hosts of heaven to rescue His Son from that awful situation. But our Father must have closed His eyes in those final moments in order that you and I and other sons and daughters could have hope.

Jesus was betrayed and judged. He was stripped of his clothing, tied up and received countless lashings, with a whip that had pieces of iron at intervals.

They put a thorny crown on top of his head, one that would be repeatedly pressed down upon, and even people would hit it on top of his head. I could never imagine the pain our brother went through.

He was offered as a sacrifice placed on a cross with nails in his hands and feet.

The Lord said: “To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world” (John 18:37).

This man in the most horrible agony, still did not thing of himself as he whispered to our God "Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do" (Luke 23:34).



After he passed away, the ground shook and the earth was unstable. They wrapped him in cloth, and placed him in a cave, where his body stayed for 3 days. When the worker went to check on him on the 3rd day, his body was not there. He had Risen. Our lord our savior had risen!

Today is the day we remember what our savior did for us, what the plan is, and renew our commitment unto him. He will return with honor, with glory, and when he does lets all be ready!

My Savior Has Risen!

May we strive to be the best we can be, may we love like our Savior and God does, may we forgive, and serve, may we remember and never forget.

I love this church, I know that with out a shadow of a doubt, the Savior lived and died for us all, so that if we do what we are suppose to with all our hearts, we can live with them again.

Families are eternal, please my friends, those who have lost a loved one, never say goodbye, you will return with them again, it is the plan, they have done their part, now lets do ours.

Love, live and learn, and live life to its fullness, stand up for what you believe in no matter the the circumstance.

Have a wonderful Sabbath day, learn and listen and gain council from the prophet Thomas S. Monson, and other General authorities. Have a wonderful Easter day with the people you love, and lets end this day never forgetting and moving forward!!!!

Ofa lahi atu!

6 coments:

Unknown said...

I love you.

Nora said...

That made me very emotional... Thank you Devri.
I apprieciate your testimony, and how you put everything into perspective.. x x

Kristina P. said...

Lovely, Devri! Happy Easter!

Jamie said...

Thank you for your Testimony!!!!

hoLLy said...

oh what a beautiful post devri-thank you for sharing your testimony of our Savior!

mCat said...

Great, heart felt post!

A day late, but Happy Easter