Friday, April 25, 2008

Aracnaphobia!!!!



I Hate spiders, and so does my kids. I have to be brave for them, I will kill the little ones with my shoes, and even now I have convinced Aanya my oldest that the ones that can climb are ok, but my others are petrified of them, soooo bad that Lavi who is 5, is afraid to sleep even remotely close to the side of the bed where the wall is... I just tell her that don't worry the only ones you can be afraid of is the black widow, and wolf spider, and of course the tarantulas and the spiders in Tonga,( because they are HUGE). Aanya came out from the garage in tears last night, I had asked what happened, and why do you still have the sack of garbage in your hands? She started to cry again, and said "there is a black widow in the garage." My husband being the tender hearted man that he is, just told her,"go and take the trash out, your stinking up the house... But to no surprise, she just sat there as if she did not hear him. I stepped in, like I NEVER do, and told her just to put it next to the car, and daddy would go kill it... After scriptures, afraid that by the time dad got to killing it, it would be who knows where and I wasn't ok with that.

I went out there, and about had a heart attack, that thing was Huge. I ran the other way as fast as I could. Of course all the kids as I opened the door, shouted "is it dead?" I bravely said,"yes" and sneakily ran to Maka for backup help. As he saw the look on my face I said, We need to call someone, and take care of this fast. He picked up his work bag, and walked out the garage, kicking his foot, and the nasty thing fell to the ground, and then squished it. Now I remember telling my Lavi that you can only be afraid if you ever see a black widow, great Dev, how are you going to get this one to sleep now.!!!



On another note today, Elaisi has figured out how to take off his diaper, and kept doing it all day, at lunch time, I started smelling something OFF, and looked down at Elaiasi and about had another heart attack, there he was naked again, only this time it wasn't funny, he had poop all over him, but thank goodness it was not on or near his mouth, I think I would have thrown up... All my children have had situations similar to this one, so after the 6Th one doing it, I would be used to it,,,WRONG.... p.s. The poop in the photo is of chocolate, what where you thinking?

7 coments:

Mia said...

I was thinking that picture was going to make me sick!!! I am only a little better off knowing that it is chocolate. Sorry about the spiders. They scare me too, but I am as brave as I can possibly be for my kids. Unfortunately my husband doesn't like them much either.

Family said...

You are one sick lady... Thanks for the nasty visual. Spiders are DISGUSTING!!! You are such a girl. You just have to do what I do... grab any can of spray (doesn't mater what it is as long as it will shoot from 5 feet away.) And drench it until it is sufficating in whatever it is you choose to shoot.

Becky said...

oh my Ew! sicky!

Brenda said...

Trevor is scared of spiders too. They don't bother me too much. But don't get me started on mice.

Unknown said...

Devri- your posts are always so entertaining. Thanks for the lovely fake poo. As if I dont see enough of that already everyday. I have nightmares about giant spiders. That would be enough to drive me right out of my homeland. My brother served his mission in Australia and they kept a certain breed of spider that was as big as their head (non-venonous apparently, but who cares if it will scare you to death to look at it)as a "house-pet" to kill all the other deadly spiders that were around. Ick. Is anyone else suddenly itching?

Renee said...

There's a new show on the Discovery Channel about real life exterminators. So, last night they dealt with a roach infestation, hundreds of bed bugs, black widows and rats.

But I'll tell you what, nothing made me feel as sick as your picture of poo. You're a funny girl.

Emma said...

your spider story was great i mena i hate them and all but they are interesting, i have never seen a spider that big, do they ust walk around like that?? you have such cute children by the way
emma