Monday, October 13, 2008

Monday Memories



Do you remember the giant sized tube of chapstick growing up? I can, and I will tell you why!!!

I loved these things, huge, colorful, and yes flavorful. I loved chapstick growing up for two reasons, because it was cool, and when you needed a umph- you just had to lick your lips.

Well, I was about 6 or 7.

We were over at my neighbors house, playing away, And then I mysteriously disappeared.

They looked everywhere for me, finally they got their parents involved in the ordeal.

They searched and searched, finally they decided to call my mom.

So then mom got involved. It must have been horrible for them, imagine losing a neighbors child.

The oldest child from across the street came out of the house, had asked everyone outside if they had seen her orange flavored huge tubed giant chapstick.

Nobody had seen the chapstick, or me..........

About 10 minutes later(it really must have been like 3 hours), they found me, I was underneath, hiding beneath our truck.

Why you ask????




I was eating away at the Orange flavored huge tubed giant sized chapstick.

Yep, let's just say that I was the "balm" back in the days.....


So beware, keep your chapstick hidden when I am in your presence.

The end...

PS. if you want the itsy bitsy spider, don't forget to look down at the last post, and enter to win this scary-licous beauty.

13 coments:

rachel said...

I liked the root beer flavor ones myself :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Devri that is awesome! I lol!! I too loved ALL the flavored ones! Great post!

Crazymamaof6 said...

that is HILARIOUS! i totally used to steal and eat my sisters lip smackers! DELIGHTFUL!

i still get giddy when i see them at the store. especially the giant ones at the dollar store. heavenly day. i can never resist buying them for my girls. i don't eat it anymore though!

too funny you stole the neighbors. hee hee

tammy said...

Oh I had totally forgotten about those! Mmmmm....they were pretty yummy. And so funny that you were hiding beneath the truck. You could probably see and hear them looking for you too.

Cheryl Anne said...

awesome! ha ha ha!

Anonymous said...

I love those things, I bought one again about five years ago. Just because!

Kristen said...

Too funny! I'm sure I went through my share as a youngster too! Now I've got a friend with a 3-year-old that I have nicknamed "Glossy" because of her love of the stuff!

Unknown said...

My chapsticks all get eat'n by the dryer monster. My kids keep leaving them in pockets and lucky me they end up in splotches all over the clothes...

Vanessa said...

Ditto to what Michelle said, if I find one more chappy in the dryer. . .

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

LOL...oh my word...you ate it?
I guess that's why you are still the "balm"! LOL

tiki_lady said...

you were the balm! you are so funny! LOL, I cringed when you said you were eating that! ewww... it is so thick. Yeah, I tried eating the cherry chapstick and quickly learned my lesson.

Triple A said...

I loved those things. I liked the ones that you could hang around your neck. Wasn't it so fun to be a kid.

Brenda said...

I remember the chapstick but never ate it! My brother ate butter sticks though. Gross, I know.