Monday, June 2, 2008

What A Blessing!!!!


The time has came and went to have our 7Th child blessed his name will be forever
MOHEKONOKONO LATU NAULU

Let me give a run down on this special day of his.

We went shopping with all nine of us, to the grocery store, to Sam's Club, to Shopko, and went to a "eat" for a graduation. When we had gotten home It was about 10, and then took groceries in, carried 5 out of the 7 children to their beds. I got a big hair up you know where and decided to put highlights in my hair for the big day. ( a note, I don't let anyone touch my hair since my last 2 traumatic episodes of salon disasters. The first was a horrible color job, and the second was like a 3rd grader cut it, and so I went to another to fix it, and ended up with a boy short cut..) So I have been letting my hair grow out, since Last August, haven't touched it, not a cut, not anything. So anywho, finally finished my hair about 2 in the morning, because I bought a highlighter that I had to pull my hair through a cap, and it was all fine and dandy until I got to the back section of my hair. Let me ask, who the crap designed this, you even with a mirror, you have to be like Houdini, to get that done in the back, so I had to wake up Maka to help finish it.

So baby wasn't feeling well and woke up about 3 times that night, and on the 4Th time it was time to get up,(for me anyways). Decided that I was going to attempt to style this mop that I have, and It took about and hour, not cuz I am a perfectionist, cuz baby kept crying, then at that point realized that he must be sick. I then made breakfast, gave baths, did hair, ironed clothes, did hair, nursed, baby still crying, bathe the baby, feed baby, did more hair, prepared the diaper bags, and nursery bag.(Yes, I am the Nursery Leader.)

It was about 11am when baby finally dosed off and I threw him in the car seat hoping he would stay asleep, made lunch, got dressed, re-did my hair, put on make up, and we cruised out the door, Wait stop!!! Nobody put on lotion, get back out of the car, put on lotion, and then finally off to church.

Kono was blessed with another baby, and so the room was filled. I am thankful for my husband who was worthy to give my son a wonderful blessing. Kono stayed asleep until they called for him, took him out of the car seat, and as soon as his blessing was over, started screaming again.

In nursery class, my other son was hitting all the kids, he is a monster, and we have created him, that is what I am afraid of. All the parents and helpers in their think we beat our child. He defiantly is a Tongan and a boy.. What a great combination. Kono was screaming for the whole nursery, all the kids were crying because of Elaiasi, so finally I couldn't take it anymore, I had to kick my own son out of the class for the day.

When church was over Kono continued to fuss and cry for the rest of the day until about 12 midnight, then finally went to sleep.. I was so thankful for that day to be over!!!!

Don't get me wrong, out of this horrible day came such a wonderful blessing, I think Satan tries very hard to make our lives very difficult before a temple marriage, blessing, or baptism,( or maybe it's cuz I have a not so normal family.) I am thankful for my husband, and his commitment to this church, he said the most awesome blessing, and their was not a dry eye in the crowd. And I am also thankful for the patience that I have to bear all of this kayos in my household. I never said I can handle it, just that I have enough patience not to strangle them all.. I also want to thank everyone who could come out, and I truly missed my side out here, but I know times are hard for you all and hope we can reunite again soon.

There wasn't much photo op with everything going on, and besides someone, -not saying any names-, forgot the camera, the only ones we got of Kono, was when he was fussing and crying, so there not great, but I did manage to get a photo of Kono's Tongan scowl. That in it self, is priceless.. And I decided to put this photo of me and Kono, so that everyone can see how fat I am so I will want to do something about this sad situation. So please do me a favor and tell me that you love my double chin, so I will take my face out of the fridge.. Thanks



16 coments:

Brenda said...

What a pretty baby! But I have to comment on the laundry post from before. My Sister-in-law has a Duet and it broke one day. When the guy came out to fix it, he pulled 13 socks out of the drain thing, so you may want to check there for the shirt. Or between or behind the washer and dryer, I've been known to drop stuff there too! Good luck!

Kristen said...

What a gorgeous little boy! I think I could sit and hold him all day!

Becky said...

Holy freakin cutie pie! Love it! And you look great, don't know what you're smokin about looking bad!

Family said...

AS for Kono, I think he is mine. Cute enough to be anyway. AS for you, you look marvelous!

Cheryl Anne said...

2 months is not enough time to lose baby weight Devri, I WOULD KNOW! I know how you feel, but you LOOK GREAT! and baby is just absolutely beautiful! Almost as sweet as mine. LOL.

Mia said...

Your son is adorable in that cute little outfit! And your hair turned out great.

samiam said...

Again I just love how you can stay strong with all the Craziness! You are a Saint. Awww Beautiful boy. BTW all that effort on your hair was worth it, you look great! =)

Julia Harps said...

you have the cutest children. ANd you look great too. you are such a good sport about the crazy life with kids!

Cole said...

He is gorgeous! My husband practiced saying my daughter's second middle name for weeks before he got it right. HilinaIkeAkua He still messes it up. :)

And I love how your hair turned out. I am a color junkie but have refrained for the past year. I have a natural color. Who knew? BTW- I' willing tobe flown out to help other people color their hair and I have plenty of experience pulling hair through caps! :)

Becky said...

so, thought you might appreciate this....Lissie has been on and off gassy, and it's the worst when i splurge on something sugary. Came to this realization tonight, so sadly (and probably a good thing) no more sugar. Period. Suckity. My face out of fridge too. We can do it!

Ana said...

Devri-You look fantastic. I am in awe of all you do, especially so much hair. Keep it up chicky!

Unknown said...

K-to me you look like you haven't gotten to the you better keep your face out of the fridge point yet.

So, yeah, you are a mother of 7...why not put you in the nursery? ha ha....after you talking about your Tongan son, i do have a question for you to ask the primary president: "did you put me in the nursery because you figured I would be the best one to control my violent child?" ha ha...that's a joke?

And, what is the deal with the lotion? No one can go to church without their lotion...never heard such a thing...is it that 1/2 polynesian blood...does it get that dry or are you trying to make up for missing baths the night before and it is your trick of making your kids smell good? he he

You will have to let us all in on the trick.

Congrats on the baby blessing...I just LOVE a baby blessing. I imagine that it isn't quite as peaceful as the first one, but nonetheless, such a blessing

Devri said...

Mohekonokono is a name from along time ago, the nobel cheif had that name, and then gave it to Maka uncle, nobody can name that name unless it was given to you, because it is a nobel name, but we were luck right? jk I love it..

Anonymous said...

hey devri it's megan wise (new last name is eggleston) congrats on you baby you kids are so cute I hope you don't mind I am going to add you on my blog --my blog is travandmeg.blogspot.com :)

Anonymous said...

hey devri it's megan wise(plasma center) how are you? congrats your 20th child your kids are super cute!!! so I am going to add you to my blog and my blog is travandmeg.blogspot.com:)

Randi A. said...

How cute is he?? Darling, darling photos.
I'm putting off homework so I'm looking through archives. ;)