Monday, August 18, 2008

FROM THE ISLAND OF NEW ZEALAND-

My brother in law is the bishop in a palangi (white) ward- he asked if we could do a couple of numbers for them, we hadn't practiced, hadn't had any one else but Aanya and Keilani, and Mele. My little ones know how to dance, but they only needed a couple of numbers so they were out. (I think there the cutest, but don't tell my older ones that). There is a Tongan, and a Maori, and Samoan, Hawaiian, and Tahiti. For your enjoyment, watch- Aanya preformed this one by herself..

For this you have to pause my music player or it looks funny with the different music:)


23 coments:

Mrs. Morty said...

Hey that is pretty cool! I can't believe your kiddos are getting so big!

samiam said...

That was so brave! I love the long hair, well done cutie pie!

Anonymous said...

How great is that? She is beautiful!!

Thanks for entering my giveaway! I would love a shout out!!

Misty said...

I love island dancing - she is so great. My choir teacher in HS was Samoan and for our fundraiser, we did a HUGE luau and had the COOLEST dancers EVER. I will never forget it - it was soooo beautiful.

Mia said...

That is so cool! I love that all your kids know how to dance. Lovely.

Ane said...

This is one of my favorite numbers, I was never really good at the short Poi Balls, Tongan was my thing...but your girl makes the PCC dancers look bad! WOW! You go Aanya! I am still working on teaching my girls. I love this video, you gotta put up more of these!

Ane said...

I almost forgot to mention that I have something on my blog for ya! Check it out!

Mindi said...

i agree--being one who just went to the pcc a couple of months ago, i'd say that little girl puts them to shame!

i love that she would be learning something about her culture...good mama!

Unknown said...

Adorable! What a doll. What a beautiful culture. Thanks for sharing...

Kristie said...

That was fun to watch, I wanted to tell all the other people to stop talking and be as amazed as I am!

Vanessa said...

Love, Love, Love it! Your kids are so cute!

Amy said...

So dang cute. We had dancers at my dad's luau in St. George. That is such a fun thing! You're kids are beautiful! Like you don't hear that ALL the time. I got your prize in the mail! Loved it! You are so cute. I tried to phone you back to tell you thanks in real life... But until then... THANKS! I wish you could have made it up... I got your address off the package so now I'll send you your PRIZE!

tammy said...

How cute!

Jessie said...

That is sooooo darn adorable, Devri! She is really good.

Holly H. said...

Oh how cute! She is absolutely darling!

shauna said...

I recognize that music. It brings back so many memories from working at the PCC (tour guiding, not dancing).

She is a beautiful dancer. And that hair, oh girl!

Howz about footage of the others?

Sue said...

Hi Dev...Where should I go to read your testimony? I would love to read it.

Jamie said...

What a fabulous little dancer. She is beautiful!

shauna said...

Come back and tell me where to find info on pie sundays. I love new ideas.

Unknown said...

That is precious.

And, did I hear you talking about the white people in the background?

I just heard the word palangi.

I imagined the conversation in my mind. Somebody asked mom, "Why is that kid not watching...why is she talking?"

Mom in Tongan: "She's just a palangi, she doesn't know better."

Did I imagine correctly? C'mon tell me that I secretly understand the language.

Devri said...

Alice I just about pee'd my garments as I read what you just wrote. You crack me up, and you made my day. Thanks!!!

Crazymamaof6 said...

she is darling! what a fun talent!

My_Kids_Mum said...

Awwwww... I love it!!! She's doing so good!!! Keep it up Aanya!!!