Monday, March 17, 2008

Monkeys or Children??


You decide!!! Have you ever had a day where everything seems backwards and up side down. Well that was yesterday. Our church normally is a 1pm, but yesterday for reasons was at 9am.

Now can you imagine getting up, getting 6 kids dressed, 6 kids, hair done, (and let me tell you that hair at our house is a chore in itself), me, and Maka ready by 8;15 so we can be out the door by 8:30. They were so tired during Sacrament Meeting that my tribe was acting like they never attended church before, and didn't know how to act and be reverent. We don't bring snacks, books, toys, etc, for our children, (if you do, that's totally fine,) but I just don't so they will know when they are young, that when they are at church or Sacrament, just sit and listen. Some days is harder than others, but it works. Well, let me tell you, I wish I had all of that and more yesterday at church.


That wasn't the end of it, when we came home, we still had 8 hours left of no TV, no games, no nothing. I do not mind this, but yesterday was not a normal day by far. In fact, called my relief Society president and was conversing with her, who has 12, yes count 12 children. And I guess I wasn't the only one having a upside down day, cuz she said, Devri sorry for the TV in the background, I have had it. All day long, no sleeping, just fighting, crying, whining, and don't forget the mess making.


I don't want to be understood, I love the gospel, love my ward, love my children, but I have to be honest, when I went to tuck my children into bed last night, it sure felt nice to know that the day was over, and when I went to check on them all when they were asleep, I felt horrible that I kept saying I can't wait for 8 'o clock.. We really had some good moments yesterday, I was just out of my routine, so I was like my children, and throwing my fits... I love my family, and would never change anything about it, or them. Ofa Lahi Atu

4 coments:

Brenda said...

And you're asking me if I'm ready for another? Ummm....no. I've always said you're super woman! I only have 3 and I do bring snacks (but just for Abby) and the boys have church bags with church puzzles to do during sacrament. I'm not that brave!

Mrs. Morty said...

It must have been a crazy Sunday for everyone. My primary class of 3 boys were so nuts I left feeling like they had only learned that Ammon was a fighting missionary who cut of arms and how to jump off your chair. Some days you just want to throw in the towel.

Kristen said...

So nice to "hear" from you and to see pictures of your beautiful family. Chelsea talks of you often and I am always in awe of all that you do. I only have 4 girls and most of the time feel completely at a loss. Congratulations on getting a boy this time around!

Kristie said...

I can totally identify! I found some helps in an old Ensign article, it only goes so far with little ones though... Assign each Sunday a topic, we have P.I.E. Sunday (This is always fast Sunday, it's the day dad takes the time to do a PersonalPriesthood Interview Expeirience with each child and we break the fast with Pie - then have dinner), Missionary Sunday (Write letters - draw pictures to a missionary serving from the ward), Family history Sunday (also a family writing/ calling day for the little ones), Faith in God Sunday -etc... I cheat with Vegie Tale movies on the Sabbath as well, we just try to discuss the moral in them so it's not just mindless viewing.