Sunday, February 8, 2009

You HAD to BE There...



OK so this is suppose to be a Monday Memory Post, but I just have to tell you all this.. why? Cuz you are all like my bffs...




I stayed up late working on some stuff for church last night, everyone was in bed.




As I walked up the fifteen million flights of stairs, I could hear snoring.




I have heard snoring before, nothing new right?




I walked into the room, not only was Maka snoring, Elaiasi and Baby were too.




argh!!!!!




I really don't mind snoring..




But this was OUT OF CONTROL!!! I got Elaiasi to stop and baby. Now for the Bears turn..




I climbed into bed, OK not really climbed, but more of a plop, hoping it would stir him to move onto his side..




I looked at him.. NOTHING. I looked again.. Crap he is already on his side.




The snoring was nothing like I had heard before, it was loud and truthfully kinda scary. I decided to just try to go to sleep.. NOPE wasn't happening..




OK I would kick him a little with my foot.. NOTHING.. I started to laugh, I was kicking this man, and he didn't even know it.




I chuckled at every little thing I did, seriously it went on for about 5 minutes.. Baby woke up, NOPE!!




I had to wake up early, was I to go sleep somewhere else.. NOPE, if he wasn't waking for baby, what if he woke up again.




I laid there for a minute, looked at him, I put on my Tongan power, and full on punched this man on his arm... NOPE.. no joke.




I was laughing to myself, it was hilarious, you had to be there.. On second thought, that would be kind of freaky, maybe you shouldn't have been there.




But you know I was sneaky, I am cool like that. Every time I did something, I would hurry and pretend to be sleeping, so that if he woke up, It defiantly wasn't me.....




So I didn't know what to do, I was getting a bit angry..




I decided to................












Scratch him..




like a kitty cat..




With a swipe of my hand, nails pointing down with force, it lightly, but forcefully (come on, it had to do it's job) dug and swiftly pulled back.




The snoring stopped a little movement out of the handsome beast. What happened you ask? Did it stop?












NOPE.




After rearranging himself, still asleep, he turned to his back.. ARGH!!! That is when it is at its furry, what did I just do to myself.. (cuz who cares what I did to him, he didn't or won't know it)




I quickly said a prayer, "please let it stop so I can sleep"




I don't remember how I fell asleep. Maybe he stopped, maybe the Lord through the sandman in my eyes..




The next morning Maka woke up, we were rushed getting ready for Church, and hurried out the door. I forgot all about it, until just now, when Maka called me.




Maka- Whacha doing?




Me- Reading the scriptures.




Maka- did you see my arm today?




Me- NO, why...(the it dawned on me.. oh crap)




Maka- I have a huge scratch on my arm, it wasn't there when I went to sleep, but was there when I woke up.. I wonder what happened?




Me- I asked him what kind of dreams he was having....sheesh!!




I busted out in laughter, told him the story, he said he wanted a new roommate..








What! How dare he....




lol

30 coments:

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

As I lay here in bed and my DH is on his back snoring away, I think this is HYSTERICAL! I don't know how I am going to be able to go to sleep in just a few minutes either...maybe I'll do the cat thing! LOL
And one night I did scratch him...not on purpose...but I was dreaming...and I scratched his check right under his eye...left a BIG mark! OUCH! He didn't wake up and I didn't either at the time. Next morning he woke me up to show it to me...that's when I realized that in my dream I was dreaming of scratching someone and it was really him I was scratching!
So, tell Maka, it's not uncommon for women to leave their marks on their men! LOL

Cynthia said...

My spouse is a snorer too. Sometimes it's a scary kind of snoring. I finally broke down and bought some ear plugs which help. They don't solve it but they help.

I suppose it's good that you came clean on the scratch thing. Wonder how long he spent trying to figure it out before you confessed?

Little GrumpyAngel said...

I am laughing while reading this. My husband snores now and again. But I have not tried scratching him yet. Hmmmm --- maybe I will :-)

Brittany said...

that is CLASSIC!

gigi said...

Oh my gosh, I have so been ther and done that!! What else is one to do???

Jan said...

It took a cat fight to stop that racket? Poor girl. I have been there too. It is so frustrating and at the same time hilarious. I have told him to stop breathing before.

I hope his wounds heal LOL....

Pancake said...

That is hysterical!!! man he is a sound sleeper!

Jamie said...

OH TOOOOO FUNNY. I would get punced back. I CAN'T sleep through snoring either, hence the sleep study and c-pap machine I made my husband get.

Anonymous said...

That was my suggestion. I snore too and found that I have sleep apnea. My husband will not take the time to go get tested but he is a scary snorer too.

Renee said...

When my husband snores, no joke, I totally plug his nose until he starts coughing or wakes up. He sleeps with his mouth open, so I'm not being cruel, and it works. Yeah!

Maybe I'll try scratching if this fails.

Kerri said...

Devri, You are hilarius! I would be so afraid to do that.

Kristina P. said...

For the first time in the 5 years we've been married, I banished my husband to the sofa the other night. He was congested and his snoring was ridiculous!!

I usually just punch him in the head when he snores.

Brynn said...

That's hilarious!!!

CaryManda said...

Hilarious! Only because I feel your pain so deeply! Hubs has apnea as well....
I've learned that if I massage his head he stops. Now, I can't always force myself to do this because I'm not always feeling particularly nice when he's keeping me awake....it does work though. :)

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Devri!!! That is so hilarious!!!!! Oh man...I really am glad my husband doesn't snore, only steals blankets. :)

Kristen said...

LOL
I have to get to sleep before Mr. C or I'll never fall asleep! Sometimes he says I wake him up b/c I'm snoring but he can always fall back to sleep.
LOL

Jan said...

I voted for you too :) Thanks Devri

Family said...

That is what you used to do to me!!!

Melissa P said...

That is hilarious. You always crack me up. I have never tried scratching my husband. I just kick him. He tells me I wake him up talking so we are even though.

tammy said...

I always have to wear earplugs when he's home, and jiggle the bed, and push him until he rolls over. And even then sometimes I have to leave the room.

Unknown said...

This is so hilarious! My uhbby snores too...maybe I will try the scratch thing!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

I feel your pain! I go through this same torture! Like the cat scratch idea..hmm..need to try that one! lol!

Suzanne said...

I thought I was reading about my life! Never done the scratch thing... might work. Thanks for the advice.

Mia said...

ARGH!!! Snoring is the worst, and ya know what, I am the snorer! I can't stand it even in myself, not that I hear myself... But hopefully it will go away when I have the babe.

Becky said...

what's all this crap about how no one comments on your blog? Full of it....
Love the snoring story.
so, are there seriously people in Utah who are pro-obama?

Elizabeth said...

My mom snores so bad. After leaving Hawaii me and Ioane lived with my family for a couple years. She would fall asleep on the couch and we would laugh so hard at her! However, it wouldn't be so funny if I had to sleep with her!

Unknown said...

I sleep with a bear too...lucky for me I take medication to sleep...all I have to do is wait for it to kick in! :)

Tara D. said...

That is so something that I would do. lol Love it!

The Mom said...

LMBO! That is so funny! I hate snoring, especially when I snore so loud, it wakes me up. Yes, I am the loudest snorer of the two. And when I have a cold, it is awful!

Krissy said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAH... That's HILARIOUS. Thank you for the laugh, I seriously needed it. I loved the cat picture, icanhazcheezburger seriously cracks me up. lol