Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday Memory


Oh the College days..


One night I went out with a bunch of friends, I managed a Subway back then, and had my friends meet me there after I helped closed shop.

Yeah! I was dah shadizzzle!!!
(don't be a hater for me coolness!)

I wasn't into drugsor alcohol, just boys, and crazynes. We sure did a lot of crazy things back then.

There were nights we drove to a bridge.. We climbed on this bridge...

There were train tracks on this bridge, and the excitement grew..

We held tight against the bridge, as we heard the train coming...

Hold your computer chairs......And if you need to, go to the bathroom...

AS the train raced by, we were not but 2 feet away from this train. It was the biggest rush, if you look at the photo, we would stand between the wood holding the bridge and the train tracks..

I can still hear the sounds in my head.. I can say it was better than sky diving.

But We went back after about the 3rd night, and their was something telling me not to do it..

What?! I am too cool for school, I will be OK, nothing will happen..

I continued to climb up to the bridge, and I was the first to reach the top. I looked down the tracks, nothing to be afraid of... I heard it again.. Don't do it...

OK, OK , Guys I don't feel good about this, back down, I am not doing it..

Everyone climbed down and sat at a distance away from the train..

Everyone was a bit mad at me, and I thought I was a dork..

As that train came by, our jaws dropped to the floor.

It was carrying a cart that had some poles sticking out...

I won't explain what would happen, but poles hitting you at 60 miles an hour could have not ended good.



Ummmm-

Thank you my dear Angels.. My kids and my Husband thank you also.


The end..

Just so you know,

I am not that crazy anymore,

kids do that to you!!!!

25 coments:

Family said...

ARE YOU INSANE!!! I mean, I always knew you were insane!

Pancake said...

WOW, good thing you listened to the spirit!

Anonymous said...

yowsa! I remember some of the crazy growing up stunts. I'm just glad you lived to tell about it!

Jan said...

I am grateful that the Spirit warns of dangers too. That is so scary.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! Incredible story!!! And what a wild and crazy girl you were, haha! What an awesome story about how the Spirit kept you safe, thanks for sharing that!

Cole said...

Next time you go hang out on a train bridge, let me know...I'm in! And next time I go skydiving I'm calling you. It rocks!

Don't you just love the H.G.?!?

Aquaspce said...

Sometimes, that little voice can be a tiny bit helpful :)

Sherrie said...

Happy Monday to you! I have an award for you here:

http://childresshousehold.blogspot.com/2009/03/thank-you-three-bay-b-chicks.html

tammy said...

Does your mother know you did this?

Devri said...

HA! What she doesn't know, won't hurt her right!? tee hee

Kerri said...

Oh my gosh, how scary! I don't know if I would have the guts to do it!

Melissa P said...

That is crazy! I am glad you listened to the spirit. That could have been bad.

rachel said...

What a story! I am so glad you listened :)

Kristina P. said...

Holy cow! I almost had a heart attack just reading this!!

Jamie said...

SERIOUSLY INSANE!! I was not into drugs or drinking either but I would have to been on something to try that. I know no guts, no glory... I am a chicken, I admit it!! I am so glad you listened to that prompting !!!

gigi said...

Yea, I got my internet back!!!

Golly, Miss Molly, couldn't you have found something just a little bit more dangerous?? What would you do if you caught one of your youngins doin that?? Would you give them time out or jest beat the crap out of 'em?? Now don't scare me like that anymore!!

BTW, what did the Dr. say about your tests? Are you feeling better? Hope so :)

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

You were crazy! I am so glad you listened to your Angels!!!

Leslie said...

Whoa, I have a feeling you could write a novel about your college days! That's one amazing story that you lived to tell about. You have some attentive angels (or should I say some busy angels!)

Elizabeth said...

CRAZY GIRL!! But i know what you mean. Kids do tend to calm you down! Thank goodness for them!

Ashly said...

Dev-You are one crazy girl from I-de-ho! And by the way, I actually borrowed the dress from my sister-in-law's sister. I don't own such extravagances.

Suzanne said...

Glad you listened and acted. Since I'm probably about your mother's age, I'm going to tell you


YOU'RE GROUNDED!!!

Little GrumpyAngel said...

Girl, you were crazy! But I'm glad you were sensitive to the spirit.

The Mom said...

Wow. Thank goodness you listened.

tiki_lady said...

i so understand! I used to be the biggest dare devil throw everything to the wind. It was only my life. But, as I had children and grew older life is so precious to me. I'm less reckless.
I am so glad you listened to the spirit!

Tara D. said...

Whoa! How freaky is that?!?
I bet the rush was amazing standing next to that train as it passed though; fortunately you heeded the warning to stay away that day.