Monday, July 13, 2009

The Fall for a Pain!!!

My luck, only my luck.

Went to our ward swimming party. Went down a free fall water slide. When I entered the pool, for some reason, my foot hit first in the water. The water at this pool is not deep, maybe 4 feet if that! Nobody enters like that but only ME!



Outcome, doctor said it was like falling off a building on your foot. The impact hit my 5Th metatarsal



fracture...


Then my foot rolled throwing me forward...



Outcome, very bad sprained ankle. and tore 2 tendons in my foot.



Wow, my foot is really messed up.. Lovely, in bed, trying to get the swelling to go down so I can go see an ortho tomorrow. Wish me luck...



Do you know how bad it is to be one legged, crutch walking fool with 7 kids?



How is the cleaning going to get done. How is the babies going to be carried? How am I going to go swimming with the kids. Lovely.....



Summer bummer!!!



The only good thing is that I am in a walking cast. But told no pressure allowed. Wow, walking cast, with no walking. ummm No comment!!!!



will let you know and take photos after I go to the ortho tomorrow, that is if the swelling goes down a bit!



Lovely



But, did you know I missed a great ward conference?

Did y0u know I missed my daughters 10Th birthday yesterday?

Did you know my now 10 year old spoke in ward conference yesterday?

She spoke on faith, and I was told she cried when she told the story about her father when he was very sick. Their was not a dry eye their that day.

And I missed it.

They tell me she brought the spirit their for the rest of the meeting...

And I missed it.....

DUMB BIG SCARY SLIDE ANYWAYS.....


Sorry Keilani Happy Birthday My sweet Princess!!!

Next weekend we will make it up to you,

Guess where we are going for her birthday party?

swimming with the big scary slide... I will not be swimming..

hubby gets to find out what taking 7 swimming feels like,


I will be laughing from the side of the pool!

21 coments:

Hillary said...

oh man! i know where you are! i feel your pain.. just like it was 6 months ago! at least you can walk and get around. but if theres one thing i've learned is to depend on others, LET those who offer, help! i think that was the ahrdest for me even though i couldn't really say no cause i couldn't walk or drive or anything! hang in there and keep your foot up! you will see how your big kids will rally around you and help where they can!

oh and don't worry, the laundry and dust and things will be there for you when you better :)

Jan said...

You poor thing. I am just sad that this happened to you right now. Of all times. You have had a series of things. This has to slow down from this point on.

So sorry you missed your daughter too. What a neat opportunity for her. Brave girl.

gigi said...

ONLY YOU is RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Girlfriend your luck sucks! But what a sweet family and Ward you have to help you in this time of crisis. Hope things mend quickly for ya. Happy birthday to the 10 year old.
Many Blessings!

Jamie said...

Seriously? I am soo sorry!! Just the thought of it makes my leg hurt. Speaking in ward conference at ten . That girls has great parents!!Wish I were there to help. I am good at lugging large groups of small peole around:) I am sure you are well taken care of. Read some good books and enjoy the break. (No pun intended)

Sue said...

These little interruptions are soooo buggy. I'm sorry for you.. hope it heals quickly.

How wonderful your daughter spoke, and did a great job..Good job mom!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

Devri, I'm SOOOOOOOOOOO sorry!!! I've been trying to heal a broken toe for 7 months now...foot pain is horrible!!! Get better!

Kristie said...

Get your RS Pres on the phone and get the compassionate service leader in action on this! This is the time where it's OK for others to help you out for a bit! Bummer about the foot, sounds kind of like what I did to mine, except mine was crushed under a horse. I threw the walking cast away after 3 weeks!

Kaci said...

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry! Feel better soon. :( XOXO

Ane said...

So sorry girl! I hope you feel better soon! Wish we lived closer so we could help! ;)

Anonymous said...

YOUCH! girl... you must be in a lot of pain!!!!
heart pain and foot pain!
i hope you heal up real quick like!

hoLLy said...

aw man devri! that is terrible! i'm so so sorry:( hope it heals quick and that you make it through the summer okay:( i hope you get some help because you need it, like the above commenter said, i hope your compassionate service leader gets informed!

and happy birthday to your beautiful birthday girl!

Melissa P said...

You poor thing! I can't imagine trying to take care of 7 kids with a broken foot. Not Fun! Good luck at the doctor.

samiam said...

Oh Dear this really sucks!! Only you is right chick!! Take care and make the Hubby do everything.

Jess the photographer behind the lens at JWilsonPix said...

That IS a bummer..... hope it gets better fast and your back on your feet again... No more slides for you for sure!! =)

Make sure to take pics of dads day at the pool... when dad is in charge... its always an adventure of some sort!! =)

Kristina P. said...

Ouch! That sounds horrible painful! I'm sorry you had to miss your daughter's talk.

Get better soon!

tiki_lady said...

i am soooo sorry! it stinks big time to be in a cast during the summer! let alone to have kids that you have to keep up with too!

mCat said...

Crap-a-doodle!! So sorry to hear about it, but I am thinking that next weekend's adventure with Daddy and the 7 kiddo's will make for good posting fodder : )

Family said...

I wish I could be there to help! We did not call you stumble butt for nothin'! I love you.

Cheryl Anne said...

Ouch! I hope you get feeling better quickly... how long did they say it would take to heal? or at least be able to walk on it? Get well soon!

shauna said...

I think I will avoid the high dive from now on. And the low one. And the slides.

I don't think there could be a worse time to wear a cast. Just don't try scratching your leg with the long end of a fly swatter!

Jackie said...

I'm so sorry about your foot! I love your attitude about your situation. Thanks for visiting my blog!