Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My new LOVE///Thankful Thursday

OK some of you know I love to make Tutus.. But I have found a new love.. This love is a great one.. take a look..



I wondered how easy it would be to make these. They sell anywhere from 60.00 to 100.00

I am dying to make some, since I don't have 500.oo dollars laying around.

I did find a tutorial on them from Martha Stewart.. But guess what!

I don't speak that language.. If anyone does, let me know how hard it would be to do this.. I need them badly..

...............................................................

Thankful Thursday..

I am thankful this week for..

1. My followers, blogger is trying things out, and I am losing people from it.. I hope that is the reason.. you see, when someone follows me, I follow them,


Did you know that I can look at each photo on the followers list and tell you about them and their families.. kinda freakish if you think about it.. I am like a friend who will never go away.... So when I saw I lost a follower, that means I lost a friend..(it might be a one sided friendship. whatca think?)




2. The bulbs I found sprouting in my back yard.




3. Antibiotics.. Tonight is the first time I have felt half like myself. I am still peeing blood, but at least I can get up and do something..




4. My ward.. we are a very close, tight, family.. I heart them dearly.



Grandma Mele and Elaiasi in the summertime 2008

5. This woman, she is my son's bestfriend. Thank you for loving him back.

My church, My Savior, My family, My life, My choices, My Freedom, Funnies, Friends,Knowledge, and Happiness.

Thanks to all those who make this little blogity blog fun.

So what are you Thankful for?

And do you know how to help me make that peddiskirt?.. do tell.

25 coments:

Kristen said...

I'm thankful I found your little blogity blog.
Try going to a fabric store with your MS directions and see if one of those ladys/men can help you out. I have found them to be very helpful at giving me good ideas.

Kaci said...

I LOOOOOOOOOVE your tutus!! I so heart them and want one! :) And I noticed that this morning too about blogger followers...I lost 3! :(

gigi said...

Peddiskirt? It looks like might heart them too, so precious on your girls as well as my Grand Girls! Hurry up and find out how to make them :)

Christie said...

Ok - my daughters would flip for those. I wonder if my friend who sews really well could show me how. Maybe I could even sell them myself :) They're so cute.

Renee said...

I absolutely speak Martha, but I think there's got to be an easier way to make these. They are really pretty and ha!, to all of you reader out there... I have TWO of Devri's tu tu's and they are fabulous! Don't be jealous.

OK, it it weird that seeing your bulbs popping up made my pulse race? Love it. Please take another picture when they bloom!

That last picture got me. So sweet!

Pancake said...

those tutus are darling!

Glad you are feeling better!

I am grateful to know where I came from! To know of a modern prophet!

Nicole Marie said...

You are a great friend! I'm glad to see that when I lost one of my followers it wasn't you! I want a girl so bad so I can one of those tutus! Tried convincing the hubs that was a good reason to try for a girl...he didn't buy it! LOL

nikkicrumpet said...

I wish I could help with the skirts...they are so girlie and cute...but alas I sew like I cook...neither will win an award or get me my own reality show. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better...but I hope the antibiotics kick in and you can get all the way back to normal. And I'm jealous of your bulbage...ours are still hiding in the ground trying to avoid the FREAKING FREEZING weather!

Burrups said...

I wish I could help with the peddiskirt. I have no talent there. They are so cute though and my 3 year old would love one. I am grateful for the power of prayer today. Thanks for asking and reminding me to be grateful for everything!!

Tara D. said...

Those skirts are very cute! If I was still a young girl, I'm sure I would have loved to have one. I'm glad you're feeling better. Good luck finding out how to make those pediskirts. :)

rachel said...

Oh I love those tutus! Hope you feel better soon :)

CaryManda said...

I'm thankful for your blogs and your funnies. I'm grateful for the knowledge that I belong to the One True Church. I'm thankful for a very stink hubz who puts up with me.I really need to be more diligent in posting my thankful thursdays.
I found a think for the pettiskirt thingies...check out ehow..
http://www.ehow.com/how_2267710_sew-boutique-style-pettiskirt.html
let me know if it works..at all. :)

Brenda said...

There's a giveaway for them too. The link is on my blog. My mom printed out the instructions and she said it looks pretty complicated and she is an excellent seamstress. The lady who's giving one away had some helpful hints, though, so she's going to give it a whirl for me. I know you have to use Nylon Chiffon and NOT polyester Chiffon. Good luck!

Joann said...

So funny. I just bought the fabric online to make three pettiskirts for my girls. I love them, too. I am using the Martha Stewart tutorial with some modifications. I'll let you know how they turn out. I couldn't believe how expensive they were to buy. I ended up getting all of the chiffon for THREE skirts for $40. Tack on another $7 or so for a yard of satin for the top tier, $10 for ribbon and elastic and I'll be making 3 pettiskirts for less than $60. Keep your fingers crossed for me! By the way, you HAVE to use nylon chiffon (which you can't buy in the fabric stores...grrr). The polyester chiffon in the fabric stores frays SOOO bad, but the nylon chiffon doesn't. If you'd like you can email me with questions. I found a website that sells the nylon chiffon for $1.54 a yard. If you buy more than $100 worth of fabric the shipping is free...otherwise it's $30...YIKES!!! Okay, so I am rambling. Email me if you wanna chat about them...joannbarber(at)gmail(dot)com.

Kristina P. said...

I am thankful for my job and for my husband's job that is picking up work again and more hours!

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

I am thankful for your bloggy friendship, Devri! I was saddened by the lost follower debacle on blogger too:( But hopefully it's all on the mend now!

Have a lovely day!

in time out said...

beautiful post...i love the thankful thoughts. a toast...you are amazing. good luck with the skirts...

Mia said...

I love the buried alive picture. So cute. Sorry no help on the skirts.

Erin said...

It's great to see green sprouting up out of the ground! Spring is on its way!

Jamie said...

I wanna know how to make them too. I can feel a picture opprotunity coming on....
I am grateful for a great Husband:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Devri. I love your blog and your tutu's. I read this other blog and she described how to make a Pettiskirt. I'm also don't speak that language, but maybe you can figure it out! Here's the website:
Grosgrainfabulous.blogspot.com.
I'm not sure if this helps any, but I hope it does!
Amanda R.

SUPPORT said...

Just stopping by to tell you that I l♥ve ya LOTS! (((HUGS)))

tiki_lady said...

i have lost followers as well. I figure it is because i can't comment like I used to and my blog is a bit depressing these days! But i have bigger things to worry about at this stage, like trying not to hold a cardboard sign up that reads homeless.

I am sure one day I will be able to get back to blogging like before. Don't worry about it. Your true followers will stick by you.

When you find a way to make that let me know.

I wish I knew TONGAN then I wouldn't feel so uneasy. I loved your thankful list.

Suzanne said...

Devri - These pedi-skirts are beautiful. I actually saw them on another blog this week (can't remember which one, of course) and I thought they were wonderful! Honestly, though cottage industry items aren't moving very quickly these days. I've heard this from a variety of people. It hasn't just been my experience. Still, I think if you have a hot item, it will sell. Beautiful!

Misty said...

Your bulbs have already started sprouting? I might have to go check out my flower beds. :)