Friday, December 5, 2008

FlashBack Friday- Christmas Present Edition




Yes, I am posting this at 3:30 in the morning.. Why not!!!!






Some of my favorite presents growing up were these.....


Rubik Cube...

Now have you seen the new ones?


Ever since I saw the movie "E.T." this was a must have....

Christmas morning I was going through my presents like a homeless going through garbage, I never saw the one thing I asked for...a E.T. Finger...

I finally opened the present I was waiting for, I screamed "E.t. Finder" E.T. Finder"

Now do you remember these....


And this..

Dear Santa,

I have been real good this year. I would say that I have been so good I should deserve a trophy of some such. So I am only asking for 2 things this year..

Because who Doesn't want one of these puppies..

Please I need this in my house...


What were some of your favorite presents you got as a child?

☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼☼

Happy Birthday Maka!!!! I love you to Heavenly Father..(inside joke from Lavi)

I know how you love your tools, and I noticed you did not have one of these... How in the @#@ # did you get by in life with out this........

Trust me, your work will go a lot smoother once you get this beauty... Show it off for all to see, come on' you know you want it. Oua m'a 'e pehe!!!!

Oku of ofa lahi atu

Koe moui ta'e angata...

Devri

Yep, always thinkin' of you...

17 coments:

Jan said...

I never saw the ET finger before. That would have been so cool. I remember most of those things. I love the gum holder too. I always am picking gum off the sides of plates. I don't like touching DNA in the gum department. That tool is really cool too.

Kristie said...

I still have a Caggabe Patch Doll... She's in my flight uniform dad got me when I was one!

gigi said...

I always loved a po go stick. I was the neighborhood champion!!

Aquaspce said...

I got a Popple one year. I loved it... even after my sister pulled the pom-pom off it's tale.
Yup her name was Prize.

Jamie said...

Sadly enough I do not remember except my Mom told me one year all I wanted and talked about was a stuffed hippo? What was I thinking?? I guess I am easy to please. Lucky for Santa. Hope yout Hubby has a fabulous B-DAY!!!

Family said...

NO Dev you said it wrong.... It was E.T Feengowr! E.T Feengowr!


LOL


I loved my roller skates, strawberry shortcake doll and you hit on everything else mainly because they were given to me and you thought they were yours. :) I love you! Happy Birthday Maka!

Family said...

NO Dev you said it wrong.... It was E.T Feengowr! E.T Feengowr!


LOL


I loved my roller skates, strawberry shortcake doll and you hit on everything else mainly because they were given to me and you thought they were yours. :) I love you! Happy Birthday Maka!

Kristina P. said...

Wow, I haven't seen many of these in years!

And I'm right there with you about the iPhone!

Vanessa said...

I had one of those doctor kits! And I loved it!!!!

Anonymous said...

How fun, I loved my bike, my sled and any new doll!

Unknown said...

Strawberry shortcake I always wanted but never had, I had a cabbage patch doll,i wanted rainbow brite but never got it. I asked for a smurfette doll one year and actually got it!!! And my little ponies. I had one but my neighbor had tons and I was always trying to steal them! My sister got a smurf bike one year and i was jealous. I got a pound puppy one year but my baby brother snatched it from me and I never got it back and he STILL has it!!!! He's 26. I loved the little smurf miniatures. And care bears!! I never got one until I became a grown up but they have always been one of my favorites!!! And I totally had that doctor set!! ET was my favorite. My uncle bought me an E.T. doll when I was 8 before he died and I still have it in storage!!

shauna said...

One year my mom made me a doll with four faces. Sounds creepy, but 3 of the faces were covered with a bonnet and you could turn the head and expose the face you wanted. There was happy face, crying face, uh-oh face and sleeping face. I wish I would have kept her.

Maka should love his new tool. Lasers are the best. I have a laser tool/level for hanging pictures and painting straight lines. Next to my electric screw driver, it is my fav.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to correct your blog,

It was ET Thinger! ET Thinger!
Love ya Mom

Luckiest Girl.... said...

I never saw the E.T. thing, but I remember seeing E.T. in the theater.
I had that doctors set....I loved my cabbage patch dolls, my roller blades, troll dolls, but most of all my cricket doll!!!

Renee said...

Right on Devri... I love this post! I don't remember the ET finger, but can see why you wanted it so bad!

I wanted a Barbie house. I finally got one and my sister broke it. It was the house with the pull string elevator. I also wanted roller skates. My mom found a pair at the thrift store after Christmas and they were awesome! Bright 70's stripes on the sides and huge white pom poms on the back. Groovy.

I'm totally copying this post!

Sue said...

funny post! I'm tryin to remember what were my fav. gifts..

I always got what I wanted..I seem to remember the feelings of christmas more.

Happy birthday Maka

Anonymous said...

I love, love, loved the Atari and the Dr.'s kit! Thanks for the memories!