Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Lifes Miricales! and a little not to tell!



Whoa! I have been wanting to post this for a little while now, but quite frankly it has been to vivid in my mind to talk about it. I think I can now...

Last week, I went to pick up my Kindergarten from school, as I was next to her teacher, we saw a van in the pick up/drop off area. All of the sudden we see a little girl fall out of the van. You see, her mom started to go, while the little one was not all the way in the car. She was ran over.

I was a witness, and so was a lot of people. Her teacher was the one who picked up the little girl from underneath the car. I can still hear everyone screaming. I was in shock, and the fact that that just happened, scared me to death.

Her arm was bent and the shoulder-elbow area was the part that got ran over. I saw how closely it was from her head, in fact, I thought the worst. But thankfully not.

PARENTS!!!!!

Please, please, please, please I know all too well what a pain it is to get everyone situated in the car, put on all their seat belts, but I do it. I do it daily, I do it more than daily. Please take the time to make sure they are safe before you start going.

Please, please, don't be in a hurry. Spring is coming and kids will be playing outside. Slow down..

Watch out, and be careful, Lets all be more careful shall we!!!

I can't even imagine the guilt the mother has. My heart breaks for her and her child. But I know she was being watched out after, because the results could have been horrific.

The part were she was ran over, is very serious, please say a little prayer for this little girl.. She is going to need it. thanks




OK, on a lighter subject...



Thanks Tanja


1. I did not look at all my posts I have missed, and checked read on all of them..

2. I for surely did not buy new sheets for my bed.. Just trying to do my part in the economy.

3. I did not kick and scream today as the snow was falling.. I am NOT a baby.

4. One of my nephews did not have his homecoming on Sunday, and I am not proud of him one bit!!

5. I am not sad that my mommy couldn't stay longer..

6. I did not just stop life today, and lay down with the kids during their quite time and take a nap with them.. I am Not lazy!

7. And I did not enjoy every minute my eyes were shut!!!

That is all I got...




Whatcha Got?



Is it me or did I just turn into the most boring blogger?

17 coments:

Kaci said...

I totally screamed at the snow falling! :) XOXO

Kristie said...

I'm still in shock about the girl being run over, what the heck?
Danni wakes every morning asking if it's summer yet, what am I going to tell her if we get snow again, poor kid (and me:-)

The Mom said...

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER feel guilty for taking a nap. Being a mom is a 24/7 job, with no breaks or time off. I try to take as many naps as I can and my husband is very supportive of this. It gives me the strenghth I need to make it through the rest of the day!

Jan said...

I just can't get past that incident you witnessed. That is literally horrifying. How could that be. I guess we do get our minds in a hurry and then we don't realize that we just need to stay in the moment.

That is just awful Devri.

Misty said...

This totally hit home. Not because my mother is careless, but because this happened to me when I was in Elementary School (sort-of). My daily chores consisted of feeding our horses out of the back of a trailer that my dad would drive around the fields. One day in a blizzard, throwing the alf-alfa and the wind and snow was too much. I flipped over the side of the trailer in the middle of a snow storm. My dad couldn't see me (he thought because of the snow & dark) and backed up a little. The trailer wheel went over my stomache, but before my Dad went any further, he heard the Holy Ghost & thought he should get out and check on me. He found me on the ground and seriously, if he would've backed up any further, I would've had a multi-ton truck on my fragile little bones. Even though I got run over...I was only a little sore because it was just a trailer. Thanks to the Holy Ghost, is probably why I'm here today. :)

Jamie said...

YOu are no boring blogger!! That poor family. My sister got her foot run over getting out before my Dad stopped the car. It is so sad and scary. I am with you, I have a car full of car sats and it is tireing to load and unload, but we don't roll till everyone is buckled.

Audrey said...

Poor baby! It is soo sad.

If you want boring, read my blog. lol I would die without my daily cat-nap. Don't feel guilty. Housework will always be there but your kidas won't stay little forever. Treasure your time with them, even if it is only a nap.

Supercool Hotmama said...

So this would probably not be a good day for me to brag about our weather. I'll resist for your sake. Heeheehee!

Good for you on taking a nap. Yesterday I did NOT give the littles a cup of milk, and handful of cookies, and stick a movie on in my room so that I could NOT go back to sleep for another hour and a half.

Melissa P said...

That little girl story made my heart drop. I was screaming at the snow too. We need spring! Be glad you got a nap.

Mariel said...

Your family is adoreable! Fun blog, scary story!

Stacie S-H said...

I do not read blogs at work when I am supposed to be working

Thanks for the blog. I am glad I do not live where snow falls. That is a few hours away anyways.

Kristina P. said...

That story is so scary! I'm glad she's OK.

samiam said...

Wow that was an eye opener. Remember the post about your child falling out of the cart at the grocery store (of coarse you do.) I remind my husband of that almost everytime we are shopping. Thanks for the heads up... oh and I love naps!

in time out said...

WOW this is a beautiful post. Thank you for sharing. I am going to link to you because I think this story needs to be told over and over...in fact it would be a good story for a site that I write for. YOu could write for them too.

We need to slow down, enjoy our childrens' childhoods.

Here is a link to the website that I am talking about. The story is one that I wrote with my aunt. I believe you will appreciate it:
http://womendoingmore.blogspot.com/2009/03/anthony.html

Renee said...

That is a horrific story! I hope that little girl is OK. Holy cow!

Taking a nap is smart, not lazy and your whole family is better for it.

hoLLy said...

so, the door wasn't even closed!? and the mom took off? i'm not trying to be judgemental(but i guess i am) but wow. not only are my doors closed, but they have to all say "buckled" before the car moves. i'm not saying accidents can't happen, but they can definitely be prevented with extra carefulness. i feel so bad for that mother:( she must feel so so terrible. i hope the little girl is okay. she'll be in our prayers. i'm sorry you had to witness it, i can't even imagine witnessing something like that.

Brynn said...

HOw incredibly sad & scary to watch that little girl get hurt! Prayers going up for her & her family.

Heck, don't feel guilty about taking a nap, that's exactly where I want to be right now!

I hear ya on the snow, we're STILL dealing with that white stuff here too. UGH, it IS almost spring, right?!