Sunday, April 13, 2008

Jaundice







The day we came home from the hospital they delivered a phototherapy blanket, they are nice, you put it on them and dress them, you can hold them, and do whatever. the next day, the called and said they brang me the wrong kind. I was pretty upset, the bed, you have to leave them on there, unless they are eating, and you are not suppose to have a blanket on them but as you can see I have one acting like a belt, because it makes him feel alittle more secure. And for all of those who don't know me, I am anti-Binky..... but I give it to him, because I feel so badly for him....Yesterday the levels went up 5 points. So Today they will decide whether he needs to be in the hospital or not. I am so sad about that. They would do a blood transfusion, and that makes me so scared. But his eyes are looking so horrible, I now want them to put him in the hospital because I don't want anything to happen to him.... I love him so much already, and my family does too I would never forgive myself, if I put my selfishness before his health, meaning--I want to be able to hold him all the time, I want to bond with him, nurse him whenever, and just put my worries before him, but I know If he goes, it will be for the best. And I will live there with him, to feed,( because I am way to full, I feel like I am getting Mastitis,(yea can't spell it). Anyway I will post the journey..... later... My friend also had her baby the day after mine, and he was early, he is in the hospital, and not eating well, pray for hers and mine...... love ya all

8 coments:

Brenda said...

What is up? Too many babies in the hospital! My friend with the heart baby, Cheryl, and another friend who got back Thursday night from China where they adopted a baby boy. He'll have open heart surgery tomorrow after crashing this morning. Give your sweet one kisses and we'll keep saying the prayers!

Cheryl Anne said...

you're in my prayers too Devri... I'm praying alot anyway, I'm happy to think about someone else in the mix. I'm sure they will be well soon.

Family said...

My baby is the bionic baby of blue lights. I am do sorry that you are dealing with this. I will keep him in my prayers and as Jasea says... Baby NONO please get better. XOXOX

Kristen said...

Hope all goes well. I've been down that road and, quite honestly the nurses were fabulous and so very helpful. I never felt too badly when I had to leave the hospital and go home to my girls for a little while. We had one nurse in particular that just cared for Austin as if he were her own. They are in that profession because they love children and want to help them and their families. I'm sure he will be well cared for and well loved and home soon. Don't forget to take care of you!

Jessie said...

Hi there! I'm one of Chelsea's friends. I think you have one of the cutest families I've ever seen! I'm so sorry about your baby's jaundice. I will definitely remember you in my prayers!

Mia said...

I will add my prayers to the others. I hope that he starts to get better and that the lights can help him.

Unknown said...

Oh sad! My little girl had to be in one of those beds around the clock for three days and it was torture! I hated to see her in there all cold and with patches on her eyes! I am sure everythign will be ok. I bet your kids are so happy to have another little one to poke at! Take care!

Becky said...

Hang in there, gal!!! Mastitis on top of that....yikes! I'm sure you know how to get rid of it, but I just had it and if you need pointers, let me know!! :( Give your little one sweet kisses from all these folks who love him and are praying for him!