Saturday, August 30, 2008

Spiritual Sunday!!


This is a idea that everyone has. I wanted to add to it. I will be doing this every week, so hang tight!!

I woke up in the morning, new that I had a busy day ahead of me, kids were ready for school, and the phone rang,
Hello-

Hey, do you remember about our visiting teaching this morning?

Oh yes, I'll be right over.

When I went to grab the Ensign it was missing, I had set it down were I knew I could find it the next day.. It was no where to be found.

The lady that we were assigned to was not active in the ward, she rarely came to church, and was quiet the character.

I knew that we were already late to go visit her, knowing that, I just left with out it, and said a prayer that I would be able to feel the spirit with a spur of the moment lesson.

We gave the lesson, as she heard it, tears began to run down her face, I simply asked are you OK, come to find out that she was going to commit suicide that morning, and remembered that her visiting teachers would be stopping by later that morning, so she decided to wait till they had left.

The lesson we gave was not a miraculous lesson, but a lesson she needed to her none the less.. What was miraculous was it was the lesson SHE needed to hear.

We returned home, as I walked into the kitchen, the ensign was on the kitchen table out in the open, right where I had put it the night before..

I know with out a shadow of a doubt that if you fulfill your visiting teaching callings, not a call, not a email, but to go to their house and just be a sister who is a friend, you will be blessed sisters and brothers, If it wasn't for that one lesson, that day, that friend- May we all fulfill our callings with a smile, and love and visit those sisters, become closer to those sisters, and if they don't want you in, try try again.. It will come through.

Mosiah 18:8-9:
"And it came to pass that he said unto them: Behold, here are the waters of Mormon (for thus were they called) and now, as ye are desirous to come into the fold of God, and to be called his people, and are willing to bear one another’s burdens, that they may be light;

"Yea, and are willing to mourn with those that mourn; yea, and comfort those that stand in need of comfort, and to stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in, even until death, that ye may be redeemed of God, and be numbered with those of the first resurrection, that ye may have eternal life."

7 coments:

Sue said...

The Lord has designed a perfect plan to care for one another.

I've seen miracles happen through my V.T. experiences..They have become my personal treasures.

Who doesn't have time to be someones friend?

tiki_lady said...

I too, have seen miracles because of VTing and because of faithful dilligence in doing the Lord's callings. So glad you were there.

Amy said...

wow! What a great experience! Thanks for sharing it! By the way... did you get the package I mailed to you? Just wondering... have a great ( and busy ) day!

Anonymous said...

Very powerful! Love it!

hoLLy said...

what an amazing story-thanks for sharing that. visiting teaching is a more important calling than a lot of lds women realize. we have to take care of each other!

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm new to your blog...This is a great post. I really needed it. I am the worst example of a visiting teacher. I have a hard time being motivated to do it and most of the time feel like i am not doing the sisters any good. I also have a less active member that I visit and it's hard to set up visits with her,which I usually take personally but I know I shouldn't. I will definitely try harder from now on!! The Lord truly does work through other people. I tend to forget that sometimes!

Mia said...

I too have a testimony of VTing. Thanks for sharing the story.