Sunday, October 19, 2008

Spiritual Sunday


I was saying my personal prayer the other day, and right in the middle of it, I felt the urge to stop. WHAT? Stop saying my prayer? I couldn't believe I was thinking that during my prayer.


I kept on for a minute, brushing it off, then I felt it again.


OK, so I stopped, felt horrible for doing so, but I did.


As I sat there thinking, Hello, what now,feeling came over me.


Nothing, and more Nothing.


I just decided to start my prayer over again. This time I will start from scratch and I did.


I actually felt like I was saying a different prayer than I normally would, I didn't say anything spectacular, I didn't get any revaluations, just said a prayer that I don't normally say.


I don't know to this day what that was all about, but I do not ignore my feelings. I have learned WAY too many times if I ignore the Holy Ghost, I will regret it.


But I do know this-


My personal prayers have been repetitious lately. Not that I pray a memorized prayer, but I feel I am too tired to really pray for what is going in my life..


I have ever since this day ( a whole 5 days now. hee heee) prepared my prayer for my prayer, not that I wrote it down, but cleared my head, and thoughts before speaking to my father in heaven.


I am striving each day to be a better child of God. I am Changing today.


This story didn't move mountains, but it did remind my that even the little things need thought and work, so that we can better ourselves.


I feel like I am just rambling, so I will stop,


Have a great Sunday, I am off to my nephews farewell, he is going to India!!!


I know this church is true, I know that if we hold fast through our storms, there is a light on the other side, and we are not alone.


I know that my LITTLE family can be together for eternity. I know that Joseph Smith restored this wonderful gospel, and we are living in the fullness of this church.


Hold Fast my loved ones, and my friends, we can do this,


Have a great week..


Lyrics to Sweet Hour of Prayer!!


Sweet hour of prayer! Sweet hour of prayer!That calls me from a world of careAnd bids me at my Father's throneMake all my wants and wishes known.In seasons of distress and grief,My soul has often found reliefAnd oft escaped the tempter's snareBy thy return, sweet hour of prayer!And oft escaped the tempter's snareBy thy return, sweet hour of prayer!Sweet hour of prayer! Sweet hour of prayer!Thy wings shall my petition bearTo him whose truth and faithfulnessEngage the waiting soul to bless.And since he bids me seek his face,Believe his word, and trust his grace,I'll cast on him my ev'ry careAnd wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer!I'll cast on him my ev'ry careAnd wait for thee, sweet hour of prayer!

6 coments:

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

thanks so much for sharing this.
you said something very interesting that struck me...i've been too tried to pray for what is going on in my life...oh how i have felt those same feelings.
i am going to try harder now since i have read this to remember to get ready for my prayer before i pray.
this meant a lot to me today.
thank you so much for the reminder.
have a wonderful sabbath.

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful testimony. ♥

i have done that so many times.... i really MEAN what i say in my prayers.... but sometimes it comes out like the same way each time. i guess i need to change my wording a little bit.

thank you for this. it was beautiful.

Family said...

Listen and obey.

tiki_lady said...

thanks so much! love your sweet testimony. it is so strong and pure.

Misty said...

I think we all get a little repetitious in our prayers, so it's good to get a reminder every once in a while.

Stephanie said...

thank you for sharing your precious thoughts. You have uplifted me and inspired me to be better.