Tuesday, April 21, 2009

old and wrinkly!

Someone once came to my house from my blog and asked for Devri, I stated that I was Devri...


She had thought I was Tongan..

So I guess I better put me up for everyone to see.

As you can see am Tongan,
not my body, but my soul.
summer 2008
So maybe nobody really knows me.. So I will tell..

I am 5ft 5ish...
I am 1 hundred and (cough) pounds.
I am a mother of 7 beautiful children.
May 2008

I am very huge when I am pregnant!
March 2008

I am a retired soccer player.


I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.


I am launching my own website in 2 days.


I am a multi-tasker!


I am a blog addict..


I am regretting putting my photos on here!


I am self conscious about myself.


I am a young woman in a old lady body!!!!

I look a bit different now, I have a different hair style with side swoop bangs, but I can't get myself to take my photo, when I get guts..


I shall do!!!


Now excuse me, I am going to go hide under a rock!!!!!

37 coments:

Trooper Thorn said...

You forgot to add that you are honest. That one is pretty important too.

Anonymous said...

Devri,I have that same desease, (the one that makes you not be able to spell desease (sp) right), no, but that young woman in an old lady body. But think of it this way...All of that YOUNG beauty you used to have that you can't seem to find anymore is in all those lovely beautiful babies you have given birth to over the years. Your aren't getting old you are just passing it on! What better way is there to get wrinkles than by passing your youth and beauty on to your children. (Besides I have more wrinkles than you do mine are just more stretched out than yours are).

Thanks for lifting the spirits of so many people everyday. Especially mine. You're a doll!

Nora said...

Oh my goodness.... you look beautiful.
What do you mean a young woman in an old body... NO WAY !!!
BEAUTIFUL !!!!!
Thanks for posting and have
a beautiful day ~

Pancake said...

you look beautiful!!! Funny, I also thought you were tongan!

Melissa said...

You look awesome! Its fun to finally see what ya look like so now when you are telling us stories we can picture you doing it! thanks again for your awesome Blog. YOU ROCK!

Melissa Sutton said...

Ha ha! I'm still laughing . . . funny, but I think I must've started reading your blog when there was a picture of you, cuz I never thought you were tongan, but I did wonder how you knew the language? . . . a mission, maybe? anywhoo, I think you are beautiful and very young looking for having 7 kids. . . . did you have two sets of twins BTW?

Hillary said...

You are who you are! I am loearning to love myself and show ME to those around me. Wait, they see who I am, now it's my turn!

I'm glad you stepped out of your comfort zone! Way to go!

Was this person a stalker?? kinda weird for someone to show up at your house??? want to hear about that one!

The Mom said...

You are awesome! I love pictures...I think that yours are great. Thanks for sharing!

gigi said...

Devri, did any of your babies get your beautiful blue eyes??

What you talking bout Willis?? Web site??
Tell us more!

Anonymous said...

Devri.. you are beautiful!!!!!!!

Tara D. said...

You're one hot mama, Devri! Young in an old body, pshh! Whatev!!! I've always thought you were beautiful, and take a new picture already!

Rhonda said...

Thanks for dropping in and leaving a comment. So, considering my psot was about editing...I must say I am glad you did not go and re-edit your post by taking down the pics.

You look GREAT, beautiful. 7 kids? That in and of itself is remarkable. I "only" have five. LOL We big fams have to stick together. Especially for me living here in CT!

The Alaska Coyles said...

I wish I looked like you after having 7 kids. I just look at myself after having 3 and have to hide under a rock also...scoot over please.
Thanks for your great sense of humor. You really make my day!

Kristina P. said...

YOu changed your name! I thought I had a new reader.

I'm excited to hear about your website!

Sue said...

Hey!! that first picture was in my living room!! you were so beautiful, and still are.

You think you got wrinkles? I luv each and every fine line. It means I lived thru something wonderful(or not)..

Our spirits never age! no wonder we still feel like teens inside.

susette said...

I think you are a beautiful woman! I love that you shared so much about yourself. I loved the cough remark :o that would have been my answer too. I can relate to so many things you said here ie, blog addict, multi-tasker, (gotta be with so many kids eh?), self-conscious, member of the church, 5 ft. 5 in. and feeling like a young lady in an old body. I REFUSE to grow up.

Lillian J. Banks said...

That is too funny!! I wonder what misconceptions people get from me off of my blog.
My daughter is half Native American and when she is in her full glory- Tanned up from summer- people always ask if I am her mother- becuase they aren't sure :)
(I can't believe you look that great after 7 kids!!)

Misty said...

ok, do you FEEL old????? because you are young and beautiful in those pictures!! Don't make me post a picture of my flabby/mama body to prove your wrong!!!!!!!!!! you look fabulous! i have only had two babies (one was only 3 lbs. and i barely looked pregnant) and my body is beyond recognizable! you are a hot mama! :) this was awesome. i want to do a post like this if.. ok, WHEN i lose about 30 lbs.! :) but i really like to get to know everyone with posts like these and may copy you soon! (there may not be full body shots though! :)

it is really nice to put a face on the writer!

Erin said...

I love being able to see what the person looks like who I converse with through their blogs. You are beautiful!

shauna said...

What a great thought Valorie shared. Your children are beautiful and the got it from you. Well, at least half of it.

Enjoy this stage of your life. It is a blessed time.

Jess the photographer behind the lens at JWilsonPix said...

I totally thought you were tongan too... lol.... I think you look great!! We are always our own biggest critics.... =) Thanks for sharing your great pictures... and I hope that if you really hid under a rock that at least it was air conditioned... =) Hugs!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

DEVRI!!!!!!!!!! I loved that!!! This post is LONG over due and I'm so laughing too, because I really did think you were Tongan!!!!!!!!! HAHA!! I loved seeing you! You are gorgeous, tiny, beautiful and are one hot preggo mama! No wonder you have 7!!

Kristie said...

Oh what ev!
You look super! Don't even tell me how bad you look after 7 girl, I'd totally kick but in a 'I look like cr*p' contest with you!!

Leslie said...

Huh, you're blond with blue eyes. Well, I'll be... you learn something new every day!

Unknown said...

You look beautiful! I used to think you were tongan too! You're awesome!

Steph said...

Haha! I love you Devri...
always have, always will.
:) And you are not old, you are a hottie!

P.S. I am jealous of your 7 kids...maybe my hubby would let me keep going! ...

Kerri said...

Hey, those are all great photos. Don't worry so much! I loved that post!

Cheryl Lage said...

You are a beautiful woman, inside and out...and a blessing to seven blessed children...we fellow blog addicts are blessed to "know" you!

Thank you so much for playing along with Way Back When-esday, Devri!

Jamie said...

Darn bodies, NOT staying young with our hearts and minds. I agree with everyone else, you are beautiful! I wanna see the new do. I never thought your outward appearence was tongan just your heart. I am a little freaked that someone came to your door. Your still with us so it couldn't have been that bad.

PS. I am coming your way in Oct and my camera will be ready to shoot(photograph) some very beautiful children.

Melissa P said...

Old and Wrinkly? I don't think so. You still look young, especially after having 7 kids. I had gray hair at 26 and only 3 kids. You look great!

Jan said...

Love it Devri. Love it love it. You rock Tongan gal in soul. You are simply DARLING....

I love how you put yourself out there and said some things that all of us say. Don't hide under a rock, you are worthy of openness. I love you.

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums said...

You look great!! And your children are beautiful.

I saw your comment for the tutu the other day. I was thinking a size for an 18 month old. Not sure what size that would be but I would like for her to wear it when she is walking. Thanks so much!

Ane said...

You look amazing! You are definitely Tongan! Good luck with the launch! :)

Mia said...

No need to hide Devri, you are beautiful.

tammy said...

Love all the pics. Aren't we all just a little self conscious young person stuck in an "old" body?

tiki_lady said...

I love it! so what did that blogger want? where is the post on that??

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

Okay... I'll admit...I thought you were Poly too!!! Sorry! You are beautiful and don't know WHAT You mean about being self conscious!

THe fact is...you look AMAZING and I don't believe you have 7 kids and still look that great... seriously, it has thrown me into a HUGE depression...I've only birthed TWO kids...and believe me, it hasn't been nice to this body!!!