Sunday, January 18, 2009

Want to see me blush?


Oh yeah!! Your in for some laughs..

A good friend gave me and my hubby some gift cards for Christmas, we finally used them.

Grabbed a babysitter, (which was hard to find) and ran out the door just the two of us..

Here is where it gets good.

We went to go pick up Movie Tickets.

Then headed for a bite. We went to our all time favorite. Yeah, that one.

We ordered our food, put our stuff down and headed for the outhouses.

(note when you are running out the door, don't forget to use the bathroom, public restrooms suck!!!!)

When I returned, I sat down. I was quite proud of myself, I had beaten my husband back..

I simply ate one roll, opened the straw and shoved it in the cup, I took a drink..

I almost puked..

Not that it was horrible.. OK it was, it was water.

(waitress coming over)

Mam, I ordered a sprite, and this is water..

Waitress- I am so sorry, that would be horrible to go and drink what you thought was sprite, and water came out..

Me- Yeah, it was, but could you trade it please.. I wish I was healthy, but I am not.

Waitress- Yes, right away.

I looked around to see what in the crap was taking my husband so dang long.

A tap on the shoulder came from behind.

Ma'am...

I think you are in our seats..




WHAT!?

I looked around, my jacket was missing and so was my husbands. I looked around again, thinking of something to say,

It just came out stupid..


Oh my goodness.. I just drank your water and it was nasty.


Yep.. I suck..

I stood up without lookin' at anyone, and finally remembered that we sat on the other side of the restaurant.

Crap..


I turned the corner.. Yep, hubby, Had already gotten the food. Had started eating it.


I went up to him, sat down, and busted out with laughter. He asked me where have I been, I couldn't even talk I was laughing to hard.

Finally I told him. We had to stand up and pretend we were going to the bathroom again, just to see what was happening with that poor table..

What do you think the waitress thought when she got back... I am still laughing right now.

So raise your hands how many of you want to go out with me now?

Yeah thought so..



oh the fun times I give my husband.. I should get paid for it don't ya think..

Btw- we went and saw Seven Pounds.. Has anyone ever seen that? What did you think..

I loved it, but then again.. as you just read, I am a little different.

30 coments:

Anonymous said...

You are cracking me up, that is so something I would do! Let's get together!!

gigi said...

You are a nut! I would have so left with my food in a to go bag. So glad that you got to get out for a night with your sweetie. Fun good times.

Messy Jess said...

I have laringitis. Do you know how hard it is to laugh hysterically and cry when your voice box doesn't work?

That is so funny. Imagine the poor couple wondering which planet you were from or if they were on hidden camera?!! I am in pain - laughing!

I saw 7 pounds. I loved it. It's defiently one to see again to figure out the clues from the beginning.

And I think you are as real as they get - good ridence to your bad commenter - apparently they don't know a good thing when they see it.

shauna said...

I bet you laughed so hard because you were already blogging it in your brain and you knew we would all be laughing "with" you. That is a good one.

tammy said...

That is hilarious! I think I will make sure we only go to the bathroom one at a time from now on.

Renee said...

I SO want to go out with you now! It seems there's never a dull moment with Devri and I likey!!!!

Family said...

Dev you never cease to amaze me! My peeps and I will be over for a girls night out!!!!

tiburon said...

Ok that is really awesomely funny!! Love it :)

Melissa P said...

That is so funny. I would have been wondering the same thing.

Lisa said...

Totally hilarious! I'm dying inside for you. I would have been so mortified I might have asked for my food to be boxed up and go. Ah!

Kristina P. said...

Oh my gosh! That is so funny! And I'm glad it didn't happen to me. :)

Tara D. said...

Oh my gosh, that's so funny! That's so something you would see in a movie, lol. I wonder what that couple was thinking. I can't stop cracking up over here, you're too funny!!!!

Unknown said...

oh boy!! I needed a good laugh today and you sure did give me one!!! Too funny. I would have been so embarrased!!

tiki_lady said...

lol, this is great! thank you so much for making me laugh!!!

the fellers said...

that is so funny!

rachel said...

That is sooooo funny and something I would do!!!! Thanks for following- I'm following you right back :)

The Mom said...

LMBO! Oh, that is sooooo funny! I can totally see me doing something like that! And if someone sat at my table and drank my drink and then got all embarassed, I'd laugh at that too!

Chillygator said...

Oh my gosh, I'm dying! That's so funny! I would have left and called my husband's cell to tell him to bring the food and meet me in the car (o:

Suzanne said...

Devri, I would go out with you any time! Next time I'm in Utah Valley we're going to lunch! (That should be next August.) Oh man, that was a good laugh!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Oh my word!
To say you don't get out much, would be an understatement? LOL
You slay me! THIS WAS THE BEST FREAKING POST! LOL

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Oh, if I ever get to go anywhere with you, I'll flag ya down the right table! :-)

Jamie said...

H-I-L-L-A-R-I-O-U-S!! Oh I can't even imagine, but at least you can see the humor in it and laugh:):)

Mia said...

You are too funny!!! I love that you drank someone else's drink!

Elizabeth said...

Ok......I would totally love to go out with you. It's all fun and games when it happens to someone else, just not to yourself. So as long as your not contagious......LOL!!! I'm watching Clifford with my kids and the whole show is about embarrassing things do happen to you. Maybe you should check it out. LOL
Anyhoo, Yes I've been to Tonga. It's a long story so hold on...........I was a senior in college and needed to pick a senior project to do. I had heard of them paying other to go out of country, so that became my goal. I found something I would have to go to Tonga to do and my friend found something that she would have to go to Samoa to do. We submitted them and of course they turned us down! So we went to the President of Academics and he thought our projects were really good and approved them for us. They only approved the travel. Everything else we had to come up with.
So since I was engaged to Ioane, we stayed with his family in Tonga and my friend was dating a Samoan, we stayed with his family in Samoa.
My husband was born and grew up in Tonga, but he is half Tongan, half Samoan. His mom is from Samoa........so I'm not going to feel bad about saying this. LOL Tonga is beautiful, but Western Samoa is GORGEOUS!!!! We did have more fun in Tonga though. Ioane's family is great!
But anyways......that is how I got to Tonga. We were only there a week and I didn't even go with Ioane. Hopefully someday soon!

Cole said...

And you wonder why, after sucking on someone else's straw, people in your house are getting sick... :)

I will go to dinner with you any time!

SuperCoolMom said...

That is the funniest most-embarrassing moment ever!

Cheryl Anne said...

THAT IS AWESOME! Thanks for the laugh, I seriously needed it today. :)

Kristen said...

How I wish I had been the couple at the other table. I'm sure your face was priceless!

April said...

Ok, now THAT was hilarious.

islandgirl said...

Okay, so what restaurant was that! LOL!