Monday, January 12, 2009

Da Word!

I wasn't doing a word theme for this year till I went to our Stake Conference yesterday, but something struck me hard, and now I am doing something about it...


Here is theme for 2009.......




Every year my resolutions go down the drain, but with a theme, how can I go wrong, If it is merely one little thing that I change, it will be for the better.


I am going to start worrying so much about the outside of me, I am going to worry about my Eternal Salvation. NO more pish posh, need to get looking good,


I am getting older...ugh.... I can change the way I do my hair, color it, or put make up on to hide issues I have... but=


Heavenly Father sees me inside and not out.


I am taking off my old self, and slipping into a new one starting today.


I am putting Heavenly Father first, in everything I do, in return, my children will change, my husband will change, and I will change.


So if you see the old Devri laying around, just kick her to the side,


I WILL NOT BE NEEDING HER ANYMORE.


A change. A little one, a big one..


Changing today....

22 coments:

Nicole Marie said...

CHANGE...say it loud, say it proud! I'm all for it! I'm really not one for short term "resolutions". CHANGE. I love it...you have inspired me today!

hoLLy said...

awesome choice! everyone needs to change. thats what we are here on Earth for, right?

Ane said...

Love this resolution! I wish you the best my dear, I don't see that you need any changes, you are really a wonderful person but we all know what we personally need to do to make ourselves the best we can be. I am proud of you and I thank you for you great example to me! Malo Aupito!

Messy Jess said...

That's why I love you. You spiritual diva you!

Cheryl Anne said...

you go girl...

Sue said...

Good Word..Just don't change all the things that I luv about you.

Your sincerity, your humor and honesty.

gigi said...

Most times my change comes kicking and screaming all the way, but you make it sound so do-able! Maybe I'll try your way. Good word! (sometimes)

Family said...

We all need to do this for ourselves and for our families. Please tell me that the old Devri will still do the Nutcracker in 5 mins though!

Kristen said...

Good luck with your change.
If we never change we never grow!

Kristina P. said...

Great word, Devri! Good luck!

Jan said...

I really think that you are finding that beauty in getting older. Things do change. We realize things differently. I love the word you chose. It will carry you through many things this year. Good luck and I can't wait to hear more.

tammy said...

Great word. Who couldn't stand a little change?

Mia said...

Good luck with your theme! I keep picking one the changing my mind ;)

Aquaspce said...

Love it! What a great attitude to have!

I love your new blog look too!

Unknown said...

Yes! This is the year of change for me too!!!

Jamie said...

SUPER CHOICE!!! Man I could sure use a good dose of change myself and that great attitide you are sporting with it:)

Renee said...

Thanks for providing inspiration.

tiki_lady said...

You are awesome devri!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

I love the old Devri and I can't imagine how the changed Devri would be. Does that mean I would love her twice as much? ♥
Thanks for the neat thought today!

Brenda said...

I like that word!

Tara D. said...

So many people are forgoing the typical New Year's resolutions and doing this "one word" thing. It's a great idea really, maybe something I should do too. hmmm...
I like the word you chose, it kinda suits me too, only just I'm changing my outsides too. LOL :)

Anonymous said...

I think we could all use a little change, I love it. Watch out change is coming!