Thursday, January 22, 2009

Serious Questions Ya'll


So question, when you move to a bigger house, do you splerge for a maid, or do you slave away everyday of your life to keep a clean house.

Or do you just let it be and not worry.


I would if I could buy myself a maid, but I can't.

I would if I could clean my house all day long..... ok not really.

I would if I could let my house just be, but I can't...


HELP!!!!

I am sinking my worries..



On a side note...

Does anyone get the feeling we need to brace ourselves for the next few years?

Just saying....


Have a wonderful weekend..

21 coments:

tammy said...

I do it all myself. Sometimes every day, and sometimes just let it go. When you figure out how to get a free maid, let me know.

Renee said...

I had a cleaning lady when my husband was deployed and it was heaven! I only hire one when times are super tough, but there's only one problem... they NEVER clean as well as you do!!!

Devri, your kids are still so little, I say do as much as you can without letting it rule your world. Also, child labor laws don't apply in your house, so put those kiddos to work! They'd probably do as well as the cleaning lady!

Kristie said...

I agree with Renee. Teach your children to help around the house. At first it takes longer and it can be a slow go, but it pays off in the long run. i dream of having a cleaning lady, but some things are more important than a clean house. Elder Marriot came out here for Stake Conf. he said times are going to be harder than anyone could imagine, so yes, times will be getting hard! So is that a pic of your place? If it is, it looks like a nice place:-)

Family said...

Is that a picture of your house? I clean like cinderella and my kids clean like slaves. But my house never looks clean. Now, you should see Renee's. Bah! Yes, I cut off our Dish Net, starting to coupon like crazy and I am going to home school. Hmmmmm, even if it doesn't get crazy we are better off. I love you.

Kerri said...

I just do it, but it never all gets done. We play a game called beat the clock in our house. We set the timer for 5 minutes and start on a room. If it's not done in 5 minutes, we set it for another 5 minutes. Then off to the next room. Then the kids do their own bedrooms. It actually can be fun! And the house gets cleaned pretty fast. We do this on Friday afternoons and times that we are expecting company.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I long for a maid but I do it myself and it goes in waves between everyday and every other!

I want to meet you too and Tammy, I ♥ that girl! Let's just make it happen!

Jan said...

I am bracing myself Devri.

But the maid thing is such a great thought. Not possible in my world either.

Nicole Marie said...

a MAID! oh i wish so much too. too bad there were no free maid services...if u find one let me know, let us all know!

Sue said...

My "HUB" gave me housecleaning for a yr. for my b-day (last yr).
It was great except you have to have things clean before "they" come.
Right before Christmas this yr. my cleaners quit. So I did the work and told my "HUB" they came and I needed the money in my account, to pay the cleaners. Yes I did!!

Don't sweat a little dirt with those kiddos...

"My house is clean enuf to be healthy and dirty enuf to be happy"!!

Melissa P said...

I go through spurts. It is hard to keep your house clean with kids. Mine will be clean until five minutes after they get home from school. I think the next few years are going to get bad. Good luck. If you find a way let me know.

HaYn Mama said...

Oooh girl I have a small house and I need a maid!

and I'm totally bracing myself!

Kristen said...

I try to keep the "public" areas of my house clean at all times. Just really the entry way, kitchen and living room and bathroom. The rest of the house usually looks more lived in. And I'm not always successful. My rule with the kids is that toys stay in the toy room, not downstairs. That doesn't always work. My kids are responsible for their bedrooms, the toy room, and bathrooms. It's usually all done on Friday when they don't have homework and it's a mess by Saturday morning.

Brenda said...

Umm, what's a maid? Do chore charts and make the big kids help, do as much as you can without being a slave to your house and pray that the rest won't drive you nuts! They're only little once and it's more important to spend time with them now:) There will ALWAYS be housework and it can ALWAYS wait!

Jamie said...

I have a maid service but I am afraid if I work em to hard I'll brake some child labor laws:)Sure wish they were big enough for some of the tuffer jobs....
Yep, I'm bracing myself. Trying to prepare for the worst but hoping for the best!!

Kristina P. said...

I want a maid so bad sometimes!

Unknown said...

My house is so old and falling apart that it really makes the cleaning priority be easy to ignore.

Now, if that is a photo of your house...I am jealous...and heck no...you don't need a maid...if your house is that clean, you are WONDER WOMAN!

Unknown said...

Holy crap, is that your house? You must be cleaning all the time if it is.
And I pray the Obama will help the economy, we had to lay off an employee this week. I never want to go through that again...

Aquaspce said...

I'm a list maker. I make all sorts of lists. There's a good and bad thing to lists. The good thing, it all gets done, the bad thing, I freak out until it's done because I don't like things left uncrossed off.
Kids.
Kids are useful in so many ways. I have a job bowl of easy chores that even my 5 year old can do, We mix it up and everyone draws three. That way: a.) it's FAIR (because we all know, it must be FAIR)
b.) They are occupied while I tackle the "real" stuff
c.) The floors are usually ready to be swept or vaccumed in a timely fashion.
d.) Dinner usually gets done

Supercool Hotmama said...

I want a maid! I have the kids help, but their help only covers a small percentage of the work they create. Oh well, better than nothing. I'm convinced that the key is to declutter and have nothing. I just can't bring myself to let my junk go yet.

Elizabeth said...

Oh gosh.....I don't live in a big house and I still ask myself these same questions everyday!! LOL Oh and I am going to email you. Are you close enough to get together????
Oh and my email is entongi@gmail.com.

hoLLy said...

when we moved into a bigger house, it definitely became more work. but i don't keep it as clean as i did with my smaller house. (and i don't believe in maids! i don't want some stranger in my house doing my work for me. just sayin.) i let myself slack a little because geesh, i gotta live :) i'm not going to spend all of my life cleaning but i think i do have a good system of organization and that it helps me to have a somewhat clean house most of the time:) and my kids are great little helpers.

and yes, we definitely need to brace ourselves for the next 4 years. AGREED.