Sunday, August 31, 2008

Monday Memories



I have needed to get my blog into check for awhile now, but just haven't had the opportunity to get it going, it's been up, it's been fun, but the real reason I have done this blog thing, is for a journal, knowing that I have finally got my blog together. Sunday will be Spiritual Sunday, this is where you can write a talk, a spiritual memory, or just a theme, lesson, or just a scripture. My first one is down below, feel free to be involved with this, I have had a feeling for awhile now that I really needed to show my church through this blog, so now Sunday is a good day for that..

Monday is my Memory day. I have so many memories that aren't down on paper. So now it is time to reopen them, they might be a bad memory, a good one, or one in the making. Feel free at any time to take the idea, to use the photo tittle or what evvvaa..

So lets play-

This is when we lived in a town back then, I think we had Aanya, Keilani, and Katalina, and maybe Lavi. We were driving to some other city, enjoying life, then
all of the sudden, a car came zooming up the left hand side of us, waving his hands like they were on fire. We looked and had no idea what was going on, but boy was this guy mad. We eventually figured out that he thought we had cut him off,(which we didn't), he eventually just sped up and cut us off. Well Crap- there you have it, now you have made a Tongan man angry. This was back in the day where my husband had a little road rage in himself.. So what were we to do, I sat there trying to hide from life at this point, I looked over at my man, and gave him the look- you all know the look. Are you amazed nothing happened on our end.. I was so relieved and proud that he had finally gotten over his anger issues.

So you want to know how it turned out do ya? Well the car in front of us, did not leave it alone, we pulled over because when he cut us off, we almost wrecked, in thinking that we pulled over to go some rounds, he pulled pulled his car over. We just sat there, my heart was beating a mile a minute, my breathe almost non existent, the crazy man got out of his car racing over to ours yelling and shouting, I was horrified, what if he had a gun, my children were still in the car, do I call 911, I thought in my head. Before I could even look for my phone my husband jumped out of the car. There was a few nice words exchanged mostly on the other mans end. He kept putting up his fists, then back down, jumping and raving, I knew this wouldn't turn out good, then with one punch to his face the crazy man was down for the count, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, before you could say 10 and ring the bell, husband got back into the car, and we left, no police call, just a man lying down on the freeway. Now I am not proud of this moment in our life, but it IS a part of our lives. I am sure the man got back up and did not eva do that again, or at least lets not hope so... If the man is reading this, we are truly sorry for your wounds, your loss of pride. I thought for the next day that the police would be showing up at our door step to pick up my husband and through him in jail, but luckily we just learned a lesson... But I do have to ask? Should I have been proud, or angry?

And to the man- Really- at what part did you NOT notice that you were trying to pick a fight with a Tongan man.. Really?

You have to watch this fight, it reminds me of us, that day. Even to the part of leaving him for dead on the ground... this is hillarious- (the clip-not the memory) go bathroom before you watch..

10 coments:

Vanessa said...

Totally speechless, that clip was funny! And I won't cut you off any time soon :)

Brittany said...

Look at you, all organized! I'll definitely be "playing" some of these journaling 'games' with ya!

Brittany said...

oh, and i WOULD love to use one of your layouts! i've actually been tossing around the idea of starting a second blog just for football stuff... but haven't decided yet. anyway, let me know... oh, and my email is brittany.faiga8@gmail.com ... and no, i'm not up at 1:45am blogging!!

Mrs. Morty said...

I would have been scared out of my mind. Lucky you have a big guy to take care of you guys.

Anonymous said...

Great post!! I can only imagine how uneasy you felt for the next few days wondering if the guy or the police would show up. Too funny. And the clip, oh my heck, that was awesome and brought it all home!!

hoLLy said...

wowsers! that would've been so scary! that dude was stupid to mess with a Tongan, just plain stupid. picturing your hubby punching him flat to the ground made me laugh though:) i think he learned a lesson that day.

Family said...

nice new blog. you are awesome.

Amy said...

That is a dang funny story. I can only imagine what the other cars passing thought. Too funny!

shauna said...

That cracked my up. Poly justice is somthing else!

My husband tells of a man who came to Tonga to show anit-mormon movies to all the high school kids. Guess who got the crap beat out of him? AND my husband joined the church in part because of seeing that movie. As I see it, he lost all the way around.

tammy said...

Men! Oh yeah, I have some driving stories I'd rather not tell involving my hubby. At least you know you're well protected!