Monday, March 16, 2009

Gymnast Salute!! and a little Monday rants..




Gymnastics lessons ----- 140.00 a month




Team outfit-------------- 320.00




Taking kids out of school and finding a baby sitter--- 40.00






Seeing a little girls face on the podium while getting her medal...






PRICELESS....




OK, so this is a reenactment...




I forgot the camera AGAIN...




Whatevah....




At least I remembered all the kids...




Phew!!!




NOW a rant and a rave from me.




Yesterday after posting the "I have a testimony tag" I received an email from a member of my church..




In it, it stated that your testimony is very sacred, and that it shouldn't be shared with just "Anyone"...




For the record.. quite the contrary......




Your testimony is there to testify what you know, to testify that you know the Church of Jesus Christ is True.




It is to help your own testimony, to share what you know, to help others gain theirs. To have people feel the spirit when they read or hear it.




TESTIMONY- To testify..




I will not take it down, I am sorry, but I know what is true.. The Internet is a powerful tool, and if we all come together and stand for what is right, their wouldn't be so much hate in this world.




I feel like I need to be a missionary somehow.. I have thought A LOT about this.. I have prayed and fasted. This has come to me back in December, and I feel that we can help those in need..




I thank you for your honesty.. But I have to disagree.




I hold my testimony very sacred to me.. That is why it is up there for all to see.




I hope I have not offended you.. It is OK to have your own opinion.. I will not be embarrassed about my religion on my blog... If I can't be myself here, there is no reason for this blog in my opinion.

27 coments:

Kristen said...

Wow look at that smile.
Congratulations on the medal. I'm sure she worked really hard.

Thanks for your well wishes...we had a great trip

gigi said...

Great smile and that isone thing that makes us love you is your honesty and the fact that you love the Lord and His church. We are to share our testimonies with the world. How else can we spread the gospel. Good Monday!

susette said...

I agree we should never be embarrassed or "ashamed" of the gospel. You did just fine in your sharing of your testimony.

hoLLy said...

congrats to your daughter!!! thats awesome.

and i COMPLETELY agree with you on testimonies. they are to be shared!! sorry someone emailed you to tell you different-that would have upset me. but they are wrong, fo sho. you are setting a wonderful example devri! we need to bear our testimonies to the world and tell them what we believe!

Stacie S-H said...

aww how fun! love the pic of your daughter :) Yes and I totally agree. Our testimonies are to share with anyone and everyone. Yes they are sacred but you strengthen your testimony by sharing it and I feel that sharing it online and face to face with people is appropriate. To each his own but kudos to you! PS ! One of my online friends who I met eventually face-to-face joined the church bc of my example to him and he got baptized when I was serving a mission and he now lives in Utah w/his wife and baby boy. So if I had hid the fact I was LDS when we chatted online, he might not have joined the church!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Love the little gymnast!! And I totally agree! There was that article in the Ensign awhile ago that even talked about sharing the gospel...THROUGH BLOGS!!! Loved that part! I totally agree! Share your testimony, as my P.blessing states, "with all you come in contact with." Go for it Devri!!

Ane said...

Look how cute she is with her pose! Love this post! SO glad you didn't forget the kids! I think I have almost done that...jk! Loves to all!

Jessie said...

I agree with you about the testimony thing. I think one of the last conferences they urged us to get online.. youtube, blogs, forums, etc. And share the gospel and our testimonies with people. It's such a great opportunity to share that with people.

Jessie said...

Oh, and congrats to your adorable little gymnast! I bet she's so proud!! That's awesome!

Renee said...

Look at that excellent form!!! Love that picture.

Karyn said...

OMW...that is one awesome athlete...Congratulations to your sweetie pie :) And to you mom!

I agree with you, and I salute you for standing up...your testimony is yours and yours alone, no one has the right to tell you how to live it. We are the conviction that leads others :)

Hugs
Karyn

palmtreelover said...

Isn't it wonderful seeing you children so happy...way to make it happen MOM:)
Thanks for the sweet thoughts you send my way..we will meet someday

nikkicrumpet said...

Congrats to your adorable little nugget and her medal. She looks so proud and rightly so! And I'm stunned that someone from the church would tell you not to share your testimony. That just leaves me speechless. Isn't that what our missionaries do every day? And if you can't share how you feel about things on your own blog...then what's the point? I'm proud of you!

The Mom said...

Absolutely you should share your testimony with everyone! Don't let her get you down. You are doing the right thing.

Tara D. said...

Way to share your testimony! Love it!!! And how awesome that your daughter received a medal, I bet you were so proud. :)

Melissa P said...

I am glad your daughter did good at her meet.
I totally agree with you on the testimony thing. I don't share mine often enough. Too bad for the person that feels that way.

Anonymous said...

Our testimonies can and should be shared with everyone. I think the "emailer" needs to learn the religion a little better. But it's ok for her/him to have their own opinion and I respect that. Congrats to the cute gymnast!

Nora said...

I am also a member of the church... I feel when I read your blog... my testimony is also strenghened.
Your doing a great thing here..
guess what I'm trying to say is... keep up the great work... you may be the only standard work a person may read...

Jamie said...

Isn't it just great to see our kids excel and get rewarded for it! Congrats on the medal. Not only can your testimony help others, but a testimony grows in the bearing of it.

SuperCoolMom said...

Sooooooo worth the sacrifices to see a child excel!

I agree that it's important to share your testimony. I try to write my testimony in posts as I feel moved to share it. Especially when I'm sharing some of the Tender Mercies that I've received from the Lord. I know that many of my other Christian Blog Friends aren't ashamed to share their love of the Lord. We too need to be open about our belief in Christ and Love of the Gospel. When we hide our light under a bushel, it only serves to further misunderstandings about the Church.

Unknown said...

Good for you! I am proud of you for sharing your testimony...you rock!

Jan said...

I am trying to catch up in blogging. So loving the gymnastic pic. So cute. Priceless for sure.

We are to be a light unto the world. Hide it under a basket NO, I'm going to let it shine. I will share mine this week sometime too. Boy, that is just a weird thing. A testimony in to be SHARED....

samiam said...

That is PRICELESS!! Love it.

tiki_lady said...

so weird! your testimony is yours to share! What a beautiful testimony you have! I love the the pics and to see her smile is and achievements is priceless!

Unknown said...

Hi! I miss you too. Your actually the only blog I have been reading lately. I know I haven't commented but I am here! I agree with you 100% on sharing testimonies!! Every member a missionary!! And what do full time missionaries do every day??Share their testimonies with everyone they possibly can!! And we should too. Church Leaders have even said.. the more you share your testimony the stronger it gets! And as for me, even though I am a member of the church and have a testimony, I really love to hear, and NEED to hear the testimonies of others. It strengthens my own testimony to hear them!
I promise I will comment more. I've been in a weird place lately. Your spiritual sunday posts keep me going! really, you have no idea how much your blog has touched my heart and given me the strength to get through the days! Friends forever!!

Nicole Marie said...

even though it was a re-enactment she looks so happy! congrats to her!

Unknown said...

To support you Dev...I am pretty sure that Elder Oaks encouraged everyone to share their testimony online.

In fact The Living Christ is the testimony of the living apostles...and it is available online and in many many homes throughout the world I am sure.

Why is it that you are always getting the drama on your blog?