Friday, July 17, 2009

Don't drive your car into houses PLEASE!!!!

As bad as I think I have it, people have worse luck... see.....



And As bad as I think I have it, their are worse off than me......

Although I feel pain, I guarantee others are feeling worse.....


So When my kids are crying for me to hold them, and I can't. Or when I see a mess and can't clean it up. Or when I feel like going somewhere and I can't.

I remember that Heavenly Father does not give us anything we cannot handle... ugh... I wish I couldn't handle this.. I feel bad, I ruined my kids summer. My oldest have stepped up and are now the mothers. Their is more cooking and cleaning on their plates, and my little ones don't get why mommy can't hold them and walk with crutches at the same time... ugh!

I am trying to be upbeat, I really am, I went to bed last night, I was hot, my foot was even hotter, I just wanted to scream.


But I know this too shall pass, and that I will heal again completely. My Stake President gave me a blessing, and he said in it, that he PROMISED I would... So don't worry about me, sorry these posts are about my dumb foot.. I will get off my "feel bad for me" next week, when I start to feel better hopefully!

Do you want to see the slide who broke my foot?


It is straight down, and although it isn't as tall as the tower of terror, it is fast and furious. And ONLY HAS 3 1/2 feet of water to fall into.... ugh..

I still haven't the guts to call the pool. I know I need to...

what do I say to them? How do I go about it?

This is where you come in......


You smart cookies you......


So this is what I am working on today.... Smiling!!!

And trying to figure out how many hands make up this.....
I think 14 right?


PS, if you know the name or where this slide is, please don't write the name of it in your comments. I like to be hidden... lol thanks.

17 coments:

Hillary said...

you have to call the pool. they need to know. it is no big deal for them to file a claim with their insurance policy. YOU HAVE THAT RIGHT!

after i broke my leg at the ice skating place :), the rink decided they should start having people sign waivers to skate. I don't think that was a coincidence. do this for your self and for the safety of others. you can do it.

they should've at least had you fill out an incident report. there has to be insurance at pools and skating rinks! do it, do it today! as your friend, i'm saying just do it. call them today. you will feel accomplished and like you have done something for yourself.

you would do it for your kids, right!

Karyn said...

I agree with Hillary sweetie.....please call them once things are settled down. As for the guilt.....my Mom told me this piece of advice....you do for your family every day, and this is a chance for them to feel that they are able to return the favor....even the littles will feel good about helping out....and I do believe that is what family is all about. :)
As for ruining their summer...fuhgetaboutit, by the time next summer rolls around this will be in the past :)

Hang in there kitten :)
Karyn

Kori said...

You so need to call the pool and you need to do it soon.

Don't worry about the house and all that stuff it'll still be there when you get better.

Tara D. said...

I'm afraid that if you wait too long to contact the pool, it may be more difficult to be compensated. I'd say something, and say it soon. And I hope you get to feeling better, I really do.

Melissa P said...

I have not even got to try that slide. They won't let my little ones on it. Maybe it sounds like a good thing I haven't tried it though. I think that if their water isn't deep enough you should contact them, especially if you know that. Save someone else from having the same thing from happening and hopefully yourself a lot of medical bills.

mCat said...

Get foot better NOW

Stacie S-H said...

Wish I knew where you lived (if you were in az) so i could come help you out! Def contact the pool ASAP. Dont let much more time go by or it will be too late!! I hope your foot heals fast

Cheryl Anne said...

Get better Dev! That means taking it easy and resting! Like others said, let others help. What goes around comes around, and it should!

Cheryl Lage said...

So sorry to hear about your foot! I agree with the others, they need to know...not that you plan to threaten them, but that perhaps they need to put up some more warning signs! (and paying your med costs would be nice!)

Feel better, Devri!

Cynthia said...

Hang in there! The stuff with the kids is the hardest part. Wish I were closer and could help out a little.

While you're making hard calls, call your RS people. There have to be some friends in the ward who can help out a little right now. Don't try and do it all alone.

Kerri said...

You should contact the pool and ask tehm to pay for your bills etc. If they will not and you know the guidelines for a pool aren't met you should find a lawyer. DOn't feel bad for talking about your foot a lot. I mean, really what more do you have to think about? I'm sorry you are having to go through this. Please let me know if you need anything at all.

Kristie said...

I agree with Hillary too! You need to take action on this, not just because of the money you shouldn't be dishing out for this, but because others could get hurt too!
Take Bioplasma (you can find it at most health food stores) it speeds up the healing mega fast - and natuaraly...
Love, K

Renee said...

I would call, if nothing else, to make sure they're aware and other people don't get hurt.

ps. This is a great post.

Jan said...

Such a bummer. I just wish I could come and wabble with you and cheer you up.

My sister in law went and did the same thing. And a lady in the ward broke her arm. What is going on here?

Everyone don't move.

gigi said...

Yep 14 is what I counted too.
Hang in there sweetie. You can do this. Those girls need the experience of helping and learning what you do. It will help your family appreciate you more.
Prayers for wuick healing.

Jamie said...

CAll the slide people!!! They have a responsibility to provide a safe enviroment for all. Thank heavens for a great blessing. They always bring me comfort.Wish I were close enough to bring u a yummy feel better treat.

Cheryl Lage said...

Devri!
You won! Email me your address and I'll send your copy of the "The Mom's Book!"