Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Prayer for my family if you would.


Ok, ok I know how wonderful you are all. I know that you know how wonderful I am (ok JUST AGREE!!!!)


Here is the thing if you could just say a little prayer for my family, that would put a smile on my face.


You see, my husband is sick, not that sick isn't so un- normal. His symptoms are the same as when we found out he had cancer..


Now do you understand where prayer is in order? Maybe it is not the case, but history was not fun the first time around. I know that if it has came back, that it is Gods will, but a prayer for comfort, a prayer of courage, a prayer for him to stop hurting would be greatly appreciated.


I will take him in tomorrow for all the fun. But until then I am crossing my fingers...


Now for my Spiritual Sunday-


I am giving you a post from the past, sorry, I am way busy today. But I wanted to share with you a part of history again.


Some will remember this, and some will see it as a New one.

(dated post from Sept 6, 2008)



When my husband found out he had cancer, I was devastated.. "How could this be happening again." (meaning we had just lost our twin boy). I felt the love from family and friends far and wide, I was so weak, but I felt so strong.. Things happen in this life for reasons, we don't know why, but we will learn and grow from them.. I am not perfect in anyway, sometimes I go to bed crying, after my prayers, asking Heavenly Father. "why why why".


This is the reason today that I want to get out to everyone. My husband was in the hospital, internal bleeding, I had know idea what the outcome would be, but that particular day was a Sunday, we was rushed to the hospital on Friday, and didn't know if he was going to make it. I hurried and got the kids ready to go to their grandmothers house for the day, was out the door, and the phone rang.. It was my husband, he before this really didn't talk much, he mostly just slept.


Dev- I want you to go down to the church to pay our tithing. I was speechless.."How in the world do I know that we are going to be alright"? Surely the last thing on my mind this day was to go down and pay fast and tithing... I did, I walked in with pants and shirt, handed bishop the envelope, I couldn't hold back the tears.. "How is he doing", the bishop asked. " I couldn't talk about it, so I just shrugged my shoulders, and walked out. I have to admit this day that I was not happy about paying our tithing. I went to the hospital and the first thing when my husband said after he woke up was "did you pay the tithing"? I just nodded my head...I had know Idea how we were going to pay for anything, my husband out of commission, I with no job, I knew that we were full tithing payers that if we needed to we would just ask for help...


Every week went by, no money no income, no help... I bashfully asked my husband if we needed to get help from the bishop. He simply said."well be all right".Christmas time was near, no money for Christmas..


Then one day, the calls just started pouring in. People stopping by and giving $500, 1,0000, and so on. A friend from back home, called and said they had a gift for us, we hardly ever see this friend, she had no idea what was going on. She came to the door, dropped off an envelope, and just left. I opened up that envelope, saw that there was a TON of money in there. The card read something like this-Every year our whole family puts money in a pot for "a rainy day", for someone who we think might need it, Dev, I had a strong feeling that you needed this, take it, we all feel like your a part of our family.. Another, a friend who had moved away, came to visit their parents here in somewhere ville. Stopped by and left us with a ton of money also. The lord works in marvelous ways, he knows when you are in need, if you are faithful to him, he will never let you down, he will have other people who listen to his words. I am very thankful for all those you felt spirit, and who served us and helped us out..I have to say this- the whole time that Maka was sick, the whole time Maka's work exploded.(Yep, that is a memory, I'll have to share sometime) We never did without, we never went to the bishop, which in turn helped bishop build his testimony too.


Kaingalotu-(brothers, and sisters)I know that times are hard, I know that things aren't what they used to be. But if you pay your full tithing every time you get income, YOU and your families will be blessed. You will not be rich, but you will not have to worry..I love you all have a great week,Here's a thought- take this week to go get your visiting teaching done. ;)



27 coments:

Kristina P. said...

Prayers coming your way, Dev.

Jamie said...

OH DEVRI, Our hearts and prayers are with your family.

tammy said...

Hoping and praying it's not.

hoLLy said...

i'm sorry devri:( i will say prayers for your husband (and for you-you are in need of extra strength too!) thanks also for sharing your testimony of tithing.i'm so glad we are blog friends-i love reading your words each day. you are an awesome gal.

love ya~hoLLy

Brooke said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

Hugs,
Brooke

Melissa P said...

We will be praying for you. I hope everything goes okay for your husband and you. It is nice to know Heavenly Father is mindful of us even when things aren't looking good.

Kristie said...

Sorry your Valentines was so cruddy:-( My prayers are with you!

Jan said...

Thanks for letting us know of your need. I appreciate and would be honored to pray for your family :)

CaryManda said...

You will be in our family's prayers. I know Heavenly Father will continue to strengthen and bless you, especially now. know that you're loved by so many!


and thanks for the kick in the pants abt VT!! :)

Triple A said...

Your story really touched me. So much has happened since I have been out of the blogging world. What an amazing story of tithing. What faith you have. You are in our prayers.

gigi said...

Hey little mama, my prayers are with you and your family. Trust in Heavenly Father and keep the faith. I too, have a strong testimony of paying tithing and a generous fast offering and the blessings that the Lord will pour out upon us for doing so.

Tara D. said...

I hope this is not what it seems. You and your family will be in my prayers. Love you,
Tara

The Alaska Coyles said...

Your family has been through so many trials, yet I see your faith so strong. Prayers for your husband ...and family will be coming from our house. Keep up the faith, that all will be well.

Krissy said...

Devri I'm so sorry to hear about Maka. Prayers are on their way.

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Devri...My prayers are on their way to you! Your post was lovely testament of faith:)

Hugs:)

Kaci said...

Saying a lil prayer!

Family said...

Many prayers your way. I love that picture of him and the boys. I love you!

Pancake said...

Praying for you all! Praying it isnt cancer. Please keep us posted when you have time

Princess Hairstyles said...

I'm thinking of and praying for your family, Devri.

Mia said...

You have my prayers friend.

Lillian J. Banks said...

Add my prayers too *hugs*

Becky said...

Prayers prayers prayers, and keep us posted.

Suzanne said...

I'll be sending up some heartfelt prayers for your family.

Renee said...

Hang in there Devri! We'll absolutely keep you and your family in our prayers. I hope some good news comes your way soon.

Unknown said...

Thanks for your testimony on tithing-it was a beautiful story. I will definately send a few prayers your way.

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Oh Dev!!! I'm praying for you!!! How scary!!! Please keep us informed!! Love you!

tiki_lady said...

well, even though I know the outcome now! I just wanted you to know that I would have prayed sincerely for you and your family. In fact, I still will.