Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Thankful Thursday..and more

Where in the world does time go.. Thursday again? Already? Is it the fact that I have 8 children (hubby included), or is it that I go to sleep, and wake up like I had just laid my head on my pillow.











Today I am thankful for this.....




Memories of Warmth, sunshine, and fun..













And all my girls who think they are monkeys!!!









All your prayers on our behalf. We went to the temple today, I love that you all care so much about my little ol' famili...






My foot.. thanks once again.. (that is a story for another day)





My church..




That I speak and understand Tongan. I love it when people don't know that I know, and start gossiping about people or me.. Love it!!!!! *(btw-I always reply in Tongan.. their faces.. Priceless)



Ko e tahine poto 'a Devri he lea faka Tonga..


lol




Faith.. Without it, there would be no Devri. ok there would be, she would be boring though!!


What are you thankful for..



....................................................



I know I have been tagged my many, I really do want to do them, so someday they will get done, I promise.

If you are wondering where I am? Don't wonder, don't worry, I am here, I just haven't had the time to get on the computer lately.. Next week will be better, I will show my unconditional love then.. I promise.. who knows, maybe if your good, I will even show you my hair cut!!!

So be good~~~


Peace out!!!

19 coments:

Erin said...

I can only imagine what it's like to hear people gossiping about you, only to answer in their language. So funny!

And how fun to go to the park with your kids. It will be warmer here...one day...so that I can take my kids to the park.

Renee said...

The gossiping one is priceless! I love it.

gigi said...

Praying hard!

Jamie said...

MY Dad does the same with spanish. I have got to see it first hand and it makes for a great time,even if I don;t have a clue what has been said.

I love the peace the temple brings.We are still praying and knowing it must take A LOT of faith.
It would be so fun to talk!!

Jan said...

I wished I spoke Spanish for the same reason. I would love to hear what they are saying in my town. That is great that you can speak Tongan.

Your children are so beautiful. Is that their new haircut length? Very pretty. And the park is perfect.

I love your thankful list. Prayer, the Gospel, your temple night. It's all good Devri.

Kerri said...

haven't you already been invited to my other blog? 4-little-monkeys? If not let me know!

rachel said...

I love that you answer in Tongan. I would love to see their faces! :)

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

That is so funny that they gossip in Tongan! I can totally see you shutting them down and their mouths falling open!

Cynthia said...

My Dad speaks Rarotongan Maori but I guess that's altogether different, right?

My sister had the same experience with the gossip thing on her mission to Hong Kong. Sometimes Chinese store owners would complain in Cantonese about 'American Tourists', totally unaware that they speak the language. However, they were asked by the Mission Pres. NOT to enlighten (and thus embarass) the people by speaking in Cantonese. She did it once anyway. She said the shock was hilarious!

I'm with you on the 'remembering the sun' thing. I'm excited for warmth to finally return.

Kristina P. said...

Devri, did you serve a mission in Tonga or did you learn the language another way?

Jodi said...

I love your blog! Wow 8 children! you are amazing!

Thanks for entering my contest! Come back and vote for your FAVE purple item! Some are insane!!!

Melissa P said...

My husband speaks spanish and he used to do that when he worked as a pharmacist at Albertson's. I am glad you got to got to the temple. The pics of your kids are so cute. I can't wait for spring.

Devri said...

Kristina, oh how I wish I served a mission in Tonga.. They don't send girls to Tonga for missions..

Maka's mom doesn't speak it, and so I had to learn on my own, through my hubby, and our ward. I did the shumway book, took a couple of classes, but then you just have to learn from people speaking it 24/7.. we speak a lot of Tongan in our home. And my husband mainly speaks tongan to me.. When he is mad at me, sometimes it is not good to know the langauge.. hee hee..

Brittany said...

i love these pictures! yes, i cut his hair last week, a little, it was hangin' in his eyes on top!! it's still longish in back, so now it's almost to a mullet haha...

tammy said...

Great list!

I would love to pull the language thing on people too.

Honey Mommy said...

Your daughters look so cute!
My hubby and I need to try to get to the temple soon too. Tough times all around, you know?

Best wishes for your family!

Suzanne said...

Love those summer photos!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Just poppin in to say you all are in my prayers:)

tiki_lady said...

i love that you speak tongan! I do not have anyone to teach me or speak to. I wish we lived closer. I would love to learn.