Tuesday, April 22, 2008

ways to tell that you are sleep deprived


1. You get up in the middle of the night to make your 1 year old a sippy cup, and get out the milk, pour the milk, then realize that you poured it on the floor instead of the cup...

2. You go to put on your child's pants, and come to find out WAY LATER that he is wearing his baby brothers pants.

3. You forget a child at gymnastics

4. You are re posting an ad for your husband's business,and type Qaulity instead of Quality.. you wants to do business with someone who can't spell??

5. You are nursing your baby, fall asleep and the baby rolls to the couch, ( and yes he is OK).

6. You cook dinner, clean and do dishes, pour liquid soap into the dishwasher instead of the cascade...

7. EVERYTHING makes you cry...

8. You have become the person who you never said you'd be.

9. You fall asleep at the stop light... thank goodness for MEAN drivers :{

10. When you get a chance to sleep you don't cuz your addicted to your blog..




In the middle of the night Eli woke up and wanted to get into my bed. I refused until I couldn't take the crying any longer. As I was nursing the baby, I heard a noise, I knew if I looked over he'd be up all night long, so I ignored it, heard it again. I turned to see what on earth he was doing, it was the funniest thing, he had the corner of the pillow in his mouth pretending to nurse like his baby brother. If I wasn't tied down I would have got a great photo.

7 coments:

Mia said...

Get some sleep! I remember the sleep deprivation of having a newborn. I am really bad a being tired so I know how you feel. Catch a nap whenever you can (but probably not at stop lights). Let your friends take you kids when you need a break. And rest assured that this will all get better.

Kristie said...

Having teens in the house for these last two babies has shown me wisdom in raising babysitters first. I know it may not make sence to you, but it works great for me:-)

Renee said...

Oh my goodness, I have so been there! 13 years of sleep deprivation has made me into the nervous wreck I am today!!!

Hey, I would LOVE some Tongan recipes. I grew up with a lot of Samoan friends and enjoy island food very much. So, while you're not nursing, cleaning, sleeping, changing diapers, etc... post a recipe or two!

ps. The music is so soothing on your blog. It makes me feel like I'm on a beach somewhere and not here at the computer with my rear falling asleep.

Cheryl Anne said...

I'm feeling your pain Devri!!! My biggest fear is forgetting the baby somewhere... so far so good on that count. :)

Brenda said...

Go to bed early dear!

Mrs. Morty said...

Is that your child asleep on the shelf!?! That is hilarious!!

Anonymous said...

OK no one noticed that cousin Tagen was on this blog with Elias.... He is way to cute!