Thursday, February 25, 2010

And it continues-Kono's turn

And I thought I have seen it all....


I am wrong again.


Me and Maka took Kono to the Doctor today to get xrays and to see if his cast can come off. They took him in right away to the casting room, cut off that stinky thang. We all chuckled when It came off, their were 3 pennies stuck to his leg. I laughed because one day around a week ago, I was lying down, and lifted up my cast in the air, and coins fell out! We must be a rich family! lol

They then took him in for xrays. came back and put it on the puter. I was over with KOno so I didn't see it, but the nurse, showed my husband the xrays.

The Doc finally came in, asked ME how my foot was feeling, and I said fine, but I am not your patient! lol he turned and looked at Kono and said.. oh.. I saw your crutches and I thought I was seeing you...

What? lol


He looked at the xray and told us that it is healing! NOT healed but healing. You can still see the break, usually when breaks are healing, you see white, as in the bone growing together. But- on his you couldn't really see the white, only bone regrowing on the front and back of the bone. a sliver of a bone.(docs words)

He then went on to say that he is at a risk for re breaking it for the next 2 to 3 weeks. He told us that he will be able to walk a bit, but we will have to carry him around pretty much for the next 2 to 3 weeks.

WHAT? Did he not see my crutches!!!!!!

He then went on to say that although he is not healed that he THINKS he will be ok without a cast on it. Just remember to not let him run, jump, twist or HE WILL re break the newly sliver of bone.

I sat their in awe! I expressed my concerns that he is a very active, bold, and daring little 1 year old. He follows his big bro around and that I was concerned for this happening...


His answer.............


Well your going to need to set some rules aren't you!


REALLY? Set rules for a 1 year old, who doesn't sit still, and a mom who bleepin' can't walk herself..



ummmmmmm Ok!


So we came home and he was asleep, when he woke up, we rushed to the church, He wouldn't get down on his leg at all, and quite frankly I didn't care.

But when we got home, I sat him down, and he stood up on his leg. took 2 steps and buckled over. screamed for about an hour and then fell asleep.

This morning he will not walk on it one bit, I understand that joints are sore when casts come off, it is not like this..

I begged the Orthopedic Surgeon to cast him back up for 2 weeks, he said..


Just watch him carefully, and if he runs, falls,etc.. bring him right in...




I am starting to lose faith in the Doctors around here.





Btw- Me and him, are seeing 2 completely different docs in two different cities...



Who wants to make a guess, a bet??????


I bet we end up back in the Doc office with a re break...

YOu just can't strap a baby down.


Hoi


Such is my life.. And I am telling you what! I am so agitated, irritated with all of this, I am about ready to scream. WAIT!-----------------





Already did!

15 coments:

mCat said...

You have to find a new doc for Kono.

That is ridiculous

Tara D. said...

Um yeah, I agree with M-Cat, get another doc. He sounds like an idiot!

Kristina P. said...

I agree with Melissa. He is 1!! He needs a cast.

Jillene said...

How in the he!! do you set rules for a 1 year old?! Who in the he!! are these Dr's?! He needs a cast or it will NEVER heal.

Stacie S-H said...

this dr. obviously has never had a 1 yr old of his own! Find a new Dr!

gigi said...

I thought I heard screaming this morning or no was it yesterday??
Prayers and ((HUGS))

Krissy said...

WHAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?!??!! Rules don't WORK for one year olds! They don't even work for 2 or 3 year olds half the time! I can't believe he was too cheap or too lazy (maybe both) to put a lighter cast or SOMETHING on Kono's foot! I would be losing faith in those doctors too if it were me.... I don't even know what to say about all that. Just ... HOLY MOTHER OF PEARL!!!

sues2u2 said...

If you were close to Tucson I'd send you to the Ortho Institute there. They have an awesome Peds Ortho Surgeon who put pins in my daughter's arm after a quack set it wrong.

You have All of my empathy & sympathy!

tiki_lady said...

bring him back tomorrow, or today and say he ran, he fell and now he won't walk at all! CAST THIS THING and if you won't I want a second opinion, and call one of his collegues in. Because if it breaks, you are the one who has to put up with a one year old for another duration. Do it right, the first time, they may not have to deal with him every day but you do, and if you do then that means, you will be seeing my not so smiling face right here, at your office possibly holding a picket sign. How's that for publicity? LOL, I so feel for ya Dev. Prayers for both of you! This trial has got to end.

hoLLy said...

i agree with mother goose. lie. lie like you've never lied before. what is up with your doctors? they all sound like stupids. has that dude never had a child before? you can't stop a one year old boy from running around!!

so sorry devri:(

Kristie said...

That stinks! Find a new Doc! You also might want to invest in casting materials....

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Do this dude have children??? Strapping down a 1 year old is like strapping down a bull. Impossible. Poor little guy. I hope he heels fast!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sorry...I really hate drs that are stupid! I had to make the rounds with Gavin for his hearing aids. And the last dr, found out he didn't need them. He wore them for 6 YEARS! When we took them off for a good week his speech sky rocketed!

Renee said...

Huh? His doctor must not have any little boys.

Scream, Devri, scream. It's OK, you'll feel better.

Lillian J. Banks said...

That ticks me off- I have a one year old- ther is NO way she would be okay without a cast and she is not very rambunctious! Seriously- move over to UTah and I will take of your kids while you sleep!