Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Update on Maka, Have your Cake and eating it too?



Update for those who know, we took Maka into the good ol' Docs yesterday, they just ran tests, and blah, blah, blah, now we wait, wait, wait.... argh!!!!


He will go in for a endoscopy, and a colonoscopy in a couple of days though.. We will know more by the end of this week.. Thank you all who said a prayer in our behalf. I truly felt your love and comfort.


Thank you....


...............................................


Now for the best part about yesterday....


Once I heard that President Obamamama wanted the Stimulus Package to be signed by Presidents day...


Guess what, although he has had his way for the past month, yeah, that stupid package will get signed today, blah, blah, blah..


But why am I so happy?


He didn't get it signed by Presidents Day...


Yay, he doesn't get everything he wants....


(that is the high school coming out in me!!!)


Have a great day...


This is my To Tell or Not to Tell--


Here we go...



I did not ask the doctor if we get frequent flyer miles there in the office?

(come on, discounts!!)


I for surely did not cut 4 to 5 inches on all the girls hair this past weekend..

(don't worry, it is still down to their bums)


I did not cut and color mine, and I did not get side swoop bangs.. I do not think I am a hot mama now.. nope, that would be high school of me.


I did not give in and take my older children to see "Coraline".. ( Someone was on somethin' when making this movie.. Take all your babies to see this, they will not have nightmares for the rest of there life.. lovely.. just lovely..


I did not sneak pringles, candy, soda, peanuts and popcorn into the movie theatre.. We did not spend 60.00 on the dumb movie. And I did not ask for my money back...


My child did not puke in the movie theatre. I did not try to hide it, and we for surely did not move to another seat, so we wouldn't have to smell it. That would be mean... just mean.


What did you not do lately?

26 coments:

CaryManda said...

Hopefully by the end of the week you'll have fabulous news!!

Your movie theater trip...hilarious!! :D

New hair? So cool! *jealous*!!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

I hope the news is good!!! We got news yesterday that the spot on my husband's face *was* in fact skin cancer. He had a chunk under his lip removed so hopefully that takes care of it, they might have to remove more. Just surprising because he's only 29. Cancer is so scary! My prayers are with you!!!! And I loved your movie story....SOOOOOOOO funny!!!

gigi said...

So we wait and pray for all good things! Thanks for keeping us updated.

Sue said...

Good luck Maka! our prayers are with you.

The movies bring out the very best and worst in us..I totaly took my drink in (cf diet coke) and I always put my purse and coat in the seat next to me. I like my space.
We saw 2 movies over the weekend that were hilarious..Confessions of a shopaholic and new in town. I highly recommend both.

Jan said...

Oh come on Devri. You can't keep us in suspence over your new hair cut. Show show us. One hot momma might cure the stimulus blues here.

Melissa P said...

I saw the previews for Coraline. It looks a little creepy. I sneak treats in too. Theatre treats are a rip off. Good luck on the tests. Waiting is so not fun.

Kristen said...

...frequent flyer miles...LOL you never know until you ask!

I bet your new hairdo looks awesome!

Have a good day!

susette said...

I can't tell if I'm supposed to figure out which are truths and which are lies on the did not items. I'm guessing they are all the truth? You had a mighty fine, swell day there then!! (lie)

Kristina P. said...

I'm sure you DO look like a hot mama!

Family said...

You are sick! But I love you anyway!

rachel said...

I hope all is okay!! I heard that movie was scary :(

hoLLy said...

that movie just looked creepy! sorry you had to watch it. . .and sorry you had a kid puke in the theatre-no fun at all:( and you need to post pics of your new hair do! pronto!! i want to see this hot mama:)

Kenny Do's said...

Devri I hope everything turns out ok for Maka!

Shut up...you did NOT cut your girls hair! You definitely DO need to start your hair blog again...I'm feeling rutty and not wanting to do anything! BTW you can definitely use curl formers on LONG hair...if their hair is still too long to fit in one curlformer, you can do another on the same strand...making one strand of hair with two of the curlers or three, however long your dd's hair is.

Don't you just HATE the pukeys? Hope your little one is feeling better now...there is NOTHING... repeat... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING worse than puking kids who can't make it to the toilet or a bucket!

Kerri said...

I love your hair. You should put a picture! And I was the first to see it! I hope the test results come back good. And I think your movie experience was hilarious! I actaully want to see taht movie, but I better find out where you guys originally sat so I don't sit there.

Renee said...

PICTURE! I want to see your new do!

Nora said...

I have'nt said before.. but I just LOVE your blog.
I always feel uplifted, and want to say thank you. I'm following your blog, but I'm going to put you on my side bar also... hope thats okay.
Hsve a beautiful day ^^

Erin said...

Ugh for throw up! Was it because of all of the candy, or a different reason?

I love their hair! Cut or not!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Movie prices are rotten! You have to take out a second mortgage just to go as a family these days!

We praying with you guys!

Burrups said...

Wow! It has been amazing reading your blog and seeing all that you guys have been through. What an inspiration you are to me!! I will keep you in my prayers. Take care!!

HaYn Mama said...

My gosh girl you know how to get every single emotion outta me in one read... I'm laughing, crying and "J" all at once...
... I seriously :heart: you!!!

Unknown said...

I will be praying for the best outcome.

We love the movies too..it's a great escape....but ours is always at the dollar theatre.

I usually just sneak in the candy. For some reason the popcorn and the drinks being so overprices doesn't bother me as much as the candy...probably because I buy candy every day. :)

Nicole Marie said...

Sending Maka prayers from Louisiana!

Misty said...

It has been way too long. This pregnancy is killing me and limiting my blog/internet time. It was totally worth catching up on your blog today though - I definitely love the list of things you did not do - HILARIOUS! Hopefully Maka will find out what's going on and feel better soon. Take care! ;)

Unknown said...

Hilarious about the throw up! My Elias once puked in walmart right in my cart full of stuff. Of course I did not abandon that cart and go get a new cart and start all over,no not me!! LOL.

Suzanne said...

Hope all goes well with the tests. You're in our prayers.

tiki_lady said...

i really do not know how these things work. Did you or did you not do these things. Yeah, I'm a bit dense.