Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Crazy-nesses...



This is a two part crazy post, one a spiritual crazy, one a crazy crazy...

first the crazy,crazy-

Have you ever wanted to beat the tar out of a child? Don't lie- I know you have- Although I don't and didn't- I wanted tooo!!!

This little girl in the Tongan culture is called the Pau'u of the family- if it is quiet- look for her fast!! She is brilliant, beautiful, and fun, but also stubborn, mischieveius, sometimes doesn't make for a good combination.

Yesterday, we were bringing groceries from the limousine- jk- we were all out side playing, when we went back in the house, it dawned on me that Leila was no where to be found, went to open the door, no go.. opened the other door, no go. The top bolt was locked which meant only one thing, someone was inside. We banged on the door, rang the door bell till my fingers were bruised, this ladies and gents happened for a good 10 minutes, baby in the house screaming, Leila in the house a laughing(probably). NO phone, no keys, no neighbors, no help.. I was about to break my window, when she finally opened the door.. I didn't want her to be afraid of me, but I did not have a good look on my face when that door cracked open.

When I asked her why she did not open the door, she simple replied- I didn't want to go to time out!

Mom- why would you have gone into time out in the first place?

Leila- come look-

No photo here but I'll just explain.

There was in my bathroom, all the Listerine dumped out, the toothpaste all squeezed out, the perfume bottle broken, the makeup smeared from one end of the room to the other, glitter everywhere, baby powder everywhere, baby butt med everywhere, lotion everywhere, towels everywhere. All this done in the 3 minutes we were bring groceries in- and probably it took 10 minutes to try to come up with the reason for it all...

I LOVE YOU LEILA!!! I LOVE YOU LEILA- I LOVE YOU!!!!

Take a deep breathe- exhale slowly- there much better now..


We did our Sacrament Meeting program last Sunday- Our topic was on Keeping the Sabbath day holy.

This in it self is the most spiritual blessing, to learn to grow, and to share.

We had all the girls memorize their talks, speak and sing, it was amazing if i do say so myself. My girls even sang there songs in Tongan. Just lovely..

So why you ask was that crazy? Well just read it again, and you'll see why..

I love to keep the Sabbath day holy at our house, we have for a very long time, It brings so much peace in our house, I have to admit, were a very strict Sabbath day rule family.

No TV, no outside,(only on special days), no music(only church), no friends.

I can testify that if you plan ahead it will work, your day will be so much more peaceful, spiritual, and blessed. In my talk there was a quote I want to share with you- this quote alone will make everyone want to keep the Sabbath Day Holy.

The promises of the Lord to those who keep the Sabbath day holy are so wonderfully clear in the scriptures that they leave one asking, “Why would anyone throw away such blessings for the tawdry, temporary pleasures of the world?” Hear again the words of Jehovah as they roll down from Mount Sinai: “Ye shall keep my Sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the Lord.

“If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them;

“Then I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase.

“ And ye shall eat your bread to the full, and dwell in your land safely.

“And I will give [you] peace in the land, neither shall the sword go through your land.

“For I will have respect unto you, and make you fruitful, and establish my covenant with you.

“And I will set my tabernacle [that is, my temple] among you.

“And I will walk among you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people.”

I love the Sabbath day! It has blessed my family in countless ways. I bear a testimony born of personal experience that the commandments of the Lord are “true and faithful.”

I know you will be happier, enjoy greater peace, and find your lives made glad as you witness the miracles that come to each person and family who make the sacrifice of keeping this eternal covenant.

I love our Lord and Savior. I know He lives and that this is His Church and kingdom on earth. I know He is at once a just and merciful God, who loves His children with all the tenderness of a kind and loving Father. May we, in turn, “offer a sacrifice unto the Lord [our] God in righteousness, even that of a broken heart and a contrite spirit, in the name of Jesus Christ, amen

Sorry this is a lengthy post!!!

Here is an idea that you could do, we started it, love it, go here to find out what to do, it is called the P.I.E Sunday.. click here.

13 coments:

Anonymous said...

How did you even hold your composure with the bathroom mess? I would have freaked! And...she would have to clean it all up and have consequences, but that's what kind of mom I am!! Kudos to you for keeping a level head!

Unknown said...

I am glad to have made your day...I have to do something fun in between the lines on the check rigister.

I totally love this Sabbath post. It inspired me to do better. I think we had better turn off those movies that we let the kids watch. Besides that we are doing pretty good. I want those blessings! How amazing.

And, that little girl deserved one big kiss and one big time out. The little crazy thing. They are so smart, aren't they?

Kristen said...

So sorry about your bathroom. I can only imagine how fun that was to clean up! We are very strict about our Sabbath activities too, but I think the girls have a little free reign during my naptime!

Crazymamaof6 said...

OH MY GOSH! that is not a fun mess to clean up! no wonder she locked the doors.

way to go about the strict sabbath day stuff. we can't play with friends. and not out front. or go anywhere.

tammy said...

I was hoping you'd show us a picture of the mess. At least she was smart enough to lock you out : )

We need to do better at keeping the Sabbath Day. We're good with the no friends, but I know the boys are watching TV and playing on their computers while I'm at choir practice and daddy's out of town. Thanks for sharing that.

Ane said...

Your little pau'u Leila so reminds me of our daughter Francella! I am laughing out loud right now because she has done the same thing before! :D

Your talk was wonderful, thank you for sharing that with us, I really needed that right now! I grew up the same way. But on Sundays when we get home, I get a little
Craaaazzyy, because I am tired and the kids are all starving and cranky...I def need to make some changes! I responded to your ques....on that post. Hope it makes sense..lol!

Mia said...

I would have freaked with the bathroom mess. That kind of thing really bugs me. But good for you for keeping your cool. I love when you share spiritual thoughts with us. I too love the Sabbath and the quiet reverent day that we have. AND thanks for the wonderful survival kit. It is super adorable and while I love having it I hope I never have to use it ;)

Becky said...

Wow, you really are super mom! My child's butt would have been "wo-out!" My kids watch movies, but only church movies, although it's a fight. Probably no TV on Sunday would be best. I guess we'll see.

Kari said...

What a beautiful post & testimony! I know that when we keep our Sabbath days holy we have so much more peace and joy in our home. It seems that chaos invades every inch of our lives, so trying to keep it out of Sundays is wonderful! Our Primary Program is in a few more weeks ~ it is my favorite meeting of the year! My computer is still down for the count, my poor husband has tried to fix it, but it will have to see a professional. So, still not email ~ so sorry! In the meantime, I only have limited access to a computer :( I saw your heart idea posted on Babes in Hairland ~ darling! I have a few more quick things to catch up on while I can. Hope life is calmer the rest of the week!

Misty said...

Wow, you definitely should have taken a picture of the mischeif!

tiki_lady said...

How wonderful that you all got to speak and share of your talent and testimonies. OK, I have so been there on the locked out walk into destruction but I never hid my face. Yes, I wanted them to be afraid, very afraid. GRRRRR, big mama bear coming in, OH wait, I'm mother goose, well yeah sometimes my feathers get ruffled and I'm quite ok, with that.

We have been a strict Sabbath day observer family. There are some rules that are bendable and that is usually when family is in town visiting. We were a lax sunday observer but we kept making changes through the years and one was coming closer to Christ. Which knocked out a bunch of Sunday activities that are normally good activities just not on Sunday. No tv, no music, it is strictly family time, no slothing and laying around, we create with one another, journal, prepare next week lessons, have other members over, but I would like to visit the sick and the elderly. We also go for a walk and talk about nature and look for blessings that are there.
Whatever the level people are at they are at their best. If they feel compelled to change or do more than they change. I know with what we do, it has become very mundane and ordinary so I am sure our family needs to stretch ourselves once again. Thanks for this beautiful post.

Sue said...

Your daughter created a distraction or interupption in your life..You handled it..And you did it with love.

A true saint is someone who gets to the breaking point and doesn't brake...

Thanks for the testimony..That's a "time out" we all need to have more often.

Jamie said...

Seriously!! I would have lost it as in a corner crying and thumb sucking. Something to calm me down before I dealt with the child. We need to do better on Sundays. We are pretty good but there is always room for improvement. The blessings are definately worth the sacrifice. Thank you so much for the reminder:)