Friday, May 30, 2008

Who's the Pig?



In the Tongan culture, they eat just about anything they can round up. From pig to horse to dog, my friend just jot back from the Island and she had even eaten turtle.. Pretty sweet huh!! I have eaten them all except for the dog, and the turtle, and my children's favorite is the horse(ho'osi). I remember one time they were cooking' pigs and they had them in a cage in the back of the house, my children playing with pigs before their fate in life.. pretty weird to think of it that way, and I am sure my kids had no Idea that their pets were about to be dinner..

I remember for our wedding that they cooked a million pigs, good husband, they were up all night and morning cooking the yummy things, I won't mention that he was late for his own wedding because of it, Oops, did I just say that,,,don't tell..

I was on the Internet tonight looking for something and I came across this photo of this monster pig,thought to myself, hmmm wonder where I could get us one of those for Kono's Blessing. I know I'm bad, but i'ts GOOD!!

7 coments:

Family said...

Holy cow... I mean pig! Is that real?
Please don't tell me you ate Mr. Ed!

Brenda said...

I can't get over the horse and dog. Pig I can handle though.

Becky said...

LOL!!!! When's his blessing????
So, looking at Chels's comment, my kids were in the van today saying "Holy Cow, Holy Car Seats, Holy...." (just about anything they could think of). Just then, Camille bursts out, "Holy GHOST!" Hilarious...

Amy said...

Hi! You came over to my blog and left a comment and then I came over to yours... I left a comment on your rules post...funny...I enjoyed it!

Cole said...

I LOVE PIG! I lived in Hawaii for the first 8 years of my life and, man can they cook over there. My grandma lived on the island for over 20 years and picked up alot of recipies to add to our family's cook book. Kalua Pig is one of my favs!! All that salty, smokey goodness, who could refuse!

The other you ask? It would have to be my family's recipie for Shoyu Chicken....developed by my said grandma and a friend while she was living on the island. The best you will ever have. If you're interested in the recipie, just ask I'll give it to you. What's the point in making amazing food if you can't share it with others?!?

Unknown said...

I don't know if that pig would be big enough to feed your whole extended Tongan family...my Samoan companion taught me on my misson that all Polynesian people will tell you that they are cousins, even if they aren't...especially tongans.

I love the polynesian culture...If I could just figure out a way to have some little poly babies and still live the law of chasity!

palmtreelover said...

I cannot believe that is a pig Holy Shabang.