Saturday, December 6, 2008

Spiritual Sunday!!

It was a sunny but cold winter day. We were traveling back home from visiting my mothers house in tim buck two....

It was me and 6 kids, #7 and #8 were still in my tummy, only me with the children because Maka was to sick still to come down and visit. As I was driving, there was virtually no snow on the roads, no ice, everything seemed to be going great.. Kids all sleeping, all except one..

Then life changed before me eyes, before I could slow down, snow, Ice and all the horror.

Horror, YES HORROR. We weren't at a place were if you wrecked, you would slide off to the side of the road, you could possibly go off the cliff, I was scared, I had a whole family to protect.

I didn't put on the brakes, just took my foot off the gas, and held my breathe, the vehicle next to me was not ready for it either, as we both started to slide, I screamed out loud "Heavenly Father help me!!!"

Aanya shouted out "mom look", the car next to us, started sliding out of control, I felt my car correcting itself and had a feeling that someone was pulling us to safety.

The car next to us did not fair so well, as we slowed down, they twisted and turned, and fell off the cliff. I was scared I did not know what to do, I couldn't stop, I couldn't do anything.

I had Aanya call 911, I couldn't take my hands off the wheel for fear of death, I couldn't look anywhere but straight..

I was almost to the state of hyperventilating.. I wanted to stop and help so badly, but knew there was nothing I could do. I was pregnant, I had 6 children in the car. How was I going to get out of this situation, I asked myself. I continually pleaded to my Father above, to help us in our time of need. I called Maka, told him what was going on, and he walked me through the rest..

I felt comforted to hear his voice, I felt stronger, I knew with Heavenly Fathers love, and the love from my husband, I could make it..

We do not need to go through struggles alone, let your Father in Heaven know how you are feeling. He knows, but he needs you to ask him..

Lean on your loved ones for support, try to make good out of something that is bad. We all go through it, no ones is perfect, or protected (except of course the 3 nephites).


I am dead tired, I don't know if this even has a point, but I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone, lean on your families, and friends, and You are a special child of god.. Be strong my dear friends, ask the Lord for help in your Horrors of life, He will help and answer you, I bet my life on it.... ;)

18 coments:

Luckiest Girl.... said...

Thanks Devri...I hope one day I will have faith like yours.

JuliaGulia said...

hey thank you. I just found your blog and I really needed to hear what you wrote. Life is hard and I was feeling like how am I going to make it but your right our Heavenly Father is there no matter what we are going through. Thank you.

Kristina P. said...

Wow, what a scary situation. Heavenly Father really does look out for us.

Love the new blog look!

Kenny Do's said...

Wow Devri, that would have been so terrifying! You are an amazing person!!! You amaze me :) Mean it! Thanks for sharing your testimony!!!

CaryManda said...

Thank you for sharing your story. I love your writings!

CJ, The Purple Diva said...

Wow, what a story! I don't know if I could have been so calm. So glad you were able to make it through that time and have the comfort you needed.

Unknown said...

You are a shining example to me! Your spiritual stories are what got me hooked on your blog,have I ever told you that!? I always think of you when I am struggling, because no matter what happens you always have such a positive outlook! And You never question your faith!!!Even though I have never met you in person you set the standard for me everyday! You have the best attitude towards life and have so much faith. I wish I could be like you!!! I have had a rough few days and I needed this,so thank you for posting it!!

Renee said...

That was a great story, and you are a great example. Thank you.

Melissa P said...

That is a neat story. It is good to remember once in a while. Thank you. I love the new look of your blog.

Nora said...

what a beautiful story to share,,, sooo apprieciate it ~

Tara D. said...

Wow, what an amazing story, thank you for sharing it.

Renee said...

Hey, your holiday backround is very nice!

Crazymamaof6 said...

holy cow! scary!
thanks for sharing this story. OH MY GOSH!

you are the awesomest example of faith.

love your new topper.

Kristen said...

What a scary situation and glad things turned out. Thanks for sharing this

The Mom said...

Wow again. You are a strong, faithful woman.

*juli* said...

So, I was driving home from Las Vegas today, and the roads were TERRIBLE. I was so so so scared, and I said a prayer. Right after I prayed this blog entry of yours kept coming into my mind and I felt at peace. :) Anytime I got nervous I would remember your blog and it was really really comforting.

Becky said...

Amazing Lady! So so so glad that you look to Him first when you need help. Thanks for your example!

Misty said...

So glad you're safe...how about the people in the car that went off the cliff?