Wednesday, March 30, 2011

It's the little things in life!


That make the Big things worth it. Sometimes you just gotta look in the dark for the light, and today I have found it.


For those who do not Face book, Keilani had her face smashed inside a heavy metal door last week, and has multiple injury's to her face including a broken jaw.


We are struggling to come to terms with the whole thing, well at least I am. My husband is the most laid back dude you will ever meet, and so it is really just me who is so irate..Until yesterday his opinion changed.


We are struggling to get the truth from people and you all know how it makes one feel when the truth is not told. blah


But in the midst of my trial, in the midst of the darkness, I continue to see light.. For instance I am so thankful for my Keilani and her strength and knowledge, she makes me a better person because of it.


2ND- Today Elaiasi and Kono have non stop humor to help me find mine again.


We were outside playing and I went to get on the tramp, when Elaiasi yells "Mom, umm I wouldn't do that if I were you, you might break our trampoline"... I laughed and said your right son.


Elaiasi- Well on the other hand get on and get some exercise, move your arms up and down, (I did) He screams.. NO mom, when you do jumping jacks you will get skinny, then daddy won't love you anymore.


It is in times of trial, strive to find the little things in life that will take your mind out of the pit of trial. It is not easy, in fact I still am struggling, but it will come, and then the sun will shine once again.


Like it does always, and then it will be time for another trial. We take it in strides, that is all we can do. Have faith that the Lord knows what he is doing.. Oh boy does he!


I will win this, we will win this, and move onto the next.


Christian Soldiers... ONwArD Ho!



...........................

Yes, I am shocked I blogged too :)


Take care my friends.. And thank you for your thoughts and prayers


Ofa lahi atu

16 coments:

Kristina P. said...

I've been keeping you guys in my prayers. This is so crazy.

grumpy said...

I have kept your names in the Temple here.
You are the Star in the night for many many people who follow you.
Here and Facebook..
You are a STRONG woman.. God bless you my friend.

Maecy said...

Loves to you and your fam :)

Jamie said...

Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. The Lord knows you are strong. I am amzed at what he sends your way and more amazed at how you handle it.((hugs))

Jillene said...

Seriously--aren't you glad for funny kids?! I am glad they could make you laugh at such a low time. You are a great mom and so many people are praying for you and your family. You will get through this!!

Hesses Madhouse said...

Yay! I'm so glad you blogged! I mentioned you in a post yesterday. Your husband and mine are two peas in a pod. Hope she's doing better. Yay for cute, funny kids!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I am so sorry! You are in my prayers!

Your kids that make you laugh.....what a blessing.
Hugs to you.

tammy said...

Wish you weren't going through this. Hope she heals quickly and that the truth comes out and you are blessed with what you need.

XO

Erin said...

I have been thinking about you and praying for your sweet family. I wish you the very best!

hoLLy said...

your poor sweet girl. prayers for all of you!!! i wish i could go kick that girls butt that did this to her! kick it reeeeel hard!!!!

Saimi said...

It's the simple things...I love the cute little things kids say.

Sorry about your daughter, I can't even imagine what that must be like for you and her...so sad.

Will definitely be praying for her!

TisforTonya said...

I've been so impressed with your ability to stay strong and upbeat for your kids - prayers will continue to come your way - wish there was something more to do!!!

Mikki said...

Oh my gosh Devri. This is so crazy/scary. I've been so out of the loop, but I saw your post on FB today about how much weight she's lost. Senidng my prayers your way. Hope she gets better real soon.

Unknown said...

Prayer and Hugs.. And hey, look at you.. You blogger!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Seriously, you've had a crazy month girl! I keep updated on your FB posts and I can't believe it. Here's to hoping for LOTS of good times ahead. :)

Elisa said...

My SIL is the school psychologist for the Canyons school district. She said she would be MORE than happy to talk with you and help you get a plan of action in place so that this never happens to another child again.

xo