Saturday, April 25, 2009


What a wonderful Sunday it shall be.....


Sometimes I wake up crabby.. My soul is ugly, my tone is mean, and my husband knows it, and my poor children sense it.

I really can't stand days like this, it is not a fun day..

Baby's cry more, toddlers are a bit more naughty, children are more crabby like their mother, and my tween goes quiet.

At the end of the day my heart breaks in bed. I pray and sob to my Heavenly Father and ask his forgiveness, sometimes I feel like a broken record..


Why do I do this.. Why can't I just be happy?

What brought on this horrible day..

I stopped and try to think why things were going the way they were, I couldn't figure it out.

Until one day I forgot to start my morning off with a prayer.

Then I knew.

If we as mothers pray to our Father in Heaven before we start our day, if we ask for strength, courage and patience,

Our attitude will change.

Find good in the bad, find happiness in the sad, and be courageous when you feel week.

Your husband will see the change in our homes and our children will be happier

because happiness is contagious, spread it won't ya!

...................................................................

Sunday Challenge for me this week-

Wake up before children get up, read scriptures and pray so I can strive to be the best mom I can be.


Wont you join in?!!

14 coments:

susette said...

I certainly am going to try. Why is it so easy to get crabby even when I don't have little kids causing it? I like your advice my friend. Thanks ☼

Kristina P. said...

I hope you have a great Sunday, Devri!

Jamie said...

YES... I learned I have to get out of bed before evryone else and really be awake in order to face the day on the right foot.I usually sneak into the office read scriptures and pray there. It does help Soooooooo much. I just love these Sunday posts keep em comin.

Melissa said...

WOW my saturday was one of those days too! It is so amazing how the mother does set the tone in the house! I am the first to admit that I lack in the prayer department but I am up for a challenge! That is a great idea and im off to put it to work! Thanks!

Hillary said...

i have been there. even if iforget in the am... anytime helps, too. sometimes the pressure of being happy and cheerful has been too much to handle. i've found new ways to handle that. a time out for me always helps!

tiki_lady said...

definitely a day starterd with prayer goes much better

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

I do this all the time... And I have to literally stop myself and try to turn it all around... Pray WOULD be an easy way to do that!

hoLLy said...

i have SOOOOoooooo many days like this. . .thanks for the inspirational message. there are days that would've been so much better for me if i had just prayed.

Kristie said...

I have been on a wonderful schedule for the past month! It makes a world of difference! Good luck.
Love, K

Melissa P said...

Great challenge! How true that our days our different when we get those things in. I will definitely try. Thanks for the inspiration.

Liz said...

Sunday's are very hard. I think it's because we want it to be perfect. I think sometimes my husband is the biggest kid. Sacrament meeting can be so torturous!

Hope you had a great day
liz

Anonymous said...

Devri-i-i, did you sneak over here and spy on me when I wasn't looking?

Sue said...

You know what to do!

Our days always go better if we invite the spirit and ask for help!

great reminder♥

Renee said...

You're right.