Sunday, September 21, 2008

Primary program







OK, bad title, but look at this, I just had to share this spiritual day with you all.

Yes, I suckered you here, now read and hopefully get uplifted already........

Today was our Primary Program in our Tongan ward, I love these every year, I love that my kids get to get dressed up in there whites, and I love to feel the spirit as they sing and say there parts.

There wasn't anything more special about this one, they all talked on things they have learned about this church, it was amazingly spiritual like always.

I love that the 3 and 4 year old can barely see over the podium. I love that they sang in Tongan, and learned and grew. As I watched with a tear in my eye at all the children, I was so proud of them all, those strong little children, it gave me a sense that what I already knew that this wonderful church is true.

these little ones, they were brought to this earth for the last days, those little ones who scurried though there parts as if the podium was on fire, those are the little ones who are Heavenly Fathers Strength of this church.

These little boys who were passing the sacrament giggling at their friends while passing the sacrament, those little boys passing the sacrament will be our priesthood in this church, they will be the bishopric, the high council, and yes, even a prophet.

These babies who are fussing, who are tired, who are hungry, these babies will be the backbone of this church. They are our future.

"I am a child of god, and he had sent me here, has given me an earthly home with parents kind and dear.

Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way,

Teach me all that I must do, to live with him some day" (Children's hymn book)

Little ones, I will try harder to teach you, I will try harder to be kind and dear at all times, I will try harder to walk beside you, and I will try harder to help you on your way...

Onward children of God,

Press forward, ever forward, parents to be a great example to these choice children..

Have a great week,

Oku ou ofa lahi kimoutolu,

I he huafa, O Sisu Kalaisi,

Emeni.

25 coments:

Unknown said...

If I had a boy, I would buy a bride for sure.

I LOVE It that they dress in white for the program...what a great way to invite the spirit.

They are all so precious, and your message is so true.

Behold the little ones.

Anonymous said...

Cute little brides! Love this post!

Mindi said...

the title just made me laugh out loud.

your girls are beautiful. and your little man holds his own--thanks for that bit of spiritual this morning!

Unknown said...

I love the primary program, ours is this week. We are all on the edge of our sacrement seats... But I have only one to dress all in white... But I do have a deacon passing sacrement...

hoLLy said...

they look like angels! i wish our sacrament meeting program would have the kids all in white-that must really add a special feeling to the room.

Are You Serious! said...

♥ Your girls look so beautfiul in all their white! :)

Unknown said...

I love the white dresses!!

Anonymous said...

they look like ANGELS!!!!!

Suzanne said...

Oh! I love the idea that they dress in white for their program. How beautiful that must look! Your girls are beyond beautiful and I love those little boys of yours!

Your thoughts are right on target, Devri. I remember having those same thoughts for my own children and now I have them for this next generation. Thanks for the reminder.

Brittany said...

hey, love your pics and LOVE your background- it's gorgeous!

Ane said...

I love, love, love this post!
I would like to propose an arranged marriage for my 2 boys with two of your lovely daughters, hey we ain't related...lol! Seriously, they are gorgeous! I really enjoy that you share your spiritual experiences and testimony. It is so amazing how these sweet little spirits teach us in simple ways. Thanks for sharing this! ;)

tammy said...

Sweet post!

And since you're selling....I'll take two for my two boys!

tiki_lady said...

Emeni! beautiful!

shauna said...

That must have been an unbelievable experience. I love to see when the Tongan choirs dress in white. It adds such a beautiful touch.

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

What a great thing to read...thanks so much and your kids look beautiful!!!

I thought the title was witty! :)

Sue said...

There is nothing more beautiful than a girl in white..Give me 5 gorgeous girls in white and you have given me a glimpse of heaven..

Love love it...

Renee said...

Primary program is the best Sunday of the year!!! The kids are so cute and I especially look forward to the Sunbeams.

I love that they all wear white. It must have been beautiful. Pretty children!

Family said...

Uh.. Dev.. Change the title. They are beautiful but some whack job is going to prowl. You know me.. Always protect your children.

Brittany said...

hey girl, oh there is a head! and he ate it fo sho! it's kinda hard to see cuz the mouth is wide open, but suka says the same thing about eating the head. i have a pretty strong stomach but, to sound very girlie, EWWWWWW!

Family said...

Hey and did you cut my boys hair? I need a better picture to see him.

Kristie said...

What great memories! I bet your pew felt empty through that Sunday:-) I love seeing my husband and son blessing the sacrament and my other son passing. I probably won't have both sons blessing at the same time, David will leave for his mission before Harrison is old enough to bless.

Brittany said...

hello again! it took me THIS LONG to realize there is no head on that fish! i TOTALLY thought there was a head, eyes, everything... goes to show you how much i did NOT wanna be lookin at it that morning!! hahaha hey, where you been? if it goes a day or two without you, it seems like forever!

Holly H. said...

So sweet! Loved the message and you're girls are darling!

samiam said...

Very cool message. Love the white dresses and then the little guys are like little men! Too cute again.

Omgirl said...

How beautiful is that! It makes me glad I'm not in the primary presidency anymore. Because now I get to sit in the audience and actually enjoy it instead of stressing the whole time.