Wednesday, October 29, 2008

HELP A SISTAH OUT WILL YA!!!

First lets happily get this out of the Way--















I am thankful for life. there are way too many times I take it for granted, think about it, what good would you be if you were dead.... ;0)




NOW here is why I called you over-

I am not a procrastinator, nope not at all, and I would not even forget about being a helper in class for a Halloween Party for the whole 2ND Grade.







So help a Sistah out!!!

Tell me what to do, they called me today and said that all the 2ND grade will be there, and that I needed to provide everything.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME, I SAID HELP OUT, NOT GIVE MY CHRISTMAS MONEY TO THE 2ND Grade.

What can I do? I need a activity, or something to do.. I have never done one before, Stop hating, I have way too many kids to be helpin' out all days long in every classroom.

Help help help,

why you are thinkin' look how stinking cute these turned out. My kids drew them and then I cut them out..

why you ask there is only 5?

YOU TRY TO DO 9 OF THEM, JUST TRY!!!!!!!

(can someone teach me to take a good quality photo in the dark with a child in my arms)


Aanya's 10


Keilani's 9

Katalina's 7

Lavinia's 6

Leila's 4

We all have pumpkin's but Elaiasi was happy just to stick his truck on his and drive in around the pumpkin 100 times....

Peace out!!

Oh I almost forgot, I am thankful to all those who entered and came out of hiding. whoo hoo for you who!!!!

37 coments:

Vanessa said...

I'm in the same boat. I need a craft for Friday. . .STAT!

Vanessa said...

And yes, 6:30

SuperCoolMom said...

A craft for the party? Art project? or food?

My favorite Halloween Art project for that age group is really easy. Each kid needs two 8 1/2 x 11 sheets of black construction paper, a 3 inch square of green, and a 2x3" rectangle of orange. Cut a cat (sitting up) outline out of a manilla folder (make about 8 - all the same). The kids will trace around the cat on their sheet of black construction paper. Then have them trace a circle (paper plate) and cut it in a spiral from the outside to the center (about an inch wide). This will become the cat's tail. Staple the tail on and it curls and hangs. They can cut some eyes out of green construction paper and make an orange bow to use on it as a bow tie or a hair bow or on it's tail - whatever they'd like. Easy, cheap, done in their seats. Staple a piece of yarn to the top of each cat's head so they can hang it up at home or don't, and they can stick it on the fridge.

Game? Make 5 or 6 pumpkin shapes, have a put the face on the pumpkin relay?

Academic activity? get those individual bags of bones (like they're made out of sweet tart stuff) and have them graph the bones, then they can glue them on a square of construction paper and see if they have a whole skeleton - or just let them eat them.

Food? Rice Krispy treats colored orange and made into pumpkins with M&M face.

gigi said...

Wow, sorry I'm no good at 7:30 this morning! I'll continue to think on it. I love Crafty Crow at

http://belladia.typepad.com/crafty_crow/

they have some great ideas!

The pumpkins are wonderful! Great job!

Kristie said...

I wish I could help with some super cool ideas like supercoolmom did.
Love the pumkins, looks like youhave some gifted kiddos there!

Anonymous said...

I say "pull out your favorite tennis shoes and run like hell!!"

No volunteering here!!

The Mom said...

Buy fudge rippled cookies, Hershey's kisses and chocolate frosting. Using the frosting as glue, dab some on the bottom of an unwrapped kiss, turn your cookie over so the stripes are on the bottom, then glue the kiss over the hole. Ta-da! Witches hats.

Hillary said...

http://belladia.typepad.com/crafty_crow/

She has tons of amazing, neat, simple crafts and activities to do. Go there!

Cheryl Anne said...

I don't do parties either... good luck!! Love the pumpkins!

Family said...

why all by yourself? Don't you live in a prominatly LDS community? Serve others right... let's hope some one comes to your rescue.

Sue said...

Luv the pumpkins you did for your kiddos...

You are miss creative, you'll figure out something fab. and then you'll blog about it...

Kristi said...

Bobbing for apples is always fun, and easy to put together. It iritates me that they except you to do this all by yourself (and I don't even know you.) I think you need to enlist help. I'd offer if I lived anywhere near you :)

Mia said...

Sorry lady I am absolutely no help when it comes to creative cute kids activities. I steal those from others... Good luck

Unknown said...

Devri....make sucker ghosts....just some tootsie pops, kleenex, a couple black markers for eyes and string.

And, you could do potato stamp pictures....too messy though.

Go for the ghost suckers.

Kristen said...

Buy a couple of little gourds and have them sit in a circle. Pass the gourds around to the music and when the music stops, the person holding it is out. Spaghetti noodles in a box with "body parts" (I think you can buy candy shaped like body parts at the Dollar store) in it. Somehow keep it covered so that they can't see what it is and don't tell them what it is and not to share with the next person in line. The grosser the better! Then of course there's the good ol' mummy wrap. Toilet paper, teams, and a time limit. See who can turn their teacher into the best looking mummy. We've also done a scarecrow relay race. Big overalls, flannel shirts, hat, boots, etc. Kids run down, dress, run back and undress, next kid dresses, runs down to other 1/2 of line, undresses. You get the picture. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

those jack-o-lanterns look great!!!!

and goooood luuuuck with the partay!

Anonymous said...

oooh i have an idea for your little party:

just SPIKE the punch... everyone will have fun just coloring on plain white paper with only one crayon!

just kidding......seriously... just kidding!!!!!

Brenda said...

Good luck! They don't let our kids dress up for Halloween at school, so it's not something I have to worry about:( The pumpkins look great!

Jamie said...

I can't and don't volunteer in the classroom either. I used to feel amazing amounts of guilt but then I decided it is what it is,time and season. My hubby saw your last comment and said hey lets go visit. Wow!!! I have an aunt who lives in Orem and next time I come that way I am going to say hello and we can really chat then. That would be so fun:)

islandgirl said...

Print out a Halloween word search, that's what I am doing. A ring toss with small pumpkins and a hula hoop. Someone already mentioned the mumy wrap. Hmmm, donuts on a string. What about Ghost Charades, put little clues in the balloons, then have the teams take turn popping the balloon and acting the charades out. All these things we did at my daugher Vivians bday party last week.

HaYn Mama said...

A cake walk is always fun! I can't believe you have to do this for the entire second grade. What the hey!!!

Bless your heart and good luck!

Jan said...

MerriAnnes comment killed me. So funny. Love the pumpkins and have yourself a Happy Halloween.

Suzanne said...

I am so out of practice for kid's games. Sorry. I do want you to know that those are some awesome jack-o-lanterns!

Renee said...

Oh no, I'm too late. I hope the party went well!

Holly H. said...

Great pumpkins Devri! Hope you had a great Halloween! :)

Elizabeth said...

Ok....so I just noticed that you commented on Kaitlin Hunt's blog. I guess I have two questions for ya. How do you know Kaitlin? Did you attend BYUH and if so when? Ok......I guess that is three questions!! LOL

Triple A said...

Your pumpkins look amazing. You are a super mom and I"m sure you gave an amazing party. How do we find time to fit it all in??

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

DANG, I missed this!
So tell us, what did you do?

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Oh, I forgot, I love the 5 pumpkins!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

I didn't crave ONE!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

So, your doing 5 is outstanding.

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

I wouldn't have done 9 either!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Much less 5!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Your kids are great artist!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

My drawing would be a horrible attempt at a stick man!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

I'd drive my car around the pumpkin too! That would make me happy!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

And you're a great craver too!