Sunday, January 11, 2009

Spiritual Sunday


The Temple...

Oh how I love to go to the Temple. The feelings in the Temple are priceless, they are more than words can describe.

Getting ready for the Temple used to be chaotic, crazy, and sometimes not fun, when I got their I felt tired, useless. I was in a hurry to drop off the kids at gram mas house, and then a rush, speed to the Temple not to miss the Tongan session.



Until one day my friend gave a lesson on preparing for the Temple..

Not to go through your first time, but going regularly.

She had mentioned that it was not a throw your kids at the babysitters house, put on your make up and run type of meeting..

This one is important, this one takes all day to prepare for.

Here is some of the ideas she gave me that have stuck in my head, I know there are more, but these are all I can remember right now.

1. Start the temple day off with a prayer. Pray for the person you will be going through for that day.

2. You can even fast..(I am always nursing or pregnant, so I have yet to try the fasting one)

3. Plan out your day step by step, get clothes out the night before, make lunch at breakfast, make dinner at lunch time.

4. Keep your cool, after fury=Satan...

End the night with scriptures and prayer.. While you are in the temple read the scriptures, or ponder.

I have never been to the Temple without out a child to take care of.. Always and forever more.

I used to be stressed.

Now I try to keep my train of spiritual thoughts all day long..I know I should do this daily(but one accomplishment at a time right?!)

The next time you go to the Temple, try this, tell me how if you do some tricks that you might have..

Satan is strong, but we are stronger...

Till we meet again...

10 coments:

Jamie said...

I needed this. We have such a hard time getting to the temple. We have babysitting restrictions. Heck we haven't been on a date in well, months. I think if I can find a state approved regular babysitter I could actually plan regular date night to the temple.

Nora said...

What a lovely post.
Even though my kids are grown, it can still be hectic.
We have a 21/2 to 3 hour drive to get there, but we are having a Temple built now in our city... YEAH !!!

Kristina P. said...

Great tip! My husband and I went to the temple once a month, probably the first two years we were married. We have totally slacked off recently, but that's one of the goals we set for this year, to get back once a month.

The Mom said...

What a great idea. Thank you. I will definitely change how I view my day from now on.

Pedaling said...

yes, it does sometimes feel like the forces are against you on the day you plan to go. i loved these tips.

and why we have not connected? i really do not know- but glad to start this little internet friendship.

i have 5 girls yes and one boy right smack in the middle.
my oldest is married and made me a grandma last year.

your family is beautiful.
have a wonderful sabbath.

Melissa P said...

Thanks for the great spiritual sunday. I'm glad you are back. Those are great ideas to get ready to go to the Temple. I was told once that we need to explain what are clothes are. Not the meaning of them but why we take care of them and let our kids see us getting them ready to go to the Temple so they can see they are sacred.

CaryManda said...

I completely needed to "hear" this today. Thanks so much for sharing. :) I love the feeling in the Temple. I love sitting with my lovebug in the C room and just taking a moment to breathe.


DiaperDiva--as far as the state appvd sitter....if it's foster or foster/adopt, check out your local cluster for some respite providers. It's wonderful. :)

Kritta22 said...

I totally needed this, thank you!

We are going to the temple on friday night. We'll have to try this.

It's so crazy how satan works. Everytime Chris and I go to the temple, we end up fighting just before. EVERY time.

hoLLy said...

thanks for the reminders devri-i needed them!

p.s. we thought the frosting on the cupcakes tasted like medicine. YUM! :)

Renee said...

Love this. I never feel prepared when I go and needed to have it spelled out for me. Thanks Devri!