Wednesday, July 30, 2008

HAIR IT IS-


We have a lot of hair in this house. So much that every time my husband goes to clean out our vacuum, he huffs and puffs about how much hair is in the roller. I love spending time with my children doing there hair everyday, and if you are one of the lucky ones to spend the day with us, know that I will be late, because I will be doing hair FOREVVA-


I have been in a brain fart lately, I have been doing the same styles of hair on my girl's hair for about a season now, I use to come up with lots of new ways to do hair, but after Mohekonokono joined our family, I just don't have the will to come up with new stuff.


So this post is dedicated to all my friends and family who have girls, sorry Holly, Misty and Brittany, but maybe down the road, when you have your own volleyball team full of girls, look back on this post and get your eye candy here.


I was searching one night for ideas for a new template, stumbled on this site, called shedoeshair, I was intrigued. I was there for about an hour just drooling. They come up with hair styles, so you don't have to. A lot of them I have done before, but a few I haven't. Then I found out through her link that their is a lot more people who design hair for all us.


Take a look down my sidebar, look, look and look some more, I have a hard time doing some of them cuz my daughters hair is too long, but their is also a site that does long hair too. Yes, go now, and then join me in HEAVEN!!!!!!


Ps, we have had 2 little darlings stay with us for the week, they are my husbands cousins, one is 9 and the other is 12. I got to play with their hair the other night, seriously, this girl has way too much hair, It makes my children's hair look to little and thin. It took 2 hours to do this, because her hair is so thick, and frizzy. I love it though, she has slept on it for 2 days now so it is a little messy, but I lovvvee it non the less!!!!!


My grandmother has passed away, so I will be leaving you all for the rest of the week, I will try while I am down there to post the winner for the survival giveaway contest. If not I will do it first thing Monday morning, if I don't get the chance, I hope you will understand, don't matter anyway, like anyone cares about this little ol' blog....







please excuse the mess in the background. Doesn't it seem when ever you go anywhere you house becomes a disaster zone. ok, mine does anyway...

21 coments:

Misty said...

Thanks for your warnings and apologies that I will most likely never have a girl, especially if I follow the family trend. However, I do get to try new stuff on my neice's hair from time to time, but these hairstyles put my poor attempt to shame. Great job! Can you try a little harder not to make me look bad. By the way, I am sorry to hear about the passing of your grandmother.

Brittany said...

Sorry about your Gma... that is always hard. And I'm a hairdresser by trade, so even though I don't have girls- yet- I still LOVE to see and hear about anything new and fresh. Talk to you soon-

Brenda said...

Sorry about your Grandma. But thanks for the hair tips. I'm in love with Curls and Cowlicks. She has a baby with short hair like my Abby. We're not up to the advanced stages of long hair...yet!

tiki_lady said...

Both hairstyles are beautiful, I love the top one. However did you do that?? I am really sorry about your Gma! It will be a sad sad day when I get the call about mine.

Brittany! You are a hairdresser? You need to grab a friend or anyone of the young women and show me some more hair designs! I love this. This is the first time that I feel a twinge of remorse cutting 8 inches off my hair, and my daughter Sweetheart cut 10 inches to donate to Locks of love. Oh well, it will grow back.

tiki_lady said...

sorry, Devri. I seemed to have hijacked your post! Do you have to travel far? I hope to read a post about how wonderful your grandmother was!

Devri said...

Mothergoose, it's all good, at least you are in it for others, I was just going to post and tell Brittany to do my hair.. It's always about me.. me.. and sometimes my friends, but mostly me... :(

Holly H. said...

So sorry to hear about your grandma! The hair styles are darling! Too bad I'll never get to try them out. Loved the post though and I hope all goes as well as possible at the funeral.

samiam said...

You better be good you have a whole lotta hair to practice on! Just kidding. Love what you did.
Sorry about your Grandmother, you do what you need to do. Don't worry about us, even though I will miss your insite and humor!

tiki_lady said...

OK, dangit here I go again! I have been seeing this poster
samiam
post to your blog a few times. For the life of me I couldn't figure out her name. I was thinking hindu, indian, somethin' or WORSE yet, saimine soup?? I know, yes I am slow and now, I feel like Sam I am!, only much much slower!

Vanessa said...

I have short hair because my husbands 6 sisters all had long hair and HE had to clean the drains. I love those hair blogs, they are the best when you are sick of just a pony tail!

and PS, you will be missed, since i am now staking your blog!

Jessie said...

HOLY MOLY! Wow, can I come over and can you teach me?? My little one has really long hair, and I'm about at my wits end sometimes with her hair. I love it long, and I love doing it, but it takes so long and gets so tangled. Can you teach me, oh hair goddess??

Sorry about your grandmother!

Crazymamaof6 said...

thanks for stopping by! come back lots. everyone is welcome!
holy cow that is alot of hair to do! i couldn't imagine that much to deal with and it looks great even after sleeping 2 days on it. i love when a style lasts longer than a day.
except my girls think they need to take it out becuase the twists hurt. and the pony tail is bugging me! whaah wah!
yeah i have no sympathy for them.

holy cow 7 kids. and they are DARLING! thanks for leaving me a comment!
sorry to hear about your Grandma, travel safely.

Sue said...

what a darling blog....
Hi.Devri.
Thanks for stoppin by the Haven.I appreciated your comments..My mom is a fan of Michael Buble...Absolutely one of the best..She created a web-site dedicated to Michael's mom Amber.. You get there by going to:
http://michaelbuble.infopop.ccleve

Once you have joind this message board..You go to "You'll never know"
then hit on "Mom Amber Buble...Got a minute"..her name on the blog is Irene Hope..She created this site in 2005..Not the easiest thing to get to.But my mom has used this to share everything she knows and ties it in with the music she loves..She also has a blog site called "George"..You can get there by clicking on Brittany's site...I love meeting new friends..Stop by any time, I'll do the same..

Amy said...

So sorry aobut your Grandma! It is so sad! I love this post! I have a little girl with a TON of hair. 2 years ago we cut 12 inches off and donated it to Locks of Love... it was a short sassy bob- but now she want to grow it out again. One fo the reasons we cut it was because it was pulled in a high pony/braid or messy buns EVERYDAY. Thanks for the hair hook-up now that we are growing the mop back! Have a safe trip... Hope you can come next week!

Jamie said...

So much beautiful hair. I love how it turned out! I am so sorry about the passing of your Grand Mother

rachel said...

sorry to hear about your grandmother....prayers to you and yours! The hairstyles are gorgeous...I can't wait until my little one has more :)

Kari said...

I am sorry to hear about your grandmother, my condolances. I thought that I would stop by your blog and your post is about hair :) By the way, loved both hairstyles. The second is so creative with such beautiful, thick, long hair.
I have to laugh, because if I didn't mention it on my blog all the long hair in our house has killed several vacuum cleaners over the years. We cut the hair off the brush everytime we use it and I am always amazed at how much hair there is! Your house has to have even more with all the beautiful long hair :) Thanks so much for checking out our site. It is always fun to read the comments!

Amy said...

Devri...
Same bat time...same batty house. I don't know what Mindi was talking about? Wednesday... do you need directions? Email me and I will hook you up!

Mia said...

Oh my stinking goodness! You are a hair rock star. I am way impressed with your skilz! Your girls are just so darn cute to boot! Sorry about your grandma it is always sad when a loved one passes away. Glad that you got to be with Chelsea though.

Unknown said...

I've been to this site before...it's too bad that I HATE doing hair...mine or my girls. Isn't that what hair dressers are for.

Your girls are looking awesome.

Unknown said...

Oh, and my condolensces about your Grandma too.

It is so wonderful to know that she is the one having the welcome home party in a better place.