Tuesday, July 7, 2009

SHUT THAT DOOR!!!!



If you don't know this kid rhyme, go back about 20 years, and kick yourself in dah head!!!!!
(hugs)

1, 2 What did you do?

3,4 SHUT THE DOOR!

5,6 Be nice, love one another and STOP KICKING!

7,8 Go to bed, it's late!

9.10 Wake up, and do it all AGAIN!!!

Oh I love the summer time and ALL the stuff that come with it! With 7 children in the house at one time, all day long, together, IT IS NEVER A DULL MOMENT AROUND HERE! Drama, trauma, fighting, yelling, hitting, punching, "I'm Bored",

I really do love summer....

Oh did you need another? I wrote another rhyme last year. Let me see if I can find it. hold on...

OK I found it!
This one is to "London Bridges Falling Down"....

Stop that, come in side, shut the door, shut the door,stop that, come in side, SHUT THE DOOR.

Take your shoes off, pick that up,stop fighting, stop fighting, take your shoes off, pick that up, STOP FIGHTING!

No you can't play, clean your room, turn TV off, turn TV off, no you can't play, clean your room, TURN TV OFF!!!

Wait till lunch, wash those hands, who did that, who did that, wait till lunch, wash those hands, WHO DID THAT??

Notice, my kids never learn, both songs a year apart, and it still had SHUT THE DOOR in it! ugh

I love my children, don't get me wrong, Just come on little Peoples,

can't you get along?!!!!

Have the bestest day ever would ya!

26 coments:

Kristina P. said...

So, reading between the lines, you would like the kids to shut the door?

Cole said...

Ehhh, if you just lock the door while they are outside then they can't leave it open.

And you don't have to listen to the drama....

Kaci said...

LOL!!! Oh you crack me up!! :) Hang in there Momma.

Liz Mays said...

Your daily summer mantra is catchy! Sorry.

Hillary said...

i think i said that 1000 times this weekend! of course the a/c was on and we had 29 people at my house! (16 kids, i wasn't telling the adults that!)

Audrey said...

Ha ha ha that is so true at my house too! and I only have 3 to holler at! By the way loved the camping pictures. It looks like you had way lotso fun and I am so jealous! lol have a good summer

Jillene said...

You took the words right out of my mouth!!

Kristie said...

Yes, come in or stay out, just SHUT THE DOOR!

Melissa said...

Love your stories! I guess I am lucky that neither of mine can open the door yet!

Ane said...

Lovely! I would love to play these songs all day long! Can I get that on a CD? Thanks Ma'am!

Jan said...

I think your on to millions here Devri.

Shut the door is very catchy.

Mia said...

I can not count how many times I tell the kids to shut the door!!!

The Kooky Queen--Rachel said...

I couldn't agree with you MORE!!

Tara D. said...

Hmm, I just commented, but it did something weird, so maybe it didn't go through??? I'll try again!
Have a great summer and good luck! Looks like you'll be needing all the luck you can get. lol ;)

Family said...

Is SHUT THE DOOR a familiar phrase in every house? If so these songs will be sung all summer long! Hugs

Shelle-BlokThoughts said...

LOL... like I said, it's good to know that MY kids are not alone in the shutting the door thing!

Melody said...

glad to hear that someone else has the same trouble, I thought it was just me.

mCat said...

I like the lock the door while their out idea.....: )

gigi said...

Hey, my mama use to lock the 5 of us outside. The door was open but the screen door was locked to keep us out. If we wanted a drink we had to use the hose. The only way we got in was to pee. We could stand at the door and yell and as long as nobody was bleeding she wouldn't come check.
We could never get away with that these days a neighbor would call DFACS on you. Hang in there dear, nothing lasts forever :)
Good to hear from you.

Jamie said...

ROFL....... You and I have similar days. Being stuck in the house all summer is for the birds

Cheryl Lage said...

HYSTERICAL! Especially in light of the fact that all weekend long I kept saying DO NOT SHUT THAT DOOR! DO NOT SLAM DOORS IN THIS HOUSE! LEAVE THAT DOOR OPEN! ;)

Hee hee hhee! A great post. ;)

Sugar Boogers & Tantrums said...

OMGosh I am constantly telling my son to stop slamming doors or how about don't wipe your peanut butter fingers on the clean walls only to find out he did. Now we plan to have a 3rd child. Are we crazy or what? lol

Cynthia said...

I have had to yell so many of those phrases.

However, "shut the door" is now much less necessary. My hubs bought 2 foot long springs from Ho Depot and screwed them to the front door and sliding glass door. They basically pull the door back everytime it opens. It's harder for the kids to go in and out as opening the door is harder for the small people but it works.

We've had a few fingers shut in the door (but not slammed) but I'd say it's a small price to pay to not have to yell "Shut the Door" all the time.

Good luck!

hoLLy said...

hang in there devri-i feel like i have a hard time keeping 3 kids entertained, i can't imagine it with 7! you are wonder woman!

Renee said...

We've had high drama this week too. Must be in the water.

Supercool Hotmama said...

I find myself yelling, "In or OUT!" all day long as they stand there in the open doorway.