Sunday, November 9, 2008

Spiritual Sunday

I want to express my gratitude to all of you who come to read my little ol' blog.




What is Hope?


As President Deiter F. Uchtdorf said in the October 2008 General Conference

stated " Hope is not knowledge, but rather that adding trust that the Lord will fulfill His promise to us. It is confidence hat if we live according to God's laws and the words of His prophets now, we will receive desired blessings in the future.

It is believing and expecting that our prayers will be answered. It is manifest in confidence, optimism, enthusiasm, and patient perseverance."

I have felt discouraged many times in my life. More than I would like to admit. That feeling is not a good one, it is a feeling as life will not go on. It is a feeling Satan wants us to feel so that we will give in to temptation.

I will share one experience of this,

When we lost our dear little boy, I was devastated.. I never showed it, in fact I have always been strong. But inside I was dying mentally and physically.

My body was not only not trying to get rid of this deceased baby, but my body was fighting it, therefore, I had fevers, vomiting, and a very serious infection throughout my body.

"Why would heavenly father do this to me, If the baby is dead, please get it out." I did not want to carry a decease child inside of me, and the thought actually was sickening to me.

As I laid in bed day after day, not being able to enjoy life, take care of my children, I sat in sorrow. I did this alone for about 3 days only.

When it happened I kept to myself, I told everyone I was fine, not even my husband knew what I was feeling.

I felt alone. I felt afraid. And I felt betrayal.

On that third day, I woke up and refused to pray. I didn't want anyone in the room, and I just wanted to give up.

But then my dearest little Lavi came in and sat on the bed.

"Mom, did you pray today?"

Me- Yep. (knowing I didn't)

Lavi- Is that dead baby still making you sick?

Me- Yep. And it will for a long time.

Lavi- Mom, does that mean while you are holding the baby, that Heavenly Father is keeping him for you?

Me- yes, I will carry his body, but he is with Heavenly Father.

Lavi- I know he is making you sick, but we still have one baby, we just wont to get to buy 2 car seats right mom? NOW we wont be broke.

At that point, I quit, I stopped feeling sorry for me, I stopped denying the Lord.

I said a prayer, I asked for forgiveness, and I went on.

That wasn't the cure to me feeling better physically, in fact it took about a month for my body to get use to it, and except it.

But it was the cure mentally and spiritually.

I hoped for a healthy baby. I hoped for a happy famili, and I hoped that I could be strong enough to take care of my children again.

No matter what anyone says, these are the starting of the last days in my opinion.

I feel scared, but I have hope. Even without Faith, there still can be Hope, together is like a rock, you should not be broken.

What ever that it is going on in our lives, whether is be a trial, a sorrow, a view, or discouragement, remember who you are, remember what is promised to come, Jesus Christ is our Saviour and He died so we could have hope to have a better life with our Heavenly Father if we choose to live the right way.

Be strong, endure to the end. Hold fast, and help your little ones be the best they can be. Always stand for who you are, and have hope to go forth.

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week.

I am thankful for little children, for them it is so simple, and we need to remember the simplicity of Heavenly Father's plan.

I am thankful for Hope and Faith.




I want to help myself for my food storage, in the process I want to help you too.


I only learned about this this year, so maybe one person will learn of this too, and use it in your food storage and your 72 hours kits.





Here's one I never knew about till I learnt it at enrichment night.


It is a 6-9 hour heater or cooker.


Place them in your car, if ever an emergency, and it will warm your car to 65 degrees in 10 minutes, use it to cook food, or melt snow into water.


the small paint can you can buy at any hardware store for 1.50


you will need a roll of toilet paper, a lighter, and alcohol.


this in total cost me about 2.50, pretty cheap for saving a life huh!!!!


1. open the paint can

2. get your roll of toilet paper, careful take out the cardboard out of the middle, your can is just the right size for the toilet paper to fit into.

3. get your lighter, through it in the middle and close the lid. tape a nickel to the top of the lid so you will always be able to open it up.

16 coments:

hoLLy said...

i'm so sorry you had to go through that devri-reading that made me tear up. how special little children are and what a blessing your little lavi was that day.

and thanks for the food storage/emergency preparedness tip. i had never heard of that before!

Jan said...

So many feelings in this post Devri. One of sadness and grief and one of hope and faith and being prepared. I too feel it is really counting down. I was reading in 3rd Nephi yesterday and I did find comfort. I know that He is ever aware. We might have to feel the pains, but He will be by our sides. Thanks for sharing your little conversation with your child too. They teach us much.

Endure to the end and we are all in this together. xxoo

Jan

Kristina P. said...

I am so sorry to hear about your little boy. I often don't know how people who don't have the gospel are able to deal with something like this.

Thank you for sharing today.

Vanessa said...

Thanks! I needed that!

gigi said...

Thanks for that awesome reminder.

I've used these cans before. Make sure that the can does not have the lining, I think it is vinyl. It puts of a toxic fume. Get the small pint size very plain can the same color inside as outside. I got mine at Sherman williams. I also filled it with white rubbing alcohol. It gets very hot and will burn for hours. Make sure that you crack a window too. I've got several and made them for christmas presents one year to add to my families food storage. Thanks for this reminder I think I'll make some more.

Jamie said...

Thanks for sharing your sweet story. What a hard experience. I agree the last days are fast approaching and we have a work to do. I will be adding a few of these cans to my preparedness arsenal. I love your Sunday posts they lift me up. Keep them coming:)

Family said...

Dev it takes our little children to teach us and Lavi was right. I love you be strong and expect a fight all the time.

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Wow, this was a touching story. I never knew this about you. Out of the mouth of babes-our children can help us through some tough times. thanks for sharing this side of you.
Thanks for the tip about the can as well. I'm confused with the last step. Can you email a little more detail about it?
thanks sweetie!

Little GrumpyAngel said...

What an inspiring post. Thank you so much for sharing something so personal...I too lost a child and I felt every word you said about Hope...it is Hope that carries me through even my darkest days.

Your blog was a great place to be on this Sunday.

Misty said...

There are so many things I don't know about you, but you seem like such a strong person. I love reading your blog and even though I go through dry spells in the blogging community, I will always come back!

Brittany said...

wonderful post girl!!

Sue said...

Like always, another touching testimony builder..

You have such strong feelings about the gospel..I appreciate all that you share with us.We can all strengthen each other by sharing what matters most. Even when it hurts.

Shannon said...

I'm sorry for what you went through. Thanks for sharing.

tammy said...

What a touching story. We do learn a lot from our little ones don't we?

Thanks for the tip. I do get kinda freaked out and panicked about being prepared enough. I want enough money to just go out and buy 2 years supply of food and necessities. I've been doing a little at a time, but I worry.

tiki_lady said...

what an experience you had to go through, thank you for sharing a tender moment. Our children are such true blessings they speak with the tongue of angels!

Lillian J. Banks said...

Thanks for sharing that story. I would love more details on this paint can- Can you explain it better? have you tried it? Do you put the alchohol all over the toilet paper and then put the lighter in it? Or just light it? Do you leave the lighter inside of it and put the lid on?? Please give me more information. Thanks :)