Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Dearest School Lunch....




I send my children to school thinking that they will get a balanced meal, a healthy one.

I send them to you because I would rather pay the money, and get something nutritious, and not so yummy. Rather than eating plain Jane cereal, or hot coco and bread. Please do us mothers a favor and....

rethink your menu..

Sincerly Devri



I woke up this morning, and the kids jumped on the computer to see what was for breakfast at the school, and they simply kept it to themselves.

I had asked a couple of times, and I would get a fast reply. What? I couldn't understand you.... I finally learned why...

Pop Tarts!

Are you kidding me?

I am a pretty easy going person and really don't care what is served MOST of the time, but Pop Tarts for Breakfast?

I never have pop tarts in my house, I refuse to buy them. I don't know the calorie intake of them are but I know they are made of 100% sugar right?!!

So I stated that they will not be eating at school today, I sat them down for a nice wholesome healthy breakfast...

Do you know what we had....







Cinnamon rolls and Chocolate milk...



Much better don't ya think....



WHAATTTTT???



---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christmas Giveaway time,

ok, I have a extra Christmas tutu...Who wants it?

This game ends on Friday the 21st of November, a quickly, so I can get it out to you.


1 entry for leavin' a comment

2 entries for cheering me on.. (cuz ya know I got to win this biggest loser game).

3 No need to shout me out, I want this one to be just for my readers only. So if you are reading this blog, you get to enter...

I will announce the winner On the 24Th.


Good luck

33 coments:

Jan said...

I have never had a pop tart for breakfast. I feel that it is death threat. I can't believe they had those. Cute tutu.

Joy said...

Super cute! You've inspired me to make a tutu, but of course it's not as beautiful as yours!

Jamie said...

Oh put me down for a tutu . Still have not had a chance to e-mail you again. Crazy times over here.I have not had a chance to catch up until now PHEW.... NO pop tarts here either. I try not to send my kids to school hyped up on sugar. A cinnamon roll though not in the same leage as a pop tart. Two different species if you ask me.

SORRY about the drama with your hair blog. Seriously people, don't you have a family to raise??? Lets leave high school where it belongs, in the past!!

Hillary said...

I'm coming to your house for breakfast! Were the cinnamon rolls homemade or store bought?

( I think you're great!)

Devri said...

Hllary, you are way to funny, me, getting 7 kids ready for the day by 8:30, nope, never made them, probably never will.

But thanks for thinking I am a supermom, your talking about all my other bloggin' friends i think.

Unknown said...

They do the same thing at my kids school. A lot of stuff they serve is pretty healthy but yes they do serve poptarts. And my daughter is often sneaky...I always make them eat breakfast at home with specific instructions NOT to go and get a poptart at school. Well, you can guess what she does anyways and thinks I don't know it..but I can tell by the nice little bill I get from the school lunch lady!!

Aquaspce said...

Sigh,
I wish my kids' school would do a breakfast and lunch menu everyday.
I only have three kids, and I can barely get them out the door fed to catch the bus in time.
And that would be AWESOME to not have to pack a school lunch everyday - do you know how many times Piper has forgotten her lunch?
They get pizza or hotdogs every Friday.
That's it.
And I think you're amazing if you can get seven kids dressed and out the door by eight thirty, not to mention doing all that hair! CRAZY!

Kristina P. said...

Oh my goodness! I almost bought Pop Tarts at Walmart last night.

You are the best mom ever.

Lillian J. Banks said...

I understand the whole Lunch problem. Pop tarts???!

Brynn said...

1. Super cute tutu!
2. Go Devri, you can do it!!!
3. I'm reading your blog!

Ok, now, on to the breakfast... I would much rather have cinnamon rolls & chocolate milk over a pop tart any day! I can't believe they actually served those at school, I don't care if my kids eat them, but surprised they are serving them.

shauna said...

Where were the buttered cabin crackers? You going all palangi or something?

I'm with you on the pop tarts.

Wondering why the kids get a role of tp with their meal? I think it might just be more nutritious than the hot dog.

Go biggest loser!

Sher said...

I feel the same way! I have the world's pickiest eater EVER! I thought that now she's in 1st grade, she might get over her pickiness, and start eating more balances meals at school lunch. Nope!
One time she came home and said she had a creamie and chocolate milk for lunch!
p.s. I'd love a tutu! My 3 yr old would love this!

Sher said...

I feel the same way! I have the world's pickiest eater EVER! I thought that now she's in 1st grade, she might get over her pickiness, and start eating more balances meals at school lunch. Nope!
One time she came home and said she had a creamie and chocolate milk for lunch!
p.s. I'd love a tutu! My 3 yr old would love this!

Sher said...

BTW, I don't know what happened to make you decided to delete your hair blog, but I miss it! My girls and I have had so much fun trying your styles! So, if you ever decide to bring it back let me know!!
Sher

Tara D. said...

I'll take the cinnamon rolls and chocolate milk over those yuck Pop-tarts anyday. I love your idea of a wholesome breakfast, fo sho!

Renee said...

Pop Tarts are sooo yummy, but NOT for breakfast. I use them in place of a cookie for a treat with milk. I so agree with you!

Cheryl Anne said...

go dev, win it all! and count me in for your amazing tutu. My girls would love it!!

gigi said...

We rarely had pop tarts as a snack but never breakfast! I really think you should ask who's planning the menu, Adults or children?? That's a little crazy.

Misty said...

I love the tutu...do you think it will fit me?!! BTW - do you know what you are ranked on Biggest Loser? I can't believe how skinny you were when I saw you a couple of weeks ago. I don't know where you would have more to lose, but if you are shooting for skin and bones - GO DEVRI!!!

Stacie S-H said...

I dont really eat breakfast, bad I know...i have a 'mid morning' snack..and sometimes its a pop tart :-) hehe. I was on a kick for awhile & cherry ones were, and still are, my favorite. As for the tutu stuff I'm still single so i dont think i have a use for one...so give it to someone who can use it yep!

Mia said...

Hahahaha!!! Sounds like a pretty good breakfast to me :)

Anonymous said...

Now that's my kind of breakfast! We are a cold cereal and toast or bagel kind of people except on the weekends we do bigger, more gourmet. Pop tarts? Seriously?

MERRIANNE said...

school food can be a JOKE!!! it is terrible!

Christie said...

I'm with you on the Pop Tarts - I don't even think my kids know what they are. Thankfully!

And those tutus are too (too) cute.

Wendy said...

Can I buy a tutu from you? do you have a etsy site or something! TOO CUTE!! sorry but I love poptarts, the breakfast of champions!! or kids with adhd, you decide!!

The Roberts said...

Hey Devri, I remember you posting that we can buy a tutu, and I was wondering if I still can? There's this little girl who wants a tutu so badly for Christmas, and I was wanting to buy one for her. Thanks!
Amanda R.

tammy said...

I eat poptarts for dessert. They are not breakfast foods. But a cinnamon roll? That could be breakfast, lunch or dinner. Mmmm...

Brenda said...

Umm, we love pop tarts here. Keep up the good work. I've been walking every morning for 3 months and I haven't lost a pound yet. Just can't get myself motivated to eat right. Maybe it's all the pop tarts! Love the tutu, would love to win the tutu but then you would have to mail it to me in California:( But seriously, keep up the great work you're doing!

Musings of a Housewife said...

SRSLY? Poptarts for school breakfast? That is just wrong. UGH. Love the tutu, by the way!

Suzanne said...

Alright, I will admit that I served pop tarts to my high schoolers as part of their breakfast as they dashed out the door on their way to early-morning seminary. I figured the sugar would keep them awake for that important hour of the day. It made perfect sense at the time... now ... not so much. Love the beautiful tutu.

Unknown said...

I am dying of curiousity...what happened to your hair site? I loved it. I want that tutu. i must have it. I am envisioning me as the winner of your drawing!!

Luckiest Girl.... said...

So I have not come to your personal blog that often, but now I must for obvious reasons. Are you on the biggest loser? That is awesome girl keep up the hard work!You will have to share some tips to all us fatties! I have three little girls that would love a tutu, they are adorable! Have a great one and good luck with your contest, your family deserves the money!

Angela said...

Enter my in your contest. The tutu's are so cute and becoming very popular. My neice would love this.