Thursday, May 8, 2008

I AM CRAZY!!!!!!!!

Well, well, I think I have fell off the boat, my last post I asked if I was crazy, but now I know,I AM. Aanya is in a school choir, and tonight was her program. I was going to take the little kids to grandma's but Maka insisted that he was going to wake up and come, (note- that man has only had two hours of sleep from last night and today.) I surely knew better to think actually he was going to wake up after only 15 minutes of the nap.. Oh well, such is life, so I was at this performance with 7 children, I count Aanya in that too, because I had to watch her also, and film her. Well It started out fine, then BAM!! It hit me hard.. One started to cry, then another. I hurried and picked up Elaiasi and Leila, and Leila had fell and hit her head.(by the way, that is a normal in our house, ya know, the hitting your coconut thing, even once our Katalina fell out a grocery basket and broke her skull, when she was three, and yes, she almost died.. Back to the story, OK so I was holding Eli and holding the camera, not so bad right? Well Kono woke up, and when that kid wakes up, there is his life at stake, he is so frail and skinny, if that boy doesn't eat right away, he'll surely die, OK maybe not, but he sure acts like it. so one in one hand, one in the other, camera in the hand that is holding Kono, and my 4 year old comes again crying, had just stepped on her toe. Now people are surely looking by now, and I could feel the eyes, no hands to help, just big eyes.. Then all of the sudden the speakers turn off, everyone is looking around to see what had happened, yep, my 5 year old accidentally tripped over the cord.. My face was red by that point, although holding my one year old was doing that on my own. The principal told me afterwards, "boy you have beautiful kids, but you sure have your hands full, well she nailed that one hands down. Maka called my from work, and said he sure felt horrible for missing the program and I said "yea, I felt horrible too," he said " did you feel like crying too,?? YES I DID I will never take 7 children out of the house again by myself, OK your right, It will happen again and then again....





So now that my boo hoo story is over, the program was really cute. And of course my child was the cutest :} The program was centered around old time TV shows and commercials, funny that I couldn't think of any, until, they sang them, then all the memories just started poring in...So this video, is very shaky, don't hate, I had 2 babys in my arms remember. This video is dedicated to my new friend Renee Wwm. You rock!!! And the other is dedicated to my cool sister Chelsea... Enjoy



I have always wanted a Tongan with blue eyes... take a close look, she normally has almost black eyes, with the help of photoshop, don't look too closely, I am horrible at photoshop, but that's not the point...

9 coments:

Family said...

Thanks for the shout out to me eith the binky! Your life will be sane with the binky I promise. Aanya will be the next Idol,Luvi will be the next model and Leila looks as crazy as one of those freaky movies! JK Love ya

Kristie said...

Oh Devri, I wish I could have been there!! (To help- not just to watch!) Hey out of 7 kids I have NO blue eyes - none! Scott whips one out on his first try! So not fair, lots of pretty green and browns and ones in between though.
By the way, I just stay home now and send out one of the older kids with the camcorder - they film better anyway! Someday you'll have that luxery.

Mia said...

Dang! I wish someone would have offered to help. Love the video. It was really cute.

Cheryl Anne said...

You are one brave woman! I don't go out of the house outnumbered if I can help it. Hubby is much better at that than I am. He'll take all of em! I only do that when its life or death! Taking them all out is too tramatic, LOL.

Becky said...

Well, Hun, bless you! You're so brave. And amazing. Go with your gut next time and send kids to Grandma's! :)

Jessie said...

Happy Mother's Day Devri! You are so brave! I would have come and held a kiddie or two on my lap for ya if I could have. All of these frustrated mom stories will be fun to read someday... maybe not any time soon, but someday! :D You're awesome for making it to the concert with all the kids (and a new baby at that), filming your sweet daughter and then having the time to get it up on a blog. How do you do it? (I feel like I'm always saying that to Chelsea too... it must be genetic!)

Brenda said...

You are crazy! Going to the grocery store with only 3 kids scares me.

Renee said...

Your kids are the cutest! Look at those eyes.

Cole said...

I have a rough time with two when my hubby is MIA. I'm amazed that you can do it with seven. Actually, I'm jealous I wish I could handle that and maintain sanity!