Monday, March 10, 2008

Just a little whining


So this is the first time in 7 pregnancies, that I can't sleep at night time. I sleep on one side, wake up with a lot of pain on my hips, go to the other side, and the same thing. Has anyone had this or am I just too fat for my hips? I am struggling every night, not to mention Elaiasi still is waking up about 3 times a night, with that I am in soo much trouble with a newborn coming real soon. I am still 5 weeks away from due date, and I think I am going to go crazy... Not that I am ready to be done with this pregnancy, but just sooo uncomfortable this time around. Oh well, I have really low iron still, I really don't know how to get it up, the medicine is not covered by IHC and it is 270.00 a bottle, I am taking (don't laugh) Flintstones vitamins with iron in it, but guess it is not working. does anyone know if it is dangerous to the baby to have it, or to me at birth. I know that you lose blood at birth, but is it dangerous, to the baby also?? Enough about me, Lavinia asked Maka today "daddy- whose side will you be on today" He had a confused expression on his face and said " what do you mean whose side," she said "you know whose side will you follow today?" The Lords side, or Satan's side? So let's all remember that it doesn't matter how old the child is, we can always learn from them, And hopefully we can all choose to be on the Lords side today and everyday.

4 coments:

Mrs. Morty said...

That's awesome! (the who's side are you on today part) Leave it to your kids to keep you on the straight and narrow!!

Unknown said...

raise your iron: start out with 1-2 T of liquid chlorophyll each day. if you don't feel a difference in your energy level after a couple of days, use floradix liquid iron supplement 2-4 tsp a day. this was like a miracle cure at the end of my pregnancy when my iron was low. still, if i take one or the other mid-day i can usually get by without a nap. get these at health essentials or call me and ill bring you some to try.
love sarah millington typing one handed

Unknown said...

I had the same hip pain while I was pregnant and I found that sleeping on my back, propped up with pillows was the most relief on my sore hips. I even had to sleep on the recliner a few nights in the last week. You will make it. By now you are a pregnancy pro!

Kristie said...

Have you tried a body pillow? Sometimes that can help. I have found the molasses is a great source of iron, if you can handle downing a Tbs or two, see what happens. Stay on top of your leafy greens, eggs, almonds, avocados. Those are some good natural sources.