Sunday, November 2, 2008

Spiritual Sunday!!


I hope all is well and that everyone had a safe Halloween.




Aanya came home from school the other day and this is what she had told me.


Aanya and the girls ride a bus to school, as they were on it going to school, a girl came up to them and asked what they were being for Halloween.


They of course told, and then Aanya asked the girl what they were being, the girl then stated, " Oh, we don't dress up for Halloween at our house, my mamma says Halloween is of the Devil."


Aanya asked why, and the girl just went on and on about that the scriptures tell you, and that her scriptures are true!!


Aanya then said" Oh you read scriptures? Me too. I read the Book of Mormon."


Little girl- " My mamma says the Book of Mormon isn't true."


Aanya- I'm sorry she thinks that. Has she ever read it?


Little girl- I don't know? My mamma says that the Church of Jesus Christ isn't true. And that I shouldn't be friends with Mormons.


Aanya- Well I know my church is true, and you should read the Book of Mormon for yourself and then pray to see for yourself.


Little girl- Your weird.


Aanya- I think your nice.


Little girl- OK that is just weird, I just denied you, and you called me nice for it?


Aanya- Life is great, you can believe what you want, and still love people of different religions.


Little girl- OK I am leaving cuz your wiggin' out.


Aanya- Have a great day..




The next Day-


Little girl- Aanya can I sit with you on the bus?


Aanya- sure, but I thought you thought I was weird?


Little girl- I think your cool..



I love that my 10 year old can stick up and stand her ground on what she believes in. I think way too many times in life we feel embarrassed, or uncomfortable that we are a member of this great church, because it is not "cool".


I for one am not embarrassed of my church. I hold my head high, and shout it out for all to hear.


Do you want to know something cool?


Her mother called me today and asked if I talk to her about our church.


Aanya is a great girl, and defiantly a child of God. And most for sure a Missionary in the Making.


Tongan mission of course... ( don't tell her that they don't send woman out there)

21 coments:

gigi said...

Such an awesome story! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Jamie said...

Inspiring. Way to go Aanya!!! I hope I can instill in my children that same testimony and confidence and that they to will not be ashamed of their beliefs.

The Mom said...

That is amazing and inspiring. I don't think I could have been as eloquent. Rock on!

Jan said...

That is the best news ever. I think these kids now a days are something else. She went home and told her mom because she felt something from your daughter. I love this story. Thanks for getting me all excited. You go girl.

Tara D. said...

Wow, that just goes to show you the power of testimony. I think it's amazing that she didn't hesitate or feel embarassed to share her knowledge of the gospel. She must have amazing parents who have taught her well.

Hillary said...

I wish I had the courage of a 10 yr old! Our children of these last days have dome with a spirit of strength and knowledge of who they are and from where they come from. Tell your daughter that she is an amazing person and I can' t wait to see what she grows up to be!

shauna said...

Out of the mouth of babes!

Great job Aanya.

HaYn Mama said...

What a great experience for Aanya! It looks like it'll be a great experience for your entire family.

Who knows she may become the first state side sister missionary in Tonga. . . maybe she'll serve at the temple visitors' center there and end up converting the King and his family. Temple visitors center missionaries
ROCK!!! OK I'm bias I served on Temple Square!

Crazymamaof6 said...

way to go Aanya! that is awesome!
she handled herself so well! super impressive! WHOOHOO!

tiki_lady said...

how fun and good that she can stand strong. So weird that it happens in UTAH!

wow, check out all your followers! I had to WORK for some love. I should have put follow me in my giveaway too! DANG IT!! I wish I thought of that idea!!


ok, woman woman, i want to see that mildred too!! you know how I heart her face!

Vanessa said...

Great story! And great little gal!

Anonymous said...

When others are fighting and pulling hair, your Aanya is angel in this crazy world. Way to go Aanya Maata!

Renee said...

What an awesome girl!!! I may use this story in my next fhe lesson. My kids will love it!

Hey, I sat with Chelsea today in RS and we talked about how fun you are and how I'll look you up when I go out west someday. Wouldn't it be fun to have a "blog" family reunion?!

CaryManda said...

I absolutely love this story! I pray that my girls can have her strength and gain a testimony like hers one day! I know you are so proud of her! Sounds likes she has had wonderful examples!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

WOW, what a story! You've done a great job momma and teaching your little 10 year old, every member a missionary! How neat! thanks for sharing!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

I know, I know...don't pass out! I'm here!

Sue said...

That is an awesome story!! good job, teachin your little ones to be brave and stand up for what they know..

Very cool, thanx for sharin!!

Suzanne said...

What an amazing little girl you have.

Unknown said...

I loved reading this yesterday...it was the best testimony I heard all day.

Way to be a missionary Aanya. And way to teach her mom.

tammy said...

What a fabulous example to us all!

Judi said...

What an amazing girl you have!
She was taught right!!
and thanks for the demon banishing!! I am much better now, THANKS :0)