Friday, January 16, 2009

Another week


Has flown by, have I got my house anymore organized?


Boxes are out of the way.. Kids rooms are put together.. Mine not so much.. oh well..


Can you believe that I suffered through a million Parent teacher Conferences Yesterday..


This is what they said...


Your kid is gorgeous..


Your kid is liked by all..


Your kid has many friends...


She had excellent grades...


WELL... GREAT.....


Nothing new there..


NOW could you please tell them that they could have just emailed me those words.. Better yet.. I see and talk to my kids daily.. I already knew that.. I am boycotting PTC's next time.. wait till I have all 7 you say.. Whatever,


The world will be to horrible by then, and I will be homeschooling by then...





Did you believe that one...





Me either...



It was the thought that counts right!!!!


Have a great weekend..

19 coments:

gigi said...

What wonderful compliments! How blessed you are. I guess there are some parents that can't wait to talk about how wonderful their children are but I always wanted to know, are they heading for college?? :) and what scholarships can they get?

Jamie said...

Oh the dreaded PTC. I think your right, no reason for you to attend.:)

Kristie said...

I speak to teachers when I feel there's a reason to, it drives teachers crazy, but I don't have two days free to devote to speaking to them, it gets real tricky when they each have five or six teachers... NO WAY!! You're wise to figure it out now. And Hey! What's wrong with homeschooling?? I have an 18 year old getting his assosiates degree because of H.S.!

HaYn Mama said...

I'm back dahling!!!!

Fo'Real they need to email you this great stuff! If there is something you need to work on with your child then meet together...why waste the time of a mother of 7.

Oh the joy of homeschooling!!! It really isn't as bad as you think it is.

Kerri said...

I have always felt like PTC were a waste for me. They never tell me about problems, just that my kids are doing great. Which is good I guess, but it is a waste of time. yes, just send me an email!

Devri said...

For the Record...

Homeschooling is great!!! I think it is a great idea.. my cousins do it my friend does it..


It is just me, I don't know if I could do it.. I am not will powered enough. I am not good enough, smart enough, and dog gone it, people like me..

fo real- nothin' wrong with homeschool, just me...

poor whoast me..

CaryManda said...

oooyyyyy.. I have those lovelies coming up in a cpl weeks. I only have to do 2 though. :) Wish me luck!!

Shauna said...

Happy Friday to you my precious friend! ♥ Hugs :)

Family said...

I believe our teachers avoid it out here! They just send the report card home. I am still looking into the home schooling deal.

Jan said...

Just hand them a memo from you next time of things that you want to hear that is new and exciting.

But, it sounds like you do have some terrific kids.

Stacie S-H said...

I was homeschooled fifth grade to my sr. year. kudos to my parents, mainly my mom, for putting up with EIGHT of us. But yeah PTC's...idk if I would send my future kids to public school or homeschool them but prob. homeschool by the way things are going! Aiai...

Anonymous said...

At least it all good stuff, next time just get a sitter and go get a pedi! LOL!

Kristina P. said...

I hope you have an awesome weekend!

Renee said...

Oh I am with you!

The teachers here only request a conference if there are issues and that's fine with me.

I've also boycotted fundraisers.

Jen Sue Wild said...

What a fun cute family you have.

PTC is mostly a waste and i refuse to go to the junior high and high school PTC.

Thanks for stopping bu my blog!!

Sue said...

By the time I got to number 4 and number 5 I stopped going to ptc.

What are they going to do when your kids are on the honor roll?

Tara D. said...

I think they should only require to meet in person if there's actually a problem with your child. Since yours are doing great, what was the point of that?!? I couldn't agree with you more. At least you've got great kids! :)

in time out said...

yes the thought...and I love the post. and the thankful thursday. i need to remember to do that. it makes a week better to be thankful. okay. see you.

palmtreelover said...

Makes me feel better, I boycott almost everything these days. You are experienced in knowing your kids and how it all goes. You should give yourself a break