Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Once Upon a Time


Once upon a time... Their lived a mom with 7 children. They lived happily and joyfully staying home while the dad went to work day in and day out, 2 jobs morning and night. This mom loves to stay home with her children and thinks that their is nothing more important.


Then one day the economy hit this family hard, you see the dad was a contractor in the day time and owned his own business, and was a painter at night time with a great company who slowly has dwindled off. You see this poor family has felt the hits before, with the company blowing up, and the cancer, but this time is worse than any other time.


No money to pay the bills, but some how the lord has helped them pay them.. They never give up hope, and the lord knows that if they turn to him, he will turn to them. But this year is different, they can pay their bills but were struggling to find money to eat and buy diapers.

This almost broke the dad, you see he loves to be able to provide for his family and it broke his heart they were struggling so hard.


One day in a castle far away a dear friend came to the mom and asked if she would like to work part time for this lady.. The mom didn't even think twice.. No... but then she kept getting a voice come to her head... Work, it will be ok.. She ignored the voice, you see it would kill her to leave her children those children are the world to this mom. But the voice came louder, work, it will be ok. She finally listened and applied for a position to work part time.


She started work as her husbands work shut down for awhile, you see their is now snow, and they night time job has no work for them until the new year if not longer.


The day the mom went into her interview, they told her she was hired. This poor mom walked out of the University crying.. Not because she was excited she has a job, but she was sad she wouldn't get to be with her children she swore she'd never leave.


She cried for days, sometimes she wouldn't go to sleep worrying about her little ones.. Who would take care of them? who would take them were they need to be? who would help them? Who would hold them when they cried for their mama?


This mom is a working mom now, she wakes up daily at 5am, gets ready for work, wakes the kids up at 6 so their hair can be done before mom leaves for work in the morning. The good thing is that dad babysits and can help out, but that doesn't take away the pain, the guilt of leaving my children. She loves to blog but really hasn't done much of it lately because she is just so tired doing the Gifts of Hope Program and working and trying to manage the family life along with the working life.


don't get her wrong, she is thankful to have this job, and thankful my husband is taking care of them, and really she is a happy girl on the outside, and she would never tell you she is hurting.. She is stubborn like that :D


Someone told her the other day that "she needs to work, but that is not her place and so she is staying home.. She wishes that was the case, it is not that they aren't doing what they are suppose to be doing, they are not spending unwisely, and they are not making a bad choice. This just needs to be for a short time, and it shall to pass, but for now, she will need your friendship, and your strength.. but don't let her know, don't let her know I told you this story...


But you see, their will be happy ending I promise for this family, their will be light at the end of the tunnel, and do you know that they are a closer family than they ever have been before, the relationship between the husband and wife, have grown, and the mom has taken a step back and rethought about the time with the children, to Cherish each moment she has with them, she has realized that things that were so important to get done, aren't so important, but the time and the talking with her children is the most important thing on this earth.


And this mom promises to cherish the friendships I have on blogger. All my friends here I miss so, who probably don't come around anymore. But she will be back full force and I ... Oops she has some posts up her sleeve.....



So if you made it through this whole post.. you get a gold star.. Sorry I am so blah and boring today.. I will be my old self soon


k hugs

24 coments:

Family said...

And they will live happily ever after... Love you

Nora said...

((( HUGS ))), ((( HUGS )))and
more ((( HUGS )))..and
of course we will all still be around.
Just so you know... you are a real inspiration to me and everyone else

tammy said...

I'm sorry. I know it's hard. I worked for about 8 years when my kids were babies and I really wanted to be home with them.

Renee said...

Devri, it's OK. There's a time for everything and Heavenly Father knows what's in your heart. You're a wonderful mom, and not boring in the least!!!!

CaryManda said...

hugs and prayers to you my friend.

Lene said...

And she had to know that her bloggy friends would always be there for her with love and support.

You are amazing!

Ane said...

We love Devri & her Tribe!

Liz said...

Thinking about you!! keep your spirits high.. We love you

Mia said...

It will be ok. You and your family will get through this. There will come a day when you can be at home again with those kiddos. I know it isn't where you want to be, but you will be blessed for being where you are supposed to be.

Kristina P. said...

You are serving your family in a different way now. It will be OK!

Stacie S-H said...

Love you and your family even though I dont know you and we have never met. Well, I just "know" you thru your blog. Things will work out, Im so glad you listened to the voice. Its hard but you are strong and have the strength to make it thru this trial. You guys are in my prayers!

The 4-Crows Blog said...

Love you girl, and remember the ones who love you will always come around and support you!

shauna said...

You are strong, your man is strong and your kids are strong. You WILL make it.

mCat said...

The prophet said to do your best. Make sure it's your very best. That is all that is asked for.

Your doing your very best. It's gonna all work out in the end

hoLLy said...

oh devri, this post made my heart ache for you:( i'm so sorry things are so so rough. i wish i lived near you and could help in some way! and don't feel guilty, you are doing what you have to do. you aren't doing anything wrong. you are an amazing woman that i truly look up to! keep on keepin on! the Lord will bless you for always being so faithful and strong. i hope you know i think about you and love you!

Nikia, May and da kids said...

Everyone goes through those trials and it too shall pass. Here's a scripture that works for me every time as I promise it will for you as well:

"There is a divine purpose in the adversities we encounter every day. They prepare, they purge, they purify, and thus they bless." James E. Faust

I lost alot of negative extended family members and it was hard, but I chose what our Heavenly Father would want for me and my house. It took me a while, but I finally got on board and listened to the Spirit moving me in a direction I found painful, but now I see it was necessary.

In the end, it works out when you just follow. God bless and you have gorgeous kids.

May
check us out sometime

rachel said...

Beautiful story...beautiful blogger...beautiful tender mercies. Thank you for sharing this and may the Lord continue to bless you and your family, Devri!!

Jamie said...

OH Devri, what a hard decision to have to make. You are an amazing Mother and wife and I am sure you will be blessed!! You are doing what is best for your family and that is what matters most!! Here behind you 100% ((HuGS))

gigi said...

I think we are all going through a lot of different changes. And I didn't vote for the President who wanted to make all these changes either. Hany in there Dah-lin. Stay a float. Prayers.

Kaci said...

I know how hard it is!! XOXO

tiki_lady said...

there is no shame in working and helping your family out. This is what is needed. You do what you have to do. Your heart is in the right place and your children will be blessed and appreciate you more.

Lillian J. Banks said...

*hugs* and prayers.

Kerri said...

Devri, We have hardly talked in a long time! We are both too busy. I haven't even been reading much in blogland lately (or writing). I didn't know you were working everyday now. I'm sure it's hard, but don't feel bad. The kids are with their Dad. Be thankful for the job! I'm here for you.

Unknown said...

I can somewhat understand as I have had to work before too and it doesn't matter how good a dad is, they just aren't mom.

But, God knows what he is doing and I know that you listen to Him.

And that is all that really matters when it comes to raising your kids.

Kisses and hugs. and a wish for some extra stolen sleep thrown your way.