Thursday, June 19, 2008

Someone Smack me....PLEASE


Yesterday morning, I was driving back from taking Aanya to her gymnastics, I was listening to their favorite music station (Radio Disney), when I overheard them talk about them being live at a certain water park, again I heard them say, at 2pm they were giving out 100 free tickets for the day...

So guess what got up my ___? Husband was working, and me being the low and cheap person that I am, grabbed the kiddos, and headed out the door to see if we could make it in time.

Well me being the sneaky cheat that I am, had a friend get there before me and grab 8and then I grabbed 8 also. Yes, oh yes we got into this certain water park for FREE!!! Now you ask, has she went off the deep end or what. Well the answer is NO, not yet, just listen will ya!!

There we were having a grand ol' time, I got the idea, since we have so many extra tickets lets call someone to see if they would like to join us. The only person who I thought of was our Relief Society President, guess how many kids she has--not 7, not 9, not 11, but 12 kids all by herself..

OK this is where you can get a 2 by 4 and start smacking every end I have, my friend had to go somewhere, so I babysat for almost a hour and a half at the water park. I had a 10 year old, 2 that were nine, one 8, one 7, one 6, two that were 5, two that were 4, two that were 1 and a half, one that was one year old, and my baby.. Guess how many out of the 13 knew how to swim, ONE of them... By the time she got back I thought I was going to have a nervous break down, but as soon as I thought I was going to loose it, she showed up again. funny thing is that she actually thought I could handle all that, guess I really have gone off the deep end,,,, UMMMM- someone jump in and save me PLEASE? (Wont be doin' that again ANY TIME SOON!!!!!!)

9 coments:

Kristen said...

Oh my gosh! Have you lost your mind?! I'm so glad all went well and you are truly amazing. I won't even take my 4 kids to a water park by myself and 3 of them know how to swim!

Holly H. said...

Yeah you're insane girl!

Becky said...

I am so laughing out loud. No, you haven't lost it, it's just your brain didn't move ahead before all that happened to see what the picture would be. It's the stinkin loss of brain cells. And you have more kids then me...more brain cells gone. (Tho, I don't think I can afford to lose any more! You're doing great compared to me!)

tiki_lady said...

rofl, this is something I would do! LOL, and then demand my children help me out. CUH RAZY! Glad you all survived. Now you need a vacation.

Amy said...

Sister... I feel your pain. Two weeks ago I had 11 kids in my house. I am a little high strung anyway... I feel your pain.

Cheryl Anne said...

yikes!! We have 12 cousins under 9 that get together all the time, but I would never consider watching them all myself in a public place. You are a brave woman!

Family said...

I still can't figure out why my friends comment on your blog but not mine.

Unknown said...

I think that they have left you in the nursery just a little too long. You are losing it.

Mia said...

I was on my week long computer hiatus or I would have told you sooner that you are crazy girl!!! Actually I think you are a funny and brave :)